Motorcultivator with chargas

22 Likes

today first run with the gasifier of the “red bear” mower…
the new gasifier for this engine will get a water cooled nozzle like gohin poulencs design…
in the moment on half way -or less- of finishing…
the motorcultivator likes not more to start on gasoline because of carburettor defect- i think the swimmer valve gasket not closes more well…so we not make stinky hands more with gasoline and, finished the basement, we tried with the gasifier…first strike with the starting wrop, and the motor runs…very pleasant…
ciao giorgio

19 Likes

Giorgio, this looks great, professional work, if we take into account that you make everything cheaply disconnected from the mains, it’s fascinating, …hats to the ground. :+1::clap:

14 Likes

Indeed, Giorgio is an artist.

14 Likes

gasifier basement

side valves - ricardo flathead

550 ccm motor from 1963

we screwed a bit around and -oops - all the gear comes out!!

7 Likes

NEW gasifier…

gasket grove rings…distancing before welding

clean-out port and moveable grate…and hole for water-cooled nozzle

the hopper was a old honey container…i thought i could it use how it was, but the honey acids have had destroyed some old weldings , hidden under a ring, near the bottom…

9 Likes

There is nothing wrong with inspecting the entrails and cleaning the inside, so you can see what condition it is in. Well, on the engine, check the piston rings, when you insert the ring into the cylinder, it should not have more clearance than 0.5 mm, sand the valve seats with sanding paste. It looks nice otherwise.

6 Likes