Max Gasman's Nissan Micra project

Ha! No “stuck-in-a-vehicle-BOX” limits here for me Max.
I am personal use stationary power.
I am able to system spread out all as I wish. Compact and intergrate as I wish.
I wish to have every single heat BTU that is woodgas energy derived used. The IC piston engine heats all are these. Fair game to harvest. These are a full 50% of the total wood enrgy IN to powers out in the whole system.
Respectful to Mother nature is to, “Waste not; want Not.” Heat practical too here in a wet air maritime north latitude rainforst. All woodgas energies must first serve ME, before any allowing to escape.
My system ALL heat shed energys must be used for just in time winter wet wood picked up drying down conditioning. I do not have the direct solar input to depend on. So I energy “eat” the trees cloudy skys low energy received and concentrated “fats” and can energy survive happy. “Norse” original Greenlad settlers could have survived by giving up thier european love of pigs and cows, fodder growing for these and gone Native seal and small whales blubber instead.
I was strong imput/learned this use all BTU’s in VictoryGasWorks developing.
Jim Mason/APL now for years using the IC engine exhaust (woodgas derived) heat as a direct energy performance boosting input into his hearth Pyrocoil hot TOTTI system.
WayneK and true WK system builders using their IC engine exhaust heat (woodgas derived) indirectly though hearth air heat also as an energy performance input booster.
Is, “waste not, want not” only American??
I use no pre-engine paper filter security diaper. I do not believe these other American developers do either.
THIS IS very American. We have been stinking, wet, acidic, wide-range energy density well-head gas direct fueling IC spark piston internal combustion engines with the very least cleaning and de-watering crap-gas for a hundred years. That is what makes the no-electric grid pictured walking-beam pumping go up and down for the “black gold liqueur” harvesting. We know well how to make IC pistion engines eat crap gasious fuels to do the jobs. An engine here to “Practicals” is just a tool, not a worship. Search “Arrow”, “Witte”, “Waukesha”, IHC Idustrial, Ford Industrial engines in oil fields services. Never Caterpiller and GM Detroit engines used for this direct field fuel working. They are too proud of their engines.

I only know Miss April Woods from her membership and posts here on the DOW.
April is a common woman’s forename here like for men, there: Vesa.
Woods is a not uncommon surname here just like like Ek, there. 20 “Woods” surnamed phone listed here in my county of ~400,000. 3X that 20 for unlisted phones and family members then says a ~1 in 10,000 name.
Niether “woods” or Ek (oak?) has anything to do with who, and what these people do.

Now the John Blount that Ms April refers to is a friend who I have correspond with for years. A stinky, old goat with an attitude. Really. See his picture up on linkedin.
He is over 2 years now systems Operator/Delvoper at Ms Aprils company. A working/selling woodmill.
He has climbed up the on-hands woodgas experience ladder now from IC piston engine powering small; to medium small; to now medium large stationary woodgas to electrical energy systems. Also a stationary system man. One of a double handful of these who correspond with me.
He has much direct field working experience in the central/south US “oil patch” region of Louisiana and Texas.
Very intelligent man. Could have easily been a degreed published Engineer or Scientist. Prefers to let those ed-u-ma-cated “stuck-in-thier-own-boxes” folk advise; so he can stay more, real world relevant, useable, on-hands.
We talk of soots, soots, soots, and soots. How to minimize formations. How to use those that do form. We talk now of how all of this is really just plasma energies manipulating. We talk of entropy.
Just like my super smart wife stays a Nurse now formally teaching with her own school, still on-hands contracting out and by-passed the getting pigeon-holed “boxed” into being a clinic/hospital Doctor. Ha! One of my sister followed her example. Trained, qualified and works as a Nurse living in Belgium. Ha! Now tri-lingual working on number four language to be able to work advance.

Actually too easy, intelligent, to “out-fox” and “box” ourselves in. V-e-r-y hard intelligent to be practical. All of those seen possible “why’s” and “Y’s” to chase down!
Ha! Ha! I last formally tested as now just average and ordinary. “What’s your problem?”
A year since, and I’ve slipped now much more.
Really, really, now need to Internet un-plug. I am no longer social polite and decent. Sigh. And know this.
Again apologies for any insults and slights read. Unintended. I do not know you well enough to call you a stinky old goat like my friend JohnB.

REgards
Steve Unruh

Thanks, Steve!
Thanks for the clarification!
Max

Hi, Don!

So far no useful camera; the mobile telephone is a bit old, it has only 1,3 Mpixels. Only outside in sunshine can deacent pictures be taken…

Max

The registration instrument (document) and the Haynes book give the measures, weights, and allowable lightening up of (front) weight.

Brutto = max. 1100 kg

Tara = empty 700 kg (Haynes 645kg)

Netto = net 400 kg (usable)

1. axel 505 kg - 20% = 101 kg max. weight relieving

2. axel 570 kg

Wheel base (Haynes) 2300 mm

1. axel to gas system weight point 3320 mm

2. axel to gas system weight point 1020 mm

lever ratio 2300 : 1020 = 2,2549 = INVERTED WEIGHT RATIO

(valid for 1. axel relieve to gas system weight point calculation)

lever ratio 3320 : 2300 = 1,4434782 = INVERTED WEIGHT RATIO

(valid for 2. axel load from gas system weight point calculation)

1. axel max. front weight relieving 101 kg X 2,2549 =

max. gas system weight 227,4509 kg

1. axel gas system weight 227,4509 kg X 1,4434782 =

328,32041 kg

With such front enlighting there remains hardly
any weight reserve even for the driver ;-))

By no means will such weights be used; target is to keep the system below 100 kg… very hard!

Whole the back shelf with the gas preparing system
has to be stainless and light, as predicted.

Here is no place for a 1/4 ton heat recovery system. Most of the recovery will be direct in the gasification process.

The Micra will lose 2 - 3 passengers on the registration instrument.

This could also be useful for the Citroen AX…

Max

Thanks Max. That list is quite complete.

Thanks for checking! Usually something is missing…

Max

Max,
Will you be using 300 series or 400 series stainless?

Wes, I want to say I was really impressed by your truck and the instrumentation in it. I wish I had looked at your filtration system some more and got a better handle on it. I brought that milk home and kept it in my fridge here at my shop till last week. It had maybe an inch in it. It must have been cultured well and didn’t smell sour. I fed it to a small young female and pregnant cat last week. She loved it … Not bad eh ?? Thanks again for the ride. Maybe we can get Max to cross the Atlantic next get together :o) … Mike

Hi, Wes!

Preliminarily, it seems to be about Gauge No. 18, .0500, 1.27mm

The barrels (2) have to be rolled with 4 reinforcement folds to be sturdy enough. The diameter will be set by awailable commercial lids hinged on “closing and attatchment” rings.

About 500mm = 19.685". The height = 1300mm = 51.18".

The lower half of the gasifier will have no insulation, but charcoal.

~3" abowe the bottom an inserted (snug loose) intermediate bottom with a “visir”, 3 or 4 sector, in the center for test sampling and service.

The upper part gets a condensation mantel and gutter.

The fiter barrel will be an identical “copy” on the outside.

It will have an internal, gastight lid near the top lid in
which the central 219 mm = 8,622" tube hangs.
Around the central tube, the textile filter-tube is arranged
in 7 “floors” 100 mm apart from “waist” to “waist”.

Each formed “bagring” between the “waists” are kept outward by a hoola-hoop ring. From waist to waist 1 m = ~1.1 yard of the long textile tube.

Cyclone and paperfilter “pots” 219 mm diam. hanging on backside of each barrel.

Still, tube cooler and two condensate pots and a blower has to find their place on the shelf… re-heating around the gas tube from gasifier to the textile filter.

If the textile filter fails, then Ali Baba SS mesh from China…point welded into tubes.

Max