New Engine for gasifiers?

Infiniti’s 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder, four cylinder VC-T engine can vary its cylinder compression ratios between 8:1 (allowing high turbo boost for maximum performance) and 14:1 (giving you maximum efficiency when you’re cruising) (Credit: Infiniti) View gallery (3 images)

1 Like

That is a neat engine advance, maybe they will last long, interesting design.

1 Like

This is interesting. Having done major service on Nissan / Infiniti vehicles, they are good engines. I’m looking at using their 2.5 Altima motor, the QR25DE. 182 hp @ 6,000 rpm. 180 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm, yet is efficient These engines are abundant.

On the other hand, avoid the Nisan CVT transmissions at all costs!

1 Like

Thats the way i look at it too, are the motors one of the more durable models, and trasmission priceing. Caint wait too see some scailed way down WK mini cars running on dry wood. The high conpreason motor above would be neat too have, 20 more years is too late for me too aford a new design motor, if its any good.

1 Like

Wow you better make sure you change your oil in that motor! That looks really complex for what it would gain. I keep wondering why they don’t follow the design of trains and heavy earth movers. Put electric motors in each wheel and a motor genorator which runs at the cars avg power with a small battery pack to hand acceleration and hill climbing peak loads. I wouldn’t think it would be that heavy really and you get 4 wheel independent traction control for free. Seems like a much simpler hybrid car design then the electric gas motor combo system they are building now.

1 Like

That may be exactly why for profit corporations aren’t getting on that.