Mike LaRosa .. Linden Wisconsin

Looking good Mike great progress.I think I;m with you so far here. Am I correct to assume this unit goes into a shroud to preheat incoming air? This looks like an asy way for me to get my lose my virginity in the wood gas world ! I have some old propane tanks here and some small compressers . Sorry if I missed them but could you give me a ball park sizing of you tank sizing so I can see if I have enough to get started here without ventureing into the unplowed junkyard. I think we have about 30
’ of snow on the ground and up to 18 more forcasted for tonight. Back to raking roofs for me.Already fatigued to the point my body is still shaky from the last session with a couple structures left to go.

Jim, It is 16" diameter. I think you can scale the rest ??? The rotors I use are 13" OD. I’m not sure you could find something suitable to fit a 14" diameter propane tank. I can’t wait to fire it up and burn the paint off but I have to wait several days. I may try to find some refractory cement and get the top packed in first. I used to have some potters clay around but only God knows where that is right now. I want to pack the rotor. I have plenty of sand to pour around the hearth but I know I will have to lay it over to move it and don’t want that to pour out … M

Don, I like to look down a nozzle and light through one but lately I have been lighting through the top like Wayne does. It lights faster that way … I will decide when I finally make a shroud for it. Hope to see you soon, Mike

thanks Mike looks like snow removal will be a new priority for us. broke my plow truck last time only 2wd till summer now.I read somewhere of someone using a mix of plaster of paris and sand. how long do the pressure tanks last? I think I have one I can get to. what will you be using for a shroud? I hav a couple 2.2 s10’ although not ideal maby I will use 1 to gt my feet wet only other fuel injected rig is a Caddy like Herb’s

Mike you ok? I’ve seen no posts from you since this last storm. hope all is well?

Jim, Just got back from Milwaukee … I played music (violin) late on Friday. Truck broke down on Saturday. The connector to the starter motor snapped off. I tried welding it back to the cable but it wouldn’t flow. Finally I found an old ford cable to put on the starter and hook to the GM but I dropped the nut. I found the nut this morning and have it threaded on the starter so hopefully I will get my truck started some time tomorrow. We drove 280 miles today but had a nice time with kids and grand kids. Granddaughter turned 1 … Stay warm this week. It’s getting crazy cold again … Mike

Hey Mike,
Glad you made it back safe. I tried calling you this afternoon. I’m sure you were busy. Do you still have water? Yes the next 10 days the highest temp we’ll see is in the teens. Sure makes it hard to get much done outside around the house. Did you get a chance to fire up the new gasifier?
Stay warm and I’ll try and call tomorrow

Bill, I just typed you a whole post. My wife walked by and it all went POOF and then this entire site had to reload and it was gone. I’ll try to call tomorrow or catch your call. Big Brother IS watching … Blow all that cold crap back up to Greg M in Manitoba :o) … M

Mike glad you got to see the kids, that’s the highlight of my week anymore, 4yo grand daughter so fun .Sorry to here about the truck, im sure your working thru the wheel well on that right? I like them 2.2s as well .How do they do on wood gas

Jim, I had to crawl under it many times but I should be able to complete the project through the wheel well now. Just a reminder, I have woodgas pipework running on that side so it is in the way some … Mike brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Monorator plumbing done

Bring on spring so I can play with this baby … M

Dang it !!! Will someone please tell it to stop snowing. I feel like I’m dancing on the edge of an advancing glacier. Wife is sick and I’m afraid to go back home where the heat is … I added a collar on and want to fire this baby up but I have to haul wood to the house next

Mike
BRING ON SPRING !!! No Tornadoes or hail !!!

Good Morning Mike .

Almost day light here and about to fire up . Family and I are going to the flea market early . Good place to pick up all kinks of gasifier items , tools , bolts nuts etc.

http://www.mapquest.com/places/mountain-top-flea-market-attalla-al-4933313

56 degrees now and should reach 75 later today .

BBB
Wayne

Wayne, Don’t rub it in … Sun is shining here but it is ZERO F and windy at 9:30 AM … Have fun shopping … Are the dafodils up yet or did they freeze ?? I was at your place March 10 a few years ago … Rain Rain Rain … Clay is dry … Rest will fill in with ash and goo …

M

Hey Mike
You should move to MO. yesterday it was 56 F, I went trout fishing. to day it’s 14 F with about 3’’ sleet on, you can’t get tired of the weather every morning look out the window see something different . if you don’t like mo. weather hang around a day or two it will change.

Hey Mike good talking with you again yesterday. Drove another 50 miles today looking for something to work with. found a tank but failed to retrieve it when I sunk to my arm pits in the snow. Jim they used to say that about the weather here too but I have not seen that change since November here.

Finally thawing here a bit. Before it warmed up today I pulled my red truck out of the ice with the black truck. I noticed the trailer ball was a bit loose so will tighten that up soon and inspect. Still have a couple of feet of ice on the ground and frost way in the ground so things will thaw slowly and have trouble draining off. I took some pictures but can’t upload here with my wood burning computers.

Hope to get them up next to my site. Mikey’s world … Mike

Mike, it got op to 50 today at the windmill. We took a fine spin on the prairie on woodgas. Everything is still white, but Spring is in the air!!!
Surely coming your way… It is amazing to see dirt at your place. Must be where trucks were parked.
John

Hi John, The dirt by the woodgas trailer is where it’s been plowed all winter. Note the trees that the deer have eaten in the background. They have been bold this year and eat anything green. I had one at my front door yesterday along with a dozen in the back yard. The bare spots in the driveway were under the trucks. I don’t park trucks under the maple tree as it could come down in any good wind storm. It is not visible in the 2 pictures but the woodgas trailer is parked next to it. I’m sure it is in plenty other pictures … Glad you could get out for a ride. I can only do a few things in a day right now but I’m getting more and more done everyday. I can’t wait to get out of winter boots and into normal ones again … Mike

Added the needed pop off valve to the red truck and tightened up the trailer ball. Need to add some iron to the bumper when things dry up but otherwise it is ready to roll again

Hopefully I won’t have to crawl under and hook my pipes back up after slowing down for a RR track or the such (BANG). I’ve been worried about the plastic intake manifold as well … Regards, Mike

Saturday … My maple sap is frozen in the tree jugs. I boiled some down yesterday. Tastes great ! Supposed to be 11 degrees tonight … I took a couple of pictures today. Red truck is ready to roll. Black truck as well. Supposed to snow more today. I’m pretty sick of it

I had no idea I had so many joints that could swell up and hurt. I had to pass on playing violin last night as I could not hold the bow or work my right elbow. Otherwise, life is good. My thanks to whoever uploaded the pop off valve pictures. They may be of use to someone. I had no room for tennis balls :o) … The spring loaded cover has a leather seal (old boot) and there is a 1-3/8" circular hole in the elbow. Guess I’ll find out next long trip. brrrrrrrr today but you all stay well…
Mike