Mother Earth News Fair | Belton TX | Feb 20-21, 2016

That’s fine, just send them to the website.

1 Like

Good morning to all the DOW folks in Belton . Sure wish we were there with you . Please take plenty pics and videos .

Wayne :blush:

6 Likes

Carl took me for a ride in his Dakota, I’ll never be the same.

Just wish the food lines were shorter, it’s the only reason I’m on my phone :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Well, we did it! Richard Craig, Carl Zinn, Martin Payne & Ray Menke set up on the outside sidewalk almost in front of the main exhibit hall. Carl and Richard gave demo rides in the trucks, and Martin/Ray/Donna zipped up and down the street on the charcoal powered Honda. Wesley and Cobra as newest premium members got demo rides and had smiles from ear-to-ear, and ready to start converting the Dodge truck Wesley purchased Friday evening. There was lots of interest in charcoal and charcoal-making stoves. Hand-outs featuring Driveonwood.com were given to enthusiastic Fair attendees. Here are some photos.

9 Likes

Good morning Ray.

Thank you very much sire for the pictures .

Looks like you guys were the highlight of the show :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the great pictures! I’m pretty bummed that I wasn’t able to get away. The girls out voted me :disappointed:

1 Like

More photos taken by our friend and neighbor, Mr. Willie McKemie: https://plus.google.com/102434734002949174273/posts/eaHgoDaHi39
Thank you Willie.

2 Likes

Great pictures guys, I’m not much of a photographer, here goes.
500# of wood for 405 miles, 7.8 gal petrol for hybrid driving…(53 mpg) Terrific head wind most all the way.

4 Likes

Thanks Carl ,

Great pics !

lots of nice pics guys and I saw a woodmizer there I would have to park close to them and grab there scraps just to get home. :grinning:

2 Likes

It was a blast. Lot of fun with Carl, Richard, Ray and Donna! As you can see from the previous pictures, Donna Menke may be the first woman to ride a charcoal-powered motorcycle - at least in the USA!

In the past I have warmed up the Motofier on gasoline, then switched to woodgas. However, I left a little gasoline in the tank, if not the carb, for a long while. Gummed up the petcock on the tank, and even after dismantling it I couldn’t get it to “pass gas”. So, in order to save face in case it wouldn’t start, I waited until not many folks were around to attempt to fire it up for the first time, directly on charcoal gas. This motor is cold-natured when I start it on gasoline. Well, after 4 kicks it started right up, and ran like a banshee! Oh ye of little faith. Sayonara gasoline, for this bike!

One more picture;

8 Likes

P.S. Two of the “curiosities” of the truck that produced a chuckle from viewers were:
“Tennis ball” valves
20 penny spike “universal mounting brackets”
Pure innovation is always a hit in this crowd.

2 Likes

Glad all of you were outside and could demonstrate. Doug and I were inside so no flaring or charcoal making. I think we would have pleased more people if we could have done more than talk about it

2 Likes