Motorcycle which could be with a Koen gasifier

4 Likes

Ooh! I WANT That bike!
I remember seeing a similar unit in one of my vintage populare wcience magazines. Perhaps it was the original prototype?

4 Likes

With only a 7hp engine, I think it would be very under powered on wood, or char.

4 Likes

My brother in law has one that he takes out to Wyoming /Colorado for elk hunting. TomC

4 Likes

Al,
a proverb in French, says, impossible is not French,
but also I think, impossible is not American,
with a higher compression ratio, ignition setting, for the syngas, and having an engine with 100cm3 more, charcoal Koen gasifier method, with the simplicity of this two roux, I am optimistic that it is achievable, imagine, that you travel the Rocky Mountains from north to south with the charcoal that you make on your journey, you are completely autonomous …

5 Likes
5 Likes

I have seen decades generations of Ronkon Trailbreaker’s in real life.
These have a divorced three speed forwards only transmission.
Factory they originally came with a Rotex 2-cycle engine.
Yes, now with a smallish Kohler 4 cycle engine.
My point is you could re-engine one with near any damn thing you could stuff into the frame rails.
Up yourself to a 400-500cc counter shaft balanced engine.
S.U.

6 Likes

that reminds me of those honda atc 3 wheelers converted to a motorcycle with massive tires, now find a used utility vtwin between 15 and 35 hp and squeeze that in the frame and you have a heck of a lot of power being those handlebars, on wood gas Im assuming it would still be a good amount of power for something like that, although the added weight from the vtwin and the gasifier may impact it more.

5 Likes