Mike LaRosa .. Linden Wisconsin

Been a busy Sunday, The day God has made for us to rest. I walked around the village non-stop for the first time this morning since my heart stopped (in my sleep) last July and starved my legs for blood and oxygen. I’m about 60% but it feels great. I got my new gasifier out of the trailer today and burned the paint off of it. Love the smell of that tar,burning paint, and wood vinegar. By the time I was done it was making really clean gas but that flare is hard to take pictures of at high noon. At any rate, here is a picture of the burn pattern on the base. It is ready for a shroud now.

Hopefully one of you guys will upload the picture here ???
Thanks, Mike

Mike
Glad to hear your doing a little better. Can’t wait to see your newest one at Argos.
Marvin

Thanks for uploading the picture Marvin. Did we meet last year ? I’m horrible with names. The truck and trailer I have parked ahead of the gasifier is what I plan to bring. I drove it there last year. It is real cozy to sleep in and runs well … The new gasifier I plan to mount on my older trailer. All that stuff is still frozen in place. The shroud is in the works but I need to build a cyclone which is quite a project for me … My business is picking up so I will have to concentrate on that … Regards, Mike

Wow Mike. Most of your snow is gone. We still have a foot of snow on the ground. Glad you were able to get to burn the paint today. I tried calling you yesterday. I’ll try again tomorrow when I have time.

Yea I was there, Sat with you for a while and watched when you flared the trailer. Really enjoyed you, Wayne, Chris and everybody playing. I can’t even play the radio right. Our surveying didn’t even slow down enough to notice this year. Hard to get anything done at home.

Marvin, That mandatory flare thing. I usually don’t mess with that stuff. The lid won’t seal on the new one so I won’t have much char left tomorrow as it is real windy and blowing under the lid. I ran 2 sacks through it. We didn’t go above freezing here today … Oh well … It smells good now though but I will need to make a new (airtight) lid … Robin is also a surveyor but was there 2 years ago. He is up in Maine. The land of colonial land grants and all that crap. brrrrrrrr hard to type. Is 45 degrees inside here … Mike

Mines not set up to flare either. I did get the transmission back in yesterday and got to go for a trip. Good to smell it again. SWEM

How are you sizing the cyclone, Mike? Any particular formulas you use or build with what’s on hand?

Thanks
Marvin

Hey Mike,
These are the torsion axles I was talking about yesterday

Hi Bill, NOW I know what you were talking about. What weight are they rated at for full deflection and do they have (soft) stops ?? Good luck aligning them for 70 mph highway travel. I suppose you are supposed to use a good I beam / U channel and then trust the chinese jig work and welding … :o) … Nice day here today. I bagged up 2 sacks from what I cut yesterday and put taps in 2 more trees … drip drip drip drip … mmmmm good … Mike

Hey Mike,
They’re rated for 500 pounds for the pair which should be more than adequate. Basically I will be using these to pull the gasifier around the yard. By using these, I can make the trailer whatever width I need.
I really wish I had some Maple trees in my yard. I was going to plant some last fall but ran out of time. Maybe this summer. I need to replace the Oak trees that I had to cut down.

I have dozens of 1946 maple trees that my Dad planted at the time in my now yard. They grow fast and strong but lay out a lot of seed. (Sugar Maple)

TGIF, I thank whoever sent me the bumper sticker. This site has grown so huge I miss 90% of it. The sticker is on my filter and I put a stainless screen in my gas pipe to keep large crud out. It seems I suck a leaf in there every time I hook up … Here is a conglom pic …
http://www.intergate.com/~mlarosa/images/woodgas/blood-04-11-14.jpg
hopefully someone can upload it here because I can’t with my wood burning computers …
TGIF & Thanks, Mike

Mike, I must cruise over to Wisconsin this summer. To thank you for all your inspiration.
John

I just thought it would look good behind the truck on your trailer Mike. Thanks for letting me visit last week.

BillS

Almost have enough wood to get there …
http://www.intergate.com/~mlarosa/images/woodgas/Warren-to-Rockford.jpg
I wonder what the storms this week will drop on my place …

That sure don’t look like Waynes wood pile Mike, you better get busy

I have things ready for the Argos trip. Could someone upload this picture to this site ??? I can’t with my woodburning computer. Thanks. I have to work my behind off the next two weeks so won’t have too much time to play or be on the internet.

SWEM … Mike

Looks like you need more wood in that trailer Mike

Thanks for uploading the picture Don, I put my wood in the “camper” on the truck … Keeps it dry and I can cover it to not get hassled for transporting wood more than 50 miles from home and also across state lines … Part of the deal … Any sacks I put on the trailer are in milk replacement bags. Wayne drove up here in 2007 with all of his in deer feed bags. ouch … Against the law to feed deer here with CWD … Now he drives with his wood in fertilizer sacks … double ouch … Cross the GW bridge with that :o) … I think I still live in a free country, last I remembered ??? M

Mike ,

Hope you enjoyed the trip over to Milwaukee. It is a nice drive from your place and back.