Nozzles for Charcoal gasifier's

Ha thats funny. I dont know the correct term in english, since english doesent use this, but not so long ago (and manny do still) people “duzed” eaven their parrents. In fact my generation is the first that doesent.
I guess this is to pay respect to them. Kind of wieard but nice.

Edit: you dont have a word for please? Realy?

1 Like

True, and our native Saami don’t have a word for war but hundreds for snow :smile:

3 Likes

“the diameter of the reactor should be value = 70-90 mm.”
Now that we have more people working on translation can someone help me understand the benefit of a narrow reactor:
Does this dimension (70-90 mm) apply only to <10 HP?
Is there an ideal ratio of diameter to height for the reaction zone?

Possible benefits of wider tuyere/nozzle and narrow reaction zone?:
Disperse primary combustion air=lower air velocity=less catastrophic oxidation (corrosion) of nozzle?
Narrow reactor maintains reaction temperature under low load?
Provides complete reaction even with lower superficial velocity of air?
Gives taller/longer reduction zone?
Allows use of grate for ash and clinker removal.
Cooler outer wall of vessel.

Concern:
Fuel size is critical to prevent bridging in narrow reactor?

You ask too many questions, would answer to the FSB of the Russian Federation. I answer: yes, there is a dependence of the reactor size of the gas generator, direct. The calculation is performed with respect to the load power and the correct air and gas velocity in the reactor tubes. We must remember about the right pieces of charcoal for direct gas generator. They should be 20 - 40 mm. In the evening, I’ll give payment and now to work. Good morning, I’m sorry!
I recommend tungsten carbide and alumina love most of all firewood and coal.

Вы задаете слишком много вопросов, ответили бы в ФСБ РФ. Отвечаю я: да, есть зависимость размера реактора Газового генератора, прямого. Расчет ведется относительно мощности нагрузки и правильной скорости воздуха и газа в реакторе и трубах. Надо помнить и про правильные куски древесного угля для прямого газового генератора. Они должны быть 20 - 40 мм. Вечером выдам расчет, а сейчас на работу. Доброе утро, простите!
Рекомендую карбид вольфрама и оксид алюминия любить больше всех дров и угля.

2 Likes

I agree with the tungsten and alumina , both material I have used with great results for nozzle’s .
Dave

1 Like

No task disperse air in the reactor so quickly that he could carry CO and H2 from the reactor core. Problem to disperse the air to obtain the temperature in the reactor, which can withstand the nozzle. It should be 900 - 1300 C. It can be more, but then it is necessary to increase the number of nozzles, reducing the diameter of the nozzle. Now we must reduce the diameter of the reactor to provide> 900 C throughout the reactor. When using a single nozzle, we have strong blow torch and do long to increase the area of ​​red-hot coal, respectively, the internal combustion engine power. This leads to the killing of the nozzle. When one nozzle, the diameter of the reactor is not important, and the thinner the nozzle, the better, but lose overall efficiency of the gas generator. We have to do the fine coal. This increases the resistance to the gas generator. I do not like this approach and my ancestors.
Reducing the diameter of the reactor to the desired temperature, we increase the efficiency of the gasifier, while blowing speed below. Reasonable but not below 900-1300 C throughout the reactor cross section. The minimum velocity in the reactor of 0.6 m / sec. The maximum speed in the reactor was 3.5 m / s, when the coal is rotten. In this range, the level of CO and CO2 is not changed. CO => 30%. CO2 <5%. Making the temperature no longer makes sense, if you do not adjust its limit supply of H2O. This increases the efficiency of the gas generator, but it is necessary to clearly monitor the temperature in the reactor. The reactor in hell, the whole diameter. Sleep is impossible. Use negative feedback on the exhaust gas. You will be able to relax, but not enough.
Direct gasifier. The amount of CO and CO2 in the reactor by sucking speed of the engine.

Power hp = 7 (3600 (r / min.) V = 2 (l / sec.)).
The air speed in the nozzle should be = 25 m / sec.
Reactor D = 55 mm.
The volume of the gas generator gas = 0.7. The total amount in the mixer = 8 m.3 / h.
Velocity through the reactor ~ = 0.58 m / sec. (Good).
The walls of the reactor should be warmed. Coal small = (6-20) mm.
The engine develops good power when coal bunker short.
Science can not be fooled and low-power motors working with heavy losses and gas generators inclusive.
The trade-off is inevitable:
Since the reactor is filled with a porous carbon, filling volume depends on the size of coal, then we can safely make the reactor diameter => 70 mm. And can be 80 mm. You can increase the size of the coal (20-40) mm. and adding nozzle.
Formula: without changing the diameter of the reactor is possible to change the size of lumps of coal. Or vice versa. From one another in a linear dependence.
The gas generator is a direct coal gasification has a nozzle or multiple nozzles and a heat focus. He will never be able to match the performance characteristics of the horizontal gas generator. But it is easy, as our galoshes. Low-power motors 0.1-3 kW will work best on horizontal gazgena with two foci of heat. They need a lot of water to 1: 1 gas mixture. They are very small, less than a bucket as my Shoe. From them it is possible to blow up to 50 m / sec. + Nozzle with tungsten on the eyelids or the MiG 29 turbine blades.

4 Likes

Very good.
Practical engineering.
Back when I was insisting on stick-wood fuel form gasifing I found the best done-this-sucessfully in the 1950’s-1970’s Soviet forest and light rail transport systems.
The information links were supplied to me by three men re-creating gasification fueled Combined Heat and Power electrical generators in Romania and the Ukraine.

May I respectfully suggest Aleksandr a more neutral avatar logo?
You will have more acceptance information sharing then.
We here in the American States fought a horrible man-killing, culture-killing, war between our self’s in the past. Took a long time to put aside the losses and hates.
Yugoslavian “empire” break down religious/culture warring proved many could not put aside fears and hates.
Let us be German reunification here.

Washington State Steve Unruh

7 Likes

“Yugoslavian “empire” break down religious/culture warring proved many could not put aside fears and hates.”

My personal opinion is no contry can realy function well and peacefull for longer times with inholting more “equal” minoritys. Borders are for a reason. Its sad but true.
Exept if there is a strong, deeply respected hand above all the sheep (the still deeply respected after 37 years Tito in our case)
I only fear what happend to Yugoslavia might soon happen elsewhere…

2 Likes

Yes I actually agree with this.
The real current cultural war in the world now is those still insisting on ONE-WORLD uniformity.
The advantage that modern Net-Direct communicating gives is more possibly of each to have their own identity and place.
Net-politeness is to respect others place.
S.U.

3 Likes

Steve Unruh, my ancestors were from Czechoslovakia, but I will never Cech. Slovakia could be, as now, I Slovak. It will calm you? No pyrolysis boiler will not change my conviction: Peace - Peace and Justice. I understand that it will not. Avatar is not to blame. Change the US flag, I do not like … I’m sorry.:skull_crossbones:

Rus:
Steve Unruh, мои предки из Чехословакии, но я никогда не буду Чехом. Смогу быть Словаком, как и сейчас я Словак. Это Вас успокоит? Никакой пиролиза котел не изменит мои убеждение: Миру - Мир и справедливость. Понимаю, так не будет. Аватар не виноват. Смените флаг США, он мне не нравится…

3 Likes

Jan Olsson:

Speaking of Saami people did you see the film " The Cuckoo "?
3 people stuck together in Lap land during the war, a Saami lady, a Finnish soldier and a Russian Soldier and non of them can speak to each other.

Ukrainian word for Cuckoo is зозуля and it sounds nothing like the Russian word ( sounds like Zoo Zoo la ).
The polish word is very close kukułka, but there is no L sound between the U and K ( kukushka is Latin test translation of the Russian word ).
Long L is an archaic Latin letter hardly that in this case is silent.

Getting off topic though.
Posting in your mother tongue and then a translation is a good idea.
We can walk it back and forth through translation software of choice to make it easier to read.

I

1 Like

Hello Aleksander,
My grandmother and mother were born in Czechoslovakia, my grandfather in Hungary. I have my mother’s birth certificate and my dream is to visit her birth place. We have some of the same blood flowing through our being. My last grandson is Alexander, what a small world. As you say, Peace-Peace and Justice.
Pepe

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I used to double-dip when young at a movie theater. Watched almost everything there were. Lost interest after that. 2002 is too late though.
Languages are interesting. In remote villages only 50-100 km west of me I can still not understand their local accents. One of them has reasently been recognised as a language of its own. It has lots of Scottish words in it. Probably from over a thousand years ago when Vikings crossed the sea a lot.

3 Likes

Ha! Ha! I am calm. I actually did compliment you on showing the need for unified gasifier to engine thinking and designing. This is too rare.

I was only pointing out that a loud statement tee-shirt, or a loud statement hat will limit those who will share their DONE woodgassing experiences with you.

My Russian blood ancestors left because they did not want to fight in any more Czarist pride wars.
My German blood ancestors left because they did not wan to fight in any more Kaiser pride wars.
My Irish and Welsh blood ancestors left tired of fighting in English elites pride wars.
My black-American blood ancestors walked out here to the free west for better lives.
My American-Indian ancestor blood have just had to endure.

And if I was to fill the round DOW avatar balloon space with a 1960’s peace symbol logo . . . it would be misunderstood too.
Am I a let the Lion lay down with the Sheep soft heart person? No. Only possible if the Lion is well fed.
And the 1960’s peace symbol with the words after of “US Peace” would go back to that symbol original meaning of an outline of the B52 bomber airplane and US peace, enforced like Pax-Rome, Pax-Britaania through superior firepower. Not me either.
Kill the Lion. Herd the sheep for milk, wool and hides. I never could develop the taste for mutton. Shepard dog food.

We each chose our presentation. Live with the results of our choices.
J-I-C Steve Unruh

2 Likes

And now for something completely different…

I hear there are some fellows around here interested in Gasification of biomass.

5 Likes

Dear Steve Unruh, I did ask to share the information with me? Do you think I miss her? Enough triple standards. All are equal and white, and red-skinned, and black. Where not, you yourself have described. You live with it. I am not ashamed of the USSR and the Russian Federation. In the US, not to live. Alien Earth Cold Earth and takes only Heroes. Enough politics, let live. By the way: I only eat mountain sheep - chibouks. And I Sagittarius - Homo-sapiens, do not eat raw, like Leo. And you … ?
According to US weather forecasters data, US President presentation, held in the Russian Federation. Come to me, as a home.:hugging:
My wife Lioness and I all bitten.:cupid:

Down the rabbit hole we go.

Can we please discuss gasification not politics.

5 Likes

Can anyone help me “see” this low power gasifier?

3 Likes

Hate to do this, but I’m closing this derailed discussion. Sorry Koen.

Be advised, folks: Strong opinions and poor translations do not make for a good discussion. Steve, you made your point. Aleksandr, please stick to gasification going forward, and start a new topic for your gasifier ideas. Thanks guys.

11 Likes