My Personal Small Wooden Collider

Everyone who solves the problem of renewable energy sources, as well as cleaning nature from pollution, is a real scientist. And a real scientist must have some kind of accelerator of some particles. :wink: Here I am, for my experiments I decided to weld a collapsible experimental gas generator.

The goals that I plan to achieve on it:

1. Test an electrostatic precipitator with dimensions of 20 liters for gas purification with a flow rate of 100 cubic meters per hour. It should work out. :slight_smile:

2. To force the gasification chamber, that is, to obtain 100 cubic meters of gas per hour with the dimensions of the gasification chamber according to the second line of the Imbert table.

3. Debug the automatic control of the temperature of the reaction zone of the gas generator by supplying condensate in the intake air.

4. Debug an external monorator.

5. Check the screw feed of fuel from the tank.

6. Check the air cooling of the throat and grate.

7. Debug the supercharging of the gas generator from the electric turbine.

These are our goats for which you need to mow hay.

This is a machine to which you can attach a mower or hay baler.

This is an experimental gas generator for a car with an engine capacity of 2.4 liters and a power of 100 hp. Upper side branch pipe for wet smoke outlet to the moderator for dehumidification.
Bottom side branch pipe - hot and dirty gas outlet.

Disassembled gas generator.
There will be a throat temperature sensor in the lower round cover. Instead of the top cover, a fuel auger pipe will be connected.
The seals in the lids are either asbestos cord with graphite or aluminum foil for baking food.

The plate for the neck and grate is removable. Still have to weld all this to it.

The fuel tank will be secured at an angle. A screw conveyor will emerge from the bottom corner.
There will still be many holes in the side wall of the cylinder for different purposes … :slight_smile:

This is an electric turbine for turbo charging from a washing vacuum cleaner. It has a separate impeller for cooling the electric motor.

To be continued inevitably …
For, as Steve Unruh said well, “If you ain’t burning - you ain’t learning!”

10 Likes

Hello Marat,
Welcome to our small corner of the world. I am jealous because you have land, and goats. Are you a farmer?
Do you know @Joni. He is in Ukraine also, but maybe he is far from you. I don’t know Ukraine, but it looks beautiful in your pictures.
I have made a small beginning. I have learned to make good charcoal using a tlud (Top Lit Up Draft), and I have made a generator run on this charcoal.
Rindert

10 Likes

Hello Rindert.
I am an electronics engineer who wants to become a farmer.
In the future, we will have 50 milking goats and about 100 young goats (Peas are better than tortillas!) for sale and for meat.
We have 4 hectares of our own land, and there is still a lot of free land around us with lush growing grass in ravines, near roads, etc.
Therefore, we need our own machinery, and machinery needs fuel. Preferably free and environmentally friendly.
Yes, I correspond with Joni on one of the Russian-language social networks, in a group dedicated to gas generators. But we, unfortunately, are divided into two parts by the war. And the quarantine further exacerbated the situation with trips to free Ukraine. And close people live there…

Joni thinks that I will not be able to create a compact electrostatic precipitator for such a high gas consumption. But I’m full of ideas how to do it or I have to admit that Joni was right. :slight_smile:

Yes, Ukraine is green and beautiful. And there are even more beautiful places in it!

In the East of Ukraine, there are mainly steppes. And very dry in summer. And a lot of cold and strong winds in winter. But we came here to improve this place. We will have our own piece of the forest and I am already digging a small lake. Its our Maldives for all the centuries to come. For children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And they will improve this place with their ideas and efforts. And when all people want to do so for their descendants, then on Earth there will be paradise gardens everywhere.

10 Likes

I have a few friends in Ukraine, I feel terrible about the war going on there. My prayers are with all of you. At least there is a way to communicate among like minded gas producers!
I am trying to do the same to my family property here in North Carolina. 40 acres mostly trees. I have about 8 acres I can’t do anything with because a neighbor rents it to grow hay for his cattle.

We used to maintain a tree farm for lumber but we let it lapse and now is mostly wild woods. I hope to begin a sustainable coppicing project this winter to harvest wood without clearing sections of my forest entirely.

I can’t wait to see how your project comes along.

5 Likes

Marat,
I also will pray that war does not touch you.
I am a mechanical engineer. While I was in college I started an alternative vehicle club. Really it turned into an electric vehicle club because of a tradition at my school of the SunRayce.
But I think Dimethyl Ether is the fuel of the future. And this can be made from woodgas.
I am in a hurry, so I will close for now.
Rindert

5 Likes

Guys, thank you for your prayers!

6 Likes

I worked with goats all through my youth, and think the ukraine is a wonderful place all the videos I have watched.
8 wish I was able to write code to create a program to automatically regulate my AFR , air feul ratio on my gasifier…

2 Likes

I created my first project using programmable microcontrollers 19 years ago. On the urgent recommendation of an old and very experienced electronics engineer. At that time, he was about 60 years old and had several serious commercial developments based on microcontrollers behind him. From idea and initial layout, to the very last detail, to the last line of code.
From my experience, for the easiest start with microcontrollers you need to learn how to programmatically turn on and off the LED, and poll a regular button (pressed or not pressed).

For this you will need:

1. Arduino Nano (it is easier to make your own device on it in the future). But for better compatibility with many video tutorials, Arduino UNO is better.
  2. Solderless breadboard
  3. Wires
  4. Two buttons
  5. Two or three LEDs with resistors
  6. Installed on your computer free program Arduino IDE
  7. And the desire to learn new things. However, the absence of fear of the new will not hurt you either. In the end, learning new things can set a great example for your children and grandchildren!

Not to mention the fact that the transition from feeling like complete mediocrity to feeling almost like God is a huge pleasure in life.

I will also be faced with the task of regulating the gas-air ratio, but I do not even have a gas generator now, so it will not be soon. In addition, I will also need to make a servo valves for the entire gas generator, electrostatic precipitator, and mixer on the engine.
But you have already found on this forum a topic dedicated to Arduino!

My eldest son and I were taking a course at the Moscow University of Physics and Technology. https://www.coursera.org/learn/arduino

4 Likes