Portable Chunker

The anvil is sharpened away from the blade and the blade is sharpened away from the anvil - in other words the points are together like a hedge trimmer

3 Likes

Thank you for the info. I am using 1/4" steel plate that I will hard surface weld prior to sharpening. Using a Sterling 20:1 right angle similar to yours. Except mine is a top worm and your a bottom worm. I hope it holds up to the hardwoods. I had to put 1 1/2" sq, box as lift blocks under mine to get some distance between the base plate and output shaft

3 Likes

DAM!!! I donā€™t know how I miss soooo many good postings on DOW. I read the postings at least 2 times a day / morning and night. Anywayā€” CHUNKERS. Don I am so glad to see that you are working on you chunkier. It has been so long since I saw the first postings that I thought you had given up for some reason It is so convenient compared to my BRUTE. I see you are still using the cutting ā€œbladeā€ instead of the "drumā€™ cutter. I thought maybe that had become a problem for you. The late Johnathan Collins made a cutting ā€œbladeā€ for his first try but later, converted to a ā€œdrumā€.

As with your Tracker, I love your chunkier. I canā€™t tell you haw many places there are around here where they have harvested the trees for pulp and left the forest cluttered with piles of limbs. It is too much effort for me to drive my tractor and chunkier and trailer over there. Your rig can easily be trailered to the woods and chunk the wood and haul home.

Gary Gilmore new chunkier. I wait with bated breath for your pictures. I have studied these for a long time an wished for one just as long. I was so jealous when J.O. Olson just out of the blue made one up. You are having special gear cast?? Canā€™t wait to hear what that is all about ā€” you doing the foundry work?.. On that subject, why do they have to have matching gears? Couldnā€™t two sprocket and chain do the same thing.?

I am trying to get all that charcoal processed into something useful. I have the magnet for picking up the nails and working on a grinder. I just donā€™t know how you guys get your projects done so fast. Gary, where is the video of the furnace you made that you load wood into a 55 gal drum then wheel it over and jacket it up into place. Iā€™ve gone through everything I can find.

GREAT JOB YOU GUYS TOMC

3 Likes