Picture gallery...cars, trucks , gasifiers, older and newer history

11 Likes

A PowerPoint presentation years back :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Il concorso automobilistico indetto dal RACI per autovetture a combustibile. (youtube.com)
historic rally over 100km with gasoline cars against 8 chargas and woodgas cars…(national fuel )

10 Likes

La VII “Mille miglia” ha visto ancora trionfare l’Alfa Romeo con Nuvolari (media oraria km. 108, 570). Borzacchini ha vinto la “Coppa del Duce”. Ha destato viva curiosità la vettura a gassogeno di Agostini e Ferraguti (64 km all’ora. Alimentazione a carbone). - Archivio storico Istituto Luce (archivioluce.com)

in the middle of the film a gasifier car, runs speedy seems

6 Likes

Roma. Esperimenti di un autogassogeno. - Archivio storico Istituto Luce (archivioluce.com)
truck with gasifier “nostrum”

6 Likes

Il gassogeno Imbert Il suo impiego e la sua fabbricazione - Archivio storico Istituto Luce (archivioluce.com)

imbert gasifier factory

6 Likes

7 Likes

Giorgio,
The Imbert factory was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

steve, thank you, my son looks always also for finding some interesting things for the small number ( see “likes”) of history friends on the forum…
first time i also have seen a detailed FILM about mass production of gasifers…15000 gasifiers a month!!
some workers are welding with protection mask with steel, others weld only with glasses for eye protection…is this hard welding with brass?
i have never done this…

7 Likes

Hi Giorgio, it’s probably regular oxy/acetylene welding, not brazing.
The good old method for thinner material, only glasses needed then.

7 Likes

The good old oxygen/acetylene welding method has now been replaced by the TIG method with an inverter device and argon, and metal cutting by a plasma cutter. I still occasionally use “oxygen/acetylene” for welding or cutting, so much so that the knowledge is not forgotten.

14 Likes

I agree with you Tone, i like to use the oxy/acetylene cutting/welding stuff too, only bad is the pricing of the gasses, has to use it “economical”.
It’s also fascinating if someone is good at gas-welding, he easily learns tig, but someone good at tig don’t learn gas-welding easy…

12 Likes

Model T plow conversion with long steering shaft

19 Likes

interesting don, how he does the clutch??

7 Likes

He will need a helper in the cab, and a lot of weight on the driving wheels, before that plow turns over any sod. :astonished: :smiley:

10 Likes

You don’t have to… pop it in gear and run back and forth. You arent ever going to be out of first gear. The throttle is more important, but I don’t see any controls for that.
However, it may not go faster in first gear then he can run, and in a long kansas type of field, it probably would take a half a day to get to the other end before you need to turn anyway.

I am going to call this the forerunner of a youtube ‘clickbait’ video. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

On a Model T you must depress the clutch pedal to be in 1st unless it has a modified transmission.

It has a planetary 2 speed transmission with 2nd gear being direct drive. With the brake lever/shift lever combination set all the way down to the floor you’d be in 2nd gear with the clutch not depressed. The pedal is very interesting and has three positions itself. Relaxed is clutch engaging, middle is disengaging engine to transmission, and fully depressed is 1st gear. Model Ts had a whole other pedal for Reverse.

11 Likes

Well, cross that one off my list for wood gas :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

On the plus side, the spark timing and carburetor are controlled via levers on the steering column, so it’s like having cruise control once you’re in 2nd gear.

13 Likes

I’m just happy they came up with the standard shift. :smile:

5 Likes