Plumbing vs Electricity

There are people here from all kinds of trades and I have learned a lot from them. This is my shot at trying to give back a little. Plumbers know more about electricity than they realize. So here goes my comparison of the basics between the two
Voltage = pressure
Amps = gallons per minute
Resistance= friction losses
Watts= work done which means I don’t know maybe how fast the pot gets filled with water?
If I fill up a 1 gal pot in my sink using my house hold pressure of 30 psi through that braided 3/8 flex that feeds the faucet it takes me say 1 min. I go out side and use my 3/4 garden hose it takes 30 seconds. Same work done. The difference half the friction losses. OK I don’t know the actual friction losses between a 3/8 vs 3/4 pipe if they are actually half or not but the idea here is to get you thinking.
Pulse width modulation PWM if you are spinning up a pinwheel (motor) by squirting it with a garden hose and are able to turn the hose on and off very fast . You may start by squirting for 4 seconds off for 1 then maybe on 3 off 2 because your pinwheel is coming up to speed on 2 off 2 on 1 off 1 now because its spinning at the speed you want. Put a load on it now maybe you have to throw in a couple 3 sec squirts to keep it at speed . Load goes away now back to the 1 sec sqirts. Confused yet ?
Tomw

The biggest load problem we might have is powering those blowers in the back from our “grid” in the front. 4 blowers @ 5 or 6 amps each works best with 2 - 15 amp circuits wired with a minimum of #14 copper. Minimum loss.

I’m trying to learn more about electrical and that helps!
Voltage- pressure
Amps- volume
Resistance- friction loses
Watts- work
Do I have that right?

Good subject.
Water circuit analogy to electric circuit
or this
An analogy - water circuits for electric circuits. - YouTube

Yes Herb
On some of the motors on our equipment from abroad they are rated in kW you won’t find a horse power rating on them.