My 95 f150 project

I built mine short to haul a light gooseneck trailer. Still don’t have the plate in yet.

Marvin

Thanks for the input Marvin on the 300 6cyl.
Just curious on your cooling rails, Is there a way to access the vertical pipes on your cooling rack for cleaning on the top side?

The top of the vertical pipes were welded below the top pipe. I can stick a garden hose in the top pipe and it flushes the vertical ones. No problem with plugging since everything falls into the bottom pipe and I can wash it out from there.

Marvin

Someone who built a FEMA gasifier on YouTube mentioned an idea of building the cooling rack as the tailgate. Anyone have any thoughts?

I was thinking of turning my F150 into a flatbed and a cooling rack being the sides because our vehicles rust out so bad here. My thoughts on the tail gate was also going to be tubes just to look the same. It would be able to drop down to use it like a ladder. I suppose with some flexible tubing to supply it with gas would work. I’m going to guess the side rails would be enough to cool the gas down.

I was thinking something similar like I said before. You can probably make a really nice wood flatbed with pipe rails. Obviously if you’re really using the truck the wood won’t stay nice long though haha

Would doing a tailgate only radiator be enough for the gasifier?

Right on Brandon! My son is stationed in San Diego. (U.S.S. Essex I think)

That’s my ship actually. You’re son isn’t an undesignated fireman working in hazmat is he? Haha