Premium Membership?

I cannot find my details about what membership I have. What is the Premium Membership? I thought I purchased it when I joined but much of the site is unavailable to me.

What am I missing?

You should have gotten a premium membership for 6 months with the purchase of the book. you need to talk to @Chris Saentz and he may still have to add you manually to the list for verification.

Thanks… I knew it has to be a simple fix. BTW, the book rocks!

3 Likes

It is one of the few that is well worth it’s money if you want to get into gasification. Welcome to the site, btw.

4 Likes

What did you think of the wood gasifier’s builder’s bible?

I like the keith one because it is straight forward and haven’t read the other one yet. I buy books like crazy!

4 Likes

I like the Kieth design. i have put hundreds of thousands of miles on them they work great. i don’t know anything about Ben Petersons design except for having read the first book.

5 Likes

I like them both! The Wood Gasifier Bible has a lot of information about many different types of systems old and new, Wayne Keith’s Book is the defacto go to book to get the best results out of my project. Since I am building a Dakota for my first attempt, you know which design I’ll be using.

Upon reading these 2 books I have tons of questions and I also have ideas to manage the systems. I have an idea to create a choke plate that can be adjusted on the fly, or a way to keep the flow up on an engine design that might not have enough vacuum at idle to work properly.

I am a tinkerer at heart and I can never leave well enough alone. Have watched literally dozens of videos of all sorts of wood gasification projects.

Has anyone ever thought about building a large unit to service several buildings on a property? Maybe running underground service lines to power 2 or 3 strategically located generators, or heat pumps, or well pumps, that kind of stuff? Just start one big unit and feed off it for the different systems as required instead of several smaller units?

So much potential, so little time.

2 Likes

BTW I still can’t get into the library

CHRIS Must have thought he fixed it and
had some sort of glitch or faulty conection, You might want too click on reply back ware chris last responce, then he will see your request sooner asap. THANKS Good night me cashing in.

2 Likes

William, the choke is always adjusted on the fly. Or did you have something else in mind?

Gasifiers dont scale up indefenetly. You come yo a point where too big of a hearth will not allow air to penetrate deep enaugh in a burn zone

4 Likes

Randall and William. I’m sure you have both watched a lot of youtube gasifiers. Something to learn from everybody’s efforts. As you take the time to study some of the threads on DOW you will find even more useful designs and highly innovative builders. Kristijan and Joni are prime examples. MattR. There are many more. I am not good at navigating the threads. Technologically retarded as it were, but regardless of how many people have built systems, there is always room for new ideas. Have no concerns about whether one of yours will be mocked. I have never seen that happen. While you are gathering materials for a WK you would do well to put together some kind of Gary Gilmore simple fire up draft charcoal unit that you can use to power a small engine. Much can be learned just by making some wood gas and getting it to work with something like a generator. After all, an IC engine is operated the same whether it has one cylinder or ten.

3 Likes

if you haven’t, try logging out and logging back in. If it is fixed, you will have to do that to get a new set of credentials. Most browsers store the credentials so you don’t have to relogin. Mine clear every time I close the browser, but most people don’t configure their browser that way.

1 Like

I’ve tried everything. I am not registered in the system properly. Keeps saying page not found or private…

Grrrr. If you look, my name does not have the “Premium Membership” tag

@Chris is probably busy. He’s the only one that manages the forum and this isn’t his full time job. Just give it some time. I pinged him again for this topic so maybe he’ll see it faster.

1 Like

Message @Chris help need to login properly there is no plus in yellow something wrong.
Thanks Bob

1 Like

Wait for a reply from Chris S.
Bob

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. William, you used a different email address than you purchased the book under. You’re all set now.

6 Likes

Thanks! (and sorry!)

1 Like

Hey, I bought the 6 month to lifetime yesterday and I didn’t get any notice it went through are not. Can you check that so either I can do the process again are what I need to do. I was really wanting to see Wayne’s videos. Thanks Chis,

1 Like