My woodgasifier is a CONVERTER

Think about this a bit . . . .
First my woodgasifier CONVERTS a percentage of my solid wood into water vapor, suspended smoke particles.
Then my woodgasifier CONVERTS these flowing long chains opposite the air nozzles into shorter chained true gaseous molecules. And in that part of it CONVERTS some of the stored solar energy into live HEAT energy.
That woodgasifier created HEAT energy then fully CONVERTS freeing out the carbon charcoal from the base wood. Air nozzles converting a percentage of that into truly boosted alive active HOT glowing wood charcoal.
Then gravity and solid-mass shrinkage ( and with a bit of encouraged flows) delivers some of the HEAT; most of the oxidized mid-gases; and ALL of the HOT char down into the last stage of CONVERSION.
The HEAT energy; and HOT char then CONVERTING the hot mid-gases finally into motor usable fuel gases.
The final results . . .
the solid wood is CONVERTED into gasious ready-to-use motor fuel. CONVERTED into freed-released mineral ash. CONVERTED into remaining other-use liquid condensates, and tars concentrates.

CONVERTS the wood stores solar energy into usable to me fuels energy.
CONVERTS me/you from being always 100% outside sourced Top-Down energy beholding/obligated to a bit DIY energy free.

MY woodgasifier is my CONVERTER.

Gasifier?? Ainā€™t that what the German Naziā€™s killed all of those poor adult and innocent children Jews, Gypsies, then onto homosexual, Catholics and other declared untermensch ā€œundesirable to the Stateā€ folks?

With my last name of Unruh Iā€™ll be calling mine a CONVERTER from hereon.

Steve Pranger-Unruh

10 Likes

I think they used diesel exhaust or at least that was one theory. Diesel does have ā€œdieā€ in the word.

1 Like

I think that most of those that drive on wood fuel are actually using a ā€œCo2 reducing converterā€ instead of a gasifierā€¦

Make the calculation and look it up,ā€¦ The fuel is grown with a Co2 reducing systemā€¦ The waste wood used or end of life cycle wood used, also reduces the amount of Co2 compared with other sourcesā€¦
The last stage in the converter is a reduction zone, where besides reduction from water into Hydrogen, it also reduces Co2 into CO , which is a fuel to reuseā€¦

show me 1 energy source that does the sameā€¦ a source you can DIY all the time, every timeā€¦

You want to replace fossil fuel, gasoline, diesel, LPG and CNG ? Use woodā€¦ yes, nowadays it can replace ALL your fossil fuel needsā€¦

The technology behind the above statement is well proven and feasibleā€¦
Just seek the one answer why not so many people are pursuing thisā€¦ or why its been opposed in so many wayā€™sā€¦ ( no longer opposed over here that is )

7 Likes

First: I like ā€œAir Carbon Fuel Cell.ā€ :wink:

Koen, At the present rate of consumption I doubt that everybody could replace FF with wood, in the USofA. However it might be possible with a life style change, new farming practices that free up more land to be planted with trees, serious forest management and the ability to see that immigrants are a gift that would help (employment) with the new work needed. Ah, only in my dreams!

The weather is now changing so I should start to find time for my Converter. Iā€™ve been thinking of your style ā€œConverterā€ and have been having thoughts on a modification (cross pollination) however I doubt there will be time. I have my fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Hi Jef,
We , the DOerā€™s , are as much students as we are teachers to each otherā€¦

Donā€™t worry about time, time will passā€¦ Just focus on the good things in life, as your DOings will last foreverā€¦

When i look to your work DOne, i find the beauty in the things you have been DOing and i still have to learn some of thoseā€¦

We question things, as we should, otherwise we would not learnā€¦
Willing to learn is not limited to this life onlyā€¦ It is a part of eternityā€¦

So, donā€™t worry, plenty more to come and to learnā€¦

I guess we are all crossing our fingers for youā€¦

9 Likes

Koen,

First; thank you for the kind words!

Second; Even if I accomplished one or two things they were preceded by years of failures, so many failures. I can recall starting a project and half way through it I would realize that this was the wrong path. Complete the project to get the feel of it, end that path in order to start down the next path and repeat the cycle. Honestly I have next to nothing new to offer the art of Converters except the joy of doing the dream.

What I have come to realize is that failure is the art of learning and success can become a log jam.

8 Likes

CO2 Converter, Air-Carbon Fuel Cell, Carbon Converter, Waste Wood Transformer, Biomass Fuel Cell, A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Maybe depends on the audience you are trying to reach, to get them to think before they shut you out and argue. :relaxed: I like ā€œMy Little Mister Fusionā€. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Honestly I think waving the flag and lighting off fire crackers is a waste of my time (in the USofA). Secrets can spread faster than big fancy talk.

5 Likes

Hi All
Again getting very difficult to respond anymore. Someone has corrupted the single area IP/server to not service SteveUnruh anymore.
Have to 3 gallons gasoline travel far enough away, and back, to get into the higher populated Urban core area with too many servers to point-of-use corrupt.

Terminology MEANS things for sure.
Can guide, explain, define, corrupt, obscure and more.
Untermench; mench; Ubermench. Sub-human; human(common); superior-human.
12 years ago when I re-awakened to woodgasification for engines, one of the difficult then in-use terms was tweyres.
This was a French specific technical name for air-jets into furnace conditions. Was what was used in most all of the 1900ā€™s and on gasification books and publications.
Not to say bad about the French language (modern english has many borrowed French words) tweyre was very non-descriptive for us ā€œmodernsā€ in any language. Down-right a need-to-know secret club handshake. Not in any paper; or, on-line dictionaries.
Thankfully we now use air-jets; or air nozzles.

I too like much Jeffā€™s Air-Carbon Fuel Cell.
Unfortunately just like the very precise descriptive 1930ā€™s/40ā€™s German gasifier classifications of Air-Starved-Gasmaking-Hearth/Stove; and other of their three and four word precise sub-variants; a multi word solution will always devolve to being acronym-ized. ACFC
Then needing a terminologist to expand it back out.
Think not! Explain: Stratified gasification!

I tease-toy with ā€œCarbonsā€ hats and shirts. An in-your-face to the Hydrogen-will-save-us-all folks. A lie as soon as you apply the for-ALL test.
And an in-your-face to the media-culture bought-in now world of carbons haters. Save the planet with hate?! They are not logical, reasonable, capable of reasoning with. True-Believers of latest Spin. So I poke them emotional.

And to me Mr Fusion was a Urban wasteā€™s for-all pie-in-the-sky you will not have to lifestyle change, ā€œLeave your Urban lifestyle problems to the Brainiacsā€ A cartoonish Jetsons lie.
Heck! Donā€™t produce less Urban wastes! We will need even more of those as make-more-Blue-Sky-Fuel-for-your-consuming-pleasures Mr Fusion inputs. Donā€™t Reduce and Conserve. Consumer produce more.

Woodgasifier says it well for my personal ethics actually.
The two most honest forums has been the Drive On Wood and the now defunct Holtz Macht Gaz in-German-language one. They both have/had wood as in their title names, and as their base core focusā€™s.

Sigh. As much as Iā€™d like CONVERTER I fear It would become tweyre.
The term CONVERTER does play well with the whole results most of us on the DOW are trying to achieve though.
Regards
Steve unruh

6 Likes

I have been looking at cheap mobile hotspots that use cell towers. Maybe that would work for you. you would have to check coverage carefully, for my location, I would have to use Verizon towers (Maybe get a Straight Talk brand device). Maybe $50.00 per month or less? depending on how much data you need. I am paying almost that much for slow DSL. It is unlimited data, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes MikeR different options possible, alright.
Depends on what is possible to each of us, locally.

I do have a Verizon service pocket cell phone. $40.05 now a month with all of the local and state add-on cost.
But a few-buttons flip phone. For a reason. Smart-phones can&do massive amounts of personal data storing and tracking. Especially in their enhansed picturing capabilities. ā€œBeware of GEEKs bearing gifts. They give-you-easy for their own advantagesā€

I wait for the Liberay service to get hooked up to the recently ran into town private fiber-optic service. This come down from the north and will be on a different IP area server.

I can hire a local ChrisSeanz type to work me up a work around. (Ha! Did this. How I am online now).
Weā€™ll see how long this lasts.
Depends on just how determined the hate-SteveUā€™er really is.
S.U.

8 Likes

I can not imagine anybody hating SteveU. Good luck Mr. SteveU !

8 Likes

Hi Jef,
1:" he who does not experience failure will not learnā€¦ "
2: i did learn a lotā€¦

It is not to learn that you can build it, but to experience why it worksā€¦ or to learn why it wonā€™tā€¦

if i look back to the pile of mistakes made in lifeā€¦ i still wonder; how did i get here ??
Then i take a closer look and see people leading by example, showing me that it can be doneā€¦ One of these people is you Jeffā€¦ You are awesome in showing that things can be done, thank you for that.
Maybe you donā€™t show your mistakes, but that is ok, so i can learn from making those by my self :grin:

10 Likes

Like they say:
ā€œGood judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgementā€

10 Likes

Hey JeffD, I suppose my use of SteveU-haters was a bit strong. But . . . shut-up-SteveUā€™ers is/has been real. Many . . . too many much more PC adept New-Age Left Coasters been systems slamming me for popping their free-information&free-energy idealist balloons for a long time now.
Same 'ol. Same ā€˜ol. Kinndaā€™ like be pestered with poperatsi. A compliment? Not.

Back to woodgasing realities.
One of three turned in old books I bought and now am reading is Motor Vehicles by Frazer and Jones published in 1919. These were two then recent Artillery Coast Transportation Training Officers just fresh from the last closed out Great War. Motor vehicle transportation was new, new to most so they had to train from the ground up in all aspects for operators and repairmen.
Analogizt to PC computers users training in the mid/late 1980ā€™s. Ha! You young guys grew up with this stuff! Us a bit olders have had to layer it on over all of our old paints experiences.
Anyhow; an excellent, excellent practical all phases how-to book. Across the full range of engines and vehicles manufacturers of that time.
Chapter VII Fuels covers gasolineā€™s in three grades: keroseneā€™s in three grades (diesel named as a fuel not yet adopted), and alcohol in two types as neat used, and in blends.
A USofA specific information. They compare heat distilled out yields fractions and base remains of Pennsylvania/Ohio crude stocks versus Oklahoma/Texas crude stocks.
Here is the go-back revelation. They were only heat fractional crude ā€œRefineryā€ separating. Only beginning to force bias results some with early batch versus continuous process processing.
Tetra-Ethel lead adding upgrading was nearly 10 years down the timeline. True hydrogenating reforming upgrading was not done until the nearly 20 years down the timeline.

Woodgasing mistake. Thinking of this as merely a heat destructive distillation process. Cooking the wood and using the driven off products.
Nope. A true woodgasifier IS a hydrogen and carbons reforming multi-step process using the hot woodchar as a process potentualizer (canā€™t say catalyst as the wood char is consumed up greatly contributing to the usable motor fuels reformation yield).
Ha! And woodgasifiers had been doing this fuels upgrading reformation from at least as early as the mid-1870ā€™s.
So . . . did the petroleum guys realize this? Emulate this? Or molecule, by molecule; catalyst by catalyst from the ground up re-invent this CONVERSION? Patents says they claimed the fame.

Interesting, eh.
Steve unruh

10 Likes

Got it. It is my and their civic duty to allow you to voice your opinion. Especially if we do not agree. I know you are blunt but never out of order.

Interesting, Iā€™m reading ā€œEndless Tracks in the woods.ā€ It is about old time logging starting with horses.

Maybe a little of both. I think even the gasser people think I am nuts when I say that ā€œwoodgas is the idea motor fuelā€, sighā€¦

9 Likes

Blunt? Me? Now I think of myself as realistic, pragmatic. The eyes of a very good Nurologist about ten years ago said sorry. Get done what you need as quickly as possible. New Ageā€™ers can think in terms of journeys-to-forever, better and better tomarrows. JeffD you and I know this ainā€™t possible. We only know we have todayā€™s. A tomorrows maybe. Maybe not.

Ha! Ha! Most just call me too wordy, long winded.
Sometimes. Yeah. Hey.
Most woodgasing fun Iā€™ve had was insisting being the Silent-One ā€œTellerā€ to BenPā€™s ā€œPennā€.

What I do like about actual woodgas USING is you must be very practical and pragmatic.

2nd old found book I am studing is the May 1974 published Mother Earth News Handbook of Homemade POWER.
The 1st post WWII in US oil embargo shock began in October 1973.
No woodgas for engines awareness by John and Jane Shuttleworth and the other early MENā€™s folks in this book.
That occurred 2-3 years later with a MENS magazine article about an Ohio? Illinois? couple who had woodgassed their firewood harvesting pickup truck. Was an in the bed Imbert/Nordic copy system.
Why JohnS and others at MENā€™s decided to copy a Baltic seas below deck marine system is beyond me. Too complex hard to build.
Ha! Even actually living though a time frame sometimes does not give logical answers to the-why? why-not-instead? of some developments.

The 1919 Motor Vehicles book has 2/3rd early venturi restiction sucking fuel misculizing carburetors. (most all a bit too complex versus the later simplified made-better evolved ones). And 1/3 fuels mixers still heat and air-flow actual vaporizing carburetors. Ok/needed for lighter fractions of keroseneā€™s in spark ignition engines. Vaporizing is wickedly dangerous and range-use limiting for gasolineā€™s!
60 years later after the 2nd US oil-shock the 100 mile-per-gallon gasoline vaporizing mixer experimenters learn the hard way that warm/hot vaporized gasoline is super unstable; with unpredictable spontaneous flame fronts.
Live and learn.
Donā€™t learn to study: and re-discover the whys-not the hard ways.

Regards
Steve unruh

5 Likes

I agree but we still plan for tomorrow, in some way, by building converts and buying generators. Forget trying to change the direction of the masses. The only thing that will accomplish that is a massive planet wide restā€¦ Oddly, brought on by the masses them self.

The MEN converter was a double edge sword. They were about the only source of information for me. Of course ā€œthe mind works but to complicate.ā€ And I give them five stars there! The dish soap may have save my engine from a tarry situation.

2 Likes

GLAD to see you here Steveā€¦you are still my woodgas idleā€¦
Tom Lambert here in northern ALBERTAā€¦
CHEERSā€¦

6 Likes

I still have every MEN magazine I got. Theyā€™re priceless, say what
they want about the ā€œhippieā€ era. I say, "hippie, hippie hooray!!!
Pepe

4 Likes