Mike LaRosa .. Linden Wisconsin

Mike Never got to meet him. Exchanged emails with him a couple of times

Don’t know if you remember or not the yote coon cross was a reference to a post you made about a year ago where ticks bit your cayoons and Joeh said it was a cross of animals
I sometimes have a weird sense of humor

Thanks for reminding me … My Cayoons still hurt from them things … I got bit bad twice (by deer ticks) before Argos so was in rough shape there … I can’t take doxy now. I put one in my mouth and throw it right up … Lyme disease is a bad thing … I usually check myself pretty good but missed those two. My wife should have noticed them :o) … Mike … Jonathan’s truck may still exist. I will check with him when we talk next time. It should be in the Lincoln Area …

I asked him about it if its still around I don’t think he knows where its at. One of these days might take a trip down thataway to see what I can find

1 Like

Tom, He had computer control of engine computer by remote control to adjust the mix between woodgas and gasoline … I think he was the first with that … He is a big guy and his hopper was way too high for me to even look into … I had to climb up onto the truck roof to peek. I have to go to town to research for a survey job … CUL, Mike

1 Like

Mike
He has s thread here you can search him out. I gotta learn how to post links. Its on the “dark” side forum I believe

1 Like

Here’s a picture of my new tomato planter for the spring … Anybody complains about me putting and engine block around my flag pole they can give me a bunch of milk cans to hide it , Mike
Trying to upload the picture …

6 Likes

blizzard here today Monday 12/28/15 … Hope we don’t get too much … The drifts are a big problem … I carry a long tow chain on the front floor. My heart goes out to the tornado victims and even the dumb arses that tried to forge the creeks. I usually open the driver door so the car can’t work like a boat and drift away and to see the water height and sweep the water out later … crack all the other doors as well and crack the windows. Now if it was an early vintage beetle you could just drive and the wheels would work like propellers and the car would float for a while and even steer :o) … Mike

3 Likes

Wake was today … Gerry’s shoulder was ice cold … I had to pat it anyway a few times. I went through the line twice … We used to hug. … I didn’t put anything in his pockets as I usually do because his daughters said he was going to be burned … I thanked them for laying him out … I asked for a teaspoon of his ashes to put on the RR tracks in Arizona and they agreed … He wanted to be thrown in a swamp but his ashes will lay there till spring now … One less story teller gone from the tribe … Maybe in April I can get to AZ …
Repeat here … Money, What’s money … Happy New Year folks … Have to go to a wake of one of my best friends tomorrow. Gonna be boring now and he was 3 years younger than me … As far as storing woodgas, the only person that took that seriously that I can recall is Bruce Jackson , I can’t do youtube but I think he goes by budasdad or the such there and you can find the videos of his gas storage adventures and many other woodgas things … Regards, Mike LaRosa

2 Likes

Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHbXC6na9hg

1 Like

Mike ,

Sorry to hear about your friend :cry:

2 Likes

Me to, sorry to here about your friends. There are tracks in Argos. But that’s not Arizona. Peace out…

I hope it’s it … Thanks Doug !!!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=buddasdad

some of these may be it … Mike

2 Likes

I just piped in to put this up the list. I never got any replies to Bruce Jackson’s experiments. Snowing like crazy here right now (Sunday) … Mike

1 Like

Stay as warm as possible, Mike!

1 Like

Hope your snow througher,is working,mine sheered a gear box last winter before last,so i have been diging mi way out too the road with elbow grease shoveling, i just make one 100 foot trail too the road,then push 2-1/2 feet back on each side of my first pass too the road,looks kind of like a pirret trail.I wonder how thick lake michigan ice is this year,probably thin.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,
The shear pins on my snow blower are actually 2 special bolts that hold the impeller blades onto that drive shaft. I don’t know how far you dug into this, but the fix could be as simple as replacing these bolt on the impeller blades and not in the gear box at all. Check out the manual or online for the correct bolt or you will lose the protection of the shear.
Pepe

1 Like

Hi Pepe, Shear pins are important !!! Especially on a boat propeller … Snow blowers as well … Usually one side goes and is not noticed so half the blade is throwing snow … Mike

2 Likes

Yep.Yep. My rototiller left/right tines assemblies will eat a grade 3 bolt shearpin one/two nearly every Spring on a frost heaved up “growing” boulder-rock. I keep dig down sinking that PITA every 3-4 years.
Saves the chaindrive. Saves the sliding reversible gears set.
Ha! Engine crank and flywheel key are belt drive protected.
“Belt and suspenders” in this case means shearbolts and belt.
Regards
Steve Unruh

3 Likes

Format appears to have changed again … Plan to drive to AZ last week of April to watch the cactus bloom … May spend a week or so … Took a big spill down an icy slope on Monday … Broke some equipment … Still sore … New drill press is near spec now … Just fixed up my pliers … Brazing is fun … Mike

4 Likes