Multiple Reactors

I faced similar problems with atempting to gasify my Seat Arosa. The gasifier had to be low, but culd be wide. Thats one of tbe reason l came up with the flute nozzle. What l want to say is with the flute nozzle you do just that, have as many gasifiers as you do holes on the nozzle pipe. In one system. Culd you do the same?

5 Likes

I’m not sure it would be that exciting but it does paint an interesting picture.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, kristijan allready built that feature into one unit, Thanks for posting your designs kristijan , i did read that unit design.

2 Likes

Kristijan, would you please tell me what thread your design is on. I’m really interested in checking it out.

my over the roof s10 gasifier was a little bit above the roof line at 50" tall 55 gallon barrel, and it was notched too clear the drive shaft and lower the unit too the roof line, and still have 40 mile before refill on light weight pine. 48" is a little too tall unless putting in a big truck maybe. keeping the build low profile is the best option, and it keeps the wind drag down good.

3 Likes

Here you go. For some reason l cant find pictures of the flute nozzle pipe… l think they might be on a nother topic.

2 Likes

It starts at post 52 Kristijan is showing his new design flute multihole design.
Bob

2 Likes

I saw your photo’s from home recently and there appears to be no snow in the mountains of Slovenia.
Let me tell you comrade its snowing here and its nearly a meter deep in places!!!
If this keeps up I will not need a bike or car that uses wood gas but a bloody snowmobile that runs on wood.
Really this is a very far fetched idea, but I wanted to say it out loud…
Record smashing snow!!!

3 Likes

Thanks Kristijan and Bob for the link to Kristijan’s Flute design. Yup it looks like a GREAT option for the bike build.
Kevin, yeah 48" would be really high for a bike. I would like to keep the reactors around 24" if possible. One on each side for balance.

1 Like

J.P., How about reactor on one side and filter plus spare fuel storage on the other side. A charcoal gasifier doesn’t need to be real heavy, I think it would balance OK.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea Mike. I just don’t think I’ll get much range out of on gassifier. Gona have to do some testing for sure.

1 Like

Just think of the gasifier as a person riding with you on the back of your bike.
Bob

2 Likes

I am with Mike here. Whats the engine disolacement, power and usual driving rpm?

Wallace, we have been blessed/cursed with allmost summer temp weather.

3 Likes

Kristijan,
This is what I picked up off the Harley Davidson web site

Type of Engine
The 1,450 cc is equivalent to an 88 cubic inch block, and is is a twin-camshaft engine. It pushes 80 horsepower at 5,200 rpm. The torque of this engine is 82 ft-lb at 3,500 rpm

Bob, Prayers sent up for a speedy recovery from your injury. I hope it’s not too serious.

2 Likes

Not many charcoal powered motorcycles out there wich l think is a real shame! If you are serious about this, l am first in line willing to help you on the project. I love the concept :slight_smile: l have had a 50cc moped on chargas and l just loved it.
I have a feeling Harley engine might be a wery good candidate for chargas.

As much as l love the updraft gasifier for its simplicity, years of testing out different designs lead me to the design l currently use, a downdraft hybrid of the old WW2 style gasifiers and the WK gasifier. It gave me best performance of all with a minimal size package. It is more complex thugh.

Anyway, if l wuld be building, l wuld make something like this:

This is looking from behind. With this setup you are looking at a range of about 60 miles with one hopper filling + reserve char. Thats a rough guess with 12x12x25" hopper.

8 Likes

Wow Kristijan, your drawing looks like a person sitting on the back seat of a motorcycle.
Bob

1 Like

Hi,
there was already a thread about a motorcycle with gasifier. I found some pictures from the past with quite compact cross-draft gasifiers.

Well, these bikes had between 350 cc and 500 cc, so your Harley-gasifier needs to be larger as in Krisitjan’s sketch.

4 Likes

Thank you JP. I’m still not able to lift a bag of wood to put into my hopper. God is good. It is healing up slowly, it will be healed Lord willing by the time to go to Argos IN. In the end of May.
Bob

4 Likes

Bob, l somehow missed it, what happened to you?

Til, the downdraft system realy is space economical. I still cant comprehand how a 8x8x8" size firetube gasifier can power a 2.3l 132hp engine. Charcoal is just amazing.

4 Likes

Kristijan, I’m all for a charcoal powered Harley. I have a ton of research to do and materials to gather up befor i build it.

I’m so new to this that I have to spend more time looking up statements made by you guys than actually reading the threads.lol.

2 Likes