Properties of a good wood gasifier

My wife tells me to go take a shower and bath to get the wood gas smell off of my body before I go to bed. It kinda like walking into your house with your dirty shoes on. Not a good thing to do. Take them off Right.
Bob

What is your opinion about the hay filter?
How is it better if the gas enters the filter from above or is it better if it enters from below?
Thanks for the answers.

2 Likes

I think bottom up because as the soot clings to the hay we also get condensation which washes and cleans the hay on its way down by gravity.

5 Likes

the project is progressing slowly, I had to rework the chassis of the trailer because it was an obstacle to the release from the cyclone, … curiosity does not give me peace …,.

16 Likes

I think about what is happening in the hot zone, the nozzles in the ring supply air, which causes a layer of burning charcoal at higher flows, which is a condition for tar decomposition, but if the gas flow is small, the annealing layer is smaller and the tar does not decompose completely. What do you think if you added another in the middle 10 cm above the limit of the center nozzle to maintain annealing in the lower part.? Construction
gasifier allows me to do this.

3 Likes

More area with less flows yet?

Don, I’m attaching a sketch …

3 Likes

Today is Sunday and we don’t work here on Sundays, …
I undertook engine conversion, dismantled the radiator and fan and muffler. Instead of a refrigerator, a lid with connections for cooling water, I also have to make an exhaust gas refrigerator, …

The last picture is for Norman :grinning:

12 Likes

Lucky it is not for me, not my brand. I had the most terrible accidents with Honda an Yamaha. Strange enough nothing ever happened on a Kawasaki or Suzuki. Oh yeah, only onces on a Kawa, when I was following the speed limit and fell a sleep. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

You can have a lot of fun with it! I owned a Yamaha DT400, XT250 and a TT550, last one had white power suspension, very nice. The DT was just grazy. All the time wheelies.
Sold my last motorbike a few years ago Suzuki GSX600 Srad because it was just impossible to ride normal. No problem if you spend a lot of time on your bike. If you ride now and then it is getting dangerous. Sorry Tone, motorbikes are my thing, cars are just there for transport.

4 Likes

I am curious. Heat exchanger?

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I wish I was doing today! Instead spent the day with my dad winterizing the gardens

6 Likes

10 Likes

How do you seal the ends of the copper pipes?

4 Likes

Hello Don, the silver lot solves such situations, combines copper, iron, stainless iron, …

4 Likes

Wow, exhaust gases through the copper pipes and water through the one inch pipe?
Looking good.
You expect no problems with corrosion? Just asking, no idea.
Looking good!

2 Likes

Looks like a Shotgun Condenser used in alcohol distillation. Very interesting.

3 Likes

Cody beat me to it, looks like a shotgun condenser for brewing moonshine

2 Likes

Marcus, you thought the silencer was popping for poaching …:zipper_mouth_face::grinning:

7 Likes

Hello Joep, I have a copper tube at hand and it allows me easy work and good thermal conductivity. I also don’t know what it will be like with corrosion.
This is what happened, not exactly Akrapovic…,:grinning:

4 Likes

You can also get a flaring tool to expand the copper pipe into the holes on a steel plate. It’s how steam engine boilers are made. You want copper tubes so they’ll bust before steel or iron does and it’ll put out the fire.

4 Likes