Mike LaRosa .. Linden Wisconsin

Thanks Terry L, I will update soon …

PS, I need to add a few wraps of copper wire on some of the stressed joints that could come apart and also some foam pieces like where it is against a radiator hose etc etc etc. I need to drill some holes in the rear bumper to hold up the 3" stuff … No biggy. ML

Maiden Voyage. Ron Lemler called me this morning and let me know he was staying in a hotel around 10 miles from here. They did some touring and then stopped by here mid afternoon. Ron and I took the 98 on it’s maiden voyage (finally). It was seamless and ran better than I had expected. The OBD2 computer threw no codes on the drive. I’m a happy camper. More later … Mike
One step closer to Argos

Congratulations Captn. Mike. Not sinking on the maiden voyage is a great start.

Hey Mikie .

I wish you could put up a video but I know you are on dial up .

SWEM

Good on ya Mike!
Really happy for ya, would like see some video.
Much SWEMing to ya!
TerryL

Wayne & Terry L, You guys and your videos. I can’t even download the pictures off my camera anymore nor do I have disk space for videos. I uploaded my share of short clips before youtube became a household word. You’ll just have to take my word on it and Ron L’s. Rhonda took some pictures of a few things so hopefully they will make it home safe and sound and upload a few.
Oh, the truck is a manual transmission so I would have to put the camera down anyway to shift. One thing that Ron might comment on was that for grins I lit the gas off and it lit and continued to burn immediately only the flame was invisible. I slapped my hand over the pipe and of course singed the hair off the back of my hand. I had to stop it before it melted the trailer light wires. Rhonda yelled at me for not wearing my gloves. ML

Hi Mike; thanks for the hospitality, and tour of your gasifier museum very interesting. We came at the perfect time for the maiden voyage of your S10.It ran really well ,I kept waiting for it to stall when it went back to idle but the computer held the rpms steady really nice and it went up and down those Wisconsin hills amazingly well for having such a small engine.
Beautiful country up there with the farms and rolling hills. We only got a couple of good pictures. Thanks again for the good time.
It sure is a small world meeting some one else from Bourbon now living in Dodgeville. We will see you in Argos!! Ron L

Lookin Real Good Mike!

Sharp looking ride ya got there ML

Hey RonL thanks to you and your wife for the MikeL pictures. 'Nother couple I now know to avoid for those oh so flattering butt shots.
Hey Mike so I guess DJ is correct that red vehicles woodgas particularly well, eh? Isn’t this your 2nd or 3rd red one? Shucks. Scrapping out one of the reds. Selling the other. Leaving the white one to woodgas.
Regards
Steve Unruh

Like the A team, I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks for the visit and pics Ron and Rhonda and the positive comments fellas. My next project is to put a “lock” on the truck topper to keep the honest folks out of it.

Hi Ron and Rhonda, put around 25 on it on Saturday with one of my best living friends… Still running the same (great). BUT I had a puff knock the lid off a bit so ran it as a FEMA for maybe 10 miles. Throttle body got a bit sticky but no valve problems. Soot was sticky and I’m not happy. I sprayed it with WD40. It (the lid) always seems to jump forward so I think I will add 2 L’s ahead of the lid and around 2 or 3 inches each side of the spring to see the lid stays centered … I’m really looking forward to seeing the gang again in just a bit over 2 weeks. Hope all is well on your end. Our pool is leaking pretty bad but I believe it is earthworm stuff. I just put around 3 feet of water in and stomped down the bottom till my legs went numb. Sue did it on saturday with around 8 inches in it. It was in the 80’s here today and I worked in that most of the day so we will need the pool. Please have Rhonda read this post … Thanks, Mike L

I finally got my PV panel mounted on the roof of the shell today to run my food and beverage cooler. It can also charge the battery on the gasifier or truck for that matter. Last time I used it was on my 1986 Buick. I can’t upload pictures here so hopefully one of you guys will upload it for me.

It is fun to listen to the cooler spin up when the sun hits it. Perfect match. In Arizona I would just put a blanket over the cooler at night to keep it cool till the sun came up again. Supposed to be widespread frost here tonight and then mid 80’s on Tuesday …
Off to Argos in a few days. I have my bed set up in the truck and am ready to roll … ML

EDIT: Thanks Chris … I cut my third finger yesterday loading up a double rotor unit for folks to look at. I pulled some electrical wire off an old gasifer and the plastic had melted and actually made a sharp edge so when I was pulling it tight and twisting it to hold the gasifier to the trailer I got like a super paper cut right where the string goes. Last thing I expected … It took a half hour to quit bleeding and then I strapped it up. I may have to play with tape on it. You still haven’t let me know if you are bringing your violin. I have my resident junker in the truck already but don’t like to leave my good one sit around in it. I will just bring my good one if you are bringing yours and leave the junker in the black truck at home and also bring my viola. You might like to play that. I’m keeping my eyes open for a cello … ML

Hey Mike,

I think I’m leaving the fiddle home, already packing a guitar and banjo. Bring something and I’ll play it, or I’ll borrow your good one for a couple songs.

It’s gonna be one stuffed cab (single cab) what with the tent/sleeping bag, books, t-shirts/hats, plus food and clothes. If I’m careful there’ll be a spot left for me on the drivers seat.

I’ll bring an extra … I wanna hear you … My passenger seat is empty. My gasifier is on a trailer. Last year Meshke rode with me but they are expecting a baby (girl) in a few weeks so he’s tied up … It’s his turn :o) … ML

On the note of music, I think it’d be awesome for those of us that can’t make it to Argos to have video of a good “woodgasser jam session”.

Here’s what the place looks like on 2/1/2014 … Hard to get anything done here … Mike

Looks all too familiar Mike. One day we were 50 degree weather, the next day it snowed and from there, winter never let up. I still have the lawn mower and wood chipper stuck outside from the fall.
I checked out your website, pretty cool. I’m not sure if you know, but I sent you an email 3-4 weeks ago with some questions. It was from [email protected] Maybe you thought it was spam?

Bill S

Bill, I sent you an e-mail direct … I am sitting in a 40 degree space right now. My office froze up yesterday and I’m busy thawing it but the can of beer I left on my desk is still frozen. I feel sorry for the one plant I have there. I went through 3 months of propane in one month this year. I won’t pay the current supply and demand price so I guess I will just lay low until things come down again. I can not fax, scan, print etc etc etc until it does. I also can not put a wood stove in my office. I go there to get away from the dust from the wood stove in our house :o) … Oh well … still 10 below here right now … Mike

I’ve got my new simple gasifier a good way built. It is similar to the one on my current trailer.I found a camera today and uploaded a few pics to my site. Maybe Chris can get the pictures uploaded here. I can’t with my current computer, browser, and dialup connection.
Mike