Pellet Gasifier from Greece

Congratulations for this wonderful forum.I m happy to be member.You are all wonderful people and it’s really nice to see the team spirit.

Just to introduce myself, I come from Greece and below is my gasifier.The reactor is 4’’ pipe with reduction to 2’’.

As a cooler I used a home radiator and for filtering 2 ammunition boxes.

Flame seems quite clean but many improvements are required before I connect it to a generator (hopefully 4 to 5kw)

Update:30th September 2020
So here is the video l uploaded in Youtube (The flare is not visible as it’s day)

5 Likes

Hi Andreas , and welcome aboard , neat little setup you have there , you may even win the prize for the mile high Gasifier club seeings as it looks like your out on a balcony way up overlooking everyone else ! what could be better than messing with a gasifier looking down on everyone below :smiley:.
Are you on the mainland or one of the many islands ?

2 Likes

I live in a big Island (Crete).Hopefully later I can find a bigger space.Good thing is that small space motivated me to focus on a small gasifier.

2 Likes

As long as you don’t have too many flights of stairs to climb up carrying bags of pellets ,
Crete looks lovely , not visited there myself but have been to Zante many times over the years .
Dave

1 Like

Thank god there is an elevator.Thank you again for welcoming me!

1 Like

Hello Andreas and wellcome here!

Hat off for you building a gasifier on the balcony. Proves you are a doer. Like most guys here!

Just a note; your prediction to run a 4 or 5kw generator might be a bit to big for your radiator. Might be to restrictive. But it will run for sure, just maybee not at max power. Keep us updated!

3 Likes

Hello Kristijan,

Thank you for your message.Later, I am planning to replace the home radiator and use a car radiator with a 12v ventilator attached.In any case a lot of experiments are required.

Thanks again for welcoming me!

2 Likes

How come you guys all communicate so well in English. I had three years of German back when T-Rex roamed the earth but can’t remember much. I hardly ever knew an American that was Bi-lingual. Very nice system Andreas.

2 Likes

Hello Tom,

You can’t survive without speaking English nowadays.Thank you for your comments about the gasifier.I will send updated pictures as soon as I have something.The important is I got some flame.Now I will focus more on the safety of the system.

2 Likes