New project! Normans next gassifier truck

Partly why a lot of us are even here, just staying out of trouble.
Rindert

2 Likes

Been there and done that, had 2-1/2 DUI by time i was 21 i lost my driving privilege, too two different lawers and two different judgments too get it back two years later, Its a lot harder now than it was back in 1981 when i got mine back. Well yes many other troubles people end up into while under the influince of alcohaul. I had it in the famley,but it dident sink in till i learned the hard way that i needed too quit drinking or never drive while under the influince, witch is any beer more than a beer an hour, back then, So i stayed on a bycicle for about 25 years when drinking time rolled around after work.too get too a store, or stop by the bar / bars.

3 Likes

I think the truck has taken the oath. It will only run on gasoline or WG.

3 Likes

Hi Andy,
Yes welcome to the DOW.

On your early model Victory gasworks system be best if you set up a topic on say the Small Engines category then with pictures.
Some one of us could then ID it for you and give range of usages.
Be too distracting here in the middle of Marcus’s project thread.
If it ran small engines O.K. then roughly 3x, 4x for a safe larger engine loading.

Can we call you AndyW? More than a few Andy’s here. Like Steve’s, Bob’s and Jim’s, Chris’s and Wayne’s!
Regards
Steve unruh

4 Likes

Hi andy WELCOME too Drive on wood. yes the book is nice too have for reference while building, allso the vidios of the wayne keith gasifier system, are on the premium side of the web site, show wayne keith building and welding vidios allso. And his vidios i had learned the best / easyest,watching the build vidios.

3 Likes
15 Likes

How do you know for sure that this frame and the other truck frame are the same? And they have not gotten a little out of square because of use off road, hauling heavy loads, ect…?
Bob

2 Likes

Dodge used the same bed dimensions though all the second gen trucks and I cross referenced every flatbed manufacturer I could and all beds 94-2001 are identical dimension and bolting if it’s a little off from road stress/ chassis flex I’ll make it fit, I’m to hard headed to let it beat me :joy:

9 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

Hey Marcus,
You’ve lost weight? Summer melting off?
Use a flat copper washer to make that bolt head gastight. Drain plug washer. Bango fitting washer. Or open stock from a good supplier.
Regards
Steve unruh

4 Likes

Iv been digging through the parts room looking for a drain plug rubber or copper gasket for a hot minute now :joy: I might have lost a little, definitely been sweating like crazy for a week straight now in this heat wave we got going on. 75 right now, that’s workable I hope it stays that way after work so I can get the bed back on and start measuring out for the rear condensate tank. Got a lot of chunks at home drying the one thing this weather is real good for!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been cold, cold icing down my coffees and teas feeding my daily caffeine habit.
Aluminum washer off of AC systems would work good too. Not really woodgas flow exposed.
S.U.

4 Likes

Man, an iced coffee sounds like an absolute TREAT right now!

3 Likes

One thing harbor freight is great for… They have kits of copper washers of vary sizes for like 6 bucks and kits of rubber or fiber gaskets forn3 or 4 bucks

6 Likes

hmmm my local store i have never seen these… ill have to go have a gander see if i can find them since the biggest gaskets i have in the shop are half inch and i cant find my copper sheetmetal for some reason…

2 Likes

Marcus . If you keep working at your pace and skill you will be in high cotton very soon :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

It’s a struggle having time, I get in a rythm and cruise then I hit a wall, usually with a missing component. I don’t have the right rear tank so next I’m jumping into the hopper now I know how big it will be, 32" tall. I gained a LOT of hopper capacity but dropping the barrel that low!

7 Likes

With that bigger hopper, you might need double spings hopper lid too make sure ir stays on, on a empty flash burp ,or have a hinge lid with spring.Other than that you probley all ready considered , I get tired just watching the building speed you and allso Cody Have going on.

4 Likes

OK Marcus. I was going to let it slide but then I rewatched your video. Confucius say, A magnet is not a hammer and you don’t take a knife to a gun fight. :stuck_out_tongue: :innocent:

5 Likes