N2 free wood gas

Hi all. Just stumbled a interesting link of scrubbing CO http://www.journal.csj.jp/doi/pdf/10.1246/bcsj.57.166

Looks like not wery complicated or toxic way for home user. Sadly, that it is not suitable for transportation. According to my math 1 litre hold up to 2.2 mol of co or 60 grams or 15 gram in gasoline equivalent. Would be it at lest three times higher - no need to carry gasifier at all for 100 km distances.

2 Likes

Has anybode tried to compress wood gaa ?

http://www.driveonwood.com/library/faq/#compressed

Hi, Stanislav!

Even if this system would provide the CO for a while, the H and CH4, etc, are lacking. The N is halved, but lacking H is more important for flamefront velocity.

Prefering woodsacks and generator system on board over liquid bottles; the gas has to be produced anyway… somewhere.

On travel one takes new sacks on board, and the travel continues, with the H + CH4 included.

And this will reduce max rpm of power band ? It is ok and easy add some gasoline to help speed up flame. But is much better than using twise as much ballast nitrogen in burning.

I think this is a great process and thanks for shareing!

Unpractical for engine use, but great for gas stotage for lets say a stove or a gas powered light. And my summer kitchen is saying “yes, build this in me!”

1l of solution can hold up to 50l of gas. 20l of solution holds in 1000l of gas and thats about a hour and a half of full power coocing capacity. Nice.

2 Likes

That’s true. I could nor figure it for myself.

Also - 100 litres - 1500 gram of gasoline equivalent in btu - enough to run smallish inverter generator of few hours…

Or 200 litre drum for all of the day. Feed from gasifier then you want it, and not so fuzzy as trying to make micro wood gasfier or double producing char…

Also - thre is the so called cosord process, it uses cualcl4 - toluene solution and a little pressure. But i could not find any figures of its capacity or needed pressures.

staskaaa,
Thanks for the tech paper. I am trying to read and understand it. Interesting possibilities! :slight_smile: