Recumbent bike with motorized gas trailer

quizz n ° 2.

how does it work?.

3 Likes

Allowed us a cheat on this one! Photo is : CENDRIER.jpg , Cendrier is french for “ashtray” (Per: Google Translate) therefore my guess is that this is a photo of your gasifier “grate” where the burning fuel rests.

1 Like

YES, but it misses the description of an important point in its operation.

1 Like

So the ashtray has three stainless steel buckles that hold the centerpiece in suspension while giving it freedom of movement, so, when braking the recumbent bike and rolling, with its weight, it moves away laterally back and forth which causes an automatic riddling of the ashes and gives a homogeneous operation of gas production.

7 Likes

recovery of the realization of the recumbent bike, some holidays,

yes, the French are still on leave,

Which allows me to change my job, because at the moment a lot of jobs

attacked, but not a lot of finishes. The concept of the bicycle is based on me.

the air inlet control valve of the gasifier is attached.

I hope to be able to test soon.

6 Likes

small rolling machine to make the air cone

2 Likes

Device for filling the air and taste to the taste of the gasifier, the cone has the function of forcing the filling, the faster one rolls the more one introduces, self-regulation.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see this beauty running…

5 Likes

8 Likes

hi François
The carbonite is closer to charcoal or wood in terms of volatile products ?

carbonite could not be gasified, properly, in an updraft gazogene?

Thierry

récupérateur de goudron

Hi Thierry,

as you can see in the comparative table, the carbonite is substantially equivalent to the other fuel,

but as you can see on the last picture, I have a system of introduction of water where oil with the air horn, in the abutment to make air and water gas, we can produce a certain quantity of hydrogen by blowing into a gasifier in ordinary form, a mixture of air and vapor from where my device with the heat of the escape to warm the water in steam as you could see in the previous photo, the the quantity of water which may be so decomposed is bound to be limited, and if we approach the limit too much, the apparatus cools, its progress becomes irregular, and too much carbonic acid is produced therein.
Under these conditions, gases containing almost 25% hydrogen (by weight) and 35% carbon monoxide, which correspond to an ICP around 1500 calories, are produced, this process was imagined by Teissié du Motay in 1871 he was perfected e, 1879-1880 in America, where he is known as the Strong System.

the advantage of carbonite, as in the scheme above, in its manufacturing process recovers tars to make its agglomeration.

Two advantages, use of sawdust, wood B, any carbon of low values, and no wastage of fumes of distillations in the admosphere,

the cost of making carbonite is necessarily expensive, but has an ecological utility, not to fill the landfills with wood B, but to give a second use to this material which gives a fuel that does not evaporate like gasoline ,

the carbonite at its distillation giving less where almost no tar depending on the temperature of the hearth, I think it can be used in an ascending type gasifier.

(Bois B in France is a wood of old furniture of house, old frame of demolition)

3 Likes

Hi Francois

your sources of information seem to me (books) are very interesting can you communicate them to us?

Thierry

1 Like

5 Likes

I bracketed the gasifier from the recumbent bike to build a garage, because the garage of my house is very small, and then my wife began to be under the pressure of the overgrowth of my tools and my disorder for me to move,

the terrasement is in gray on the picture on the bottom left, also to tell you that I contribute to the proper functioning of the planet by building wood frame, which can trap CO2, one of the solutions to restore balance.

6 Likes

The terrace is gorgeous. Did you do that?

I can’t believe you get as much done as you have with a garage that small in the first place. It is a much needed upgrade! My only (sarcastic) disappointment, beyond you not calling it a barn (which means it is probably still too small) is you didn’t mill your own lumber. :slight_smile:

I was only the maneuver to realize my terrace, it is the workers of Portucal who made this beautiful work with also with the stone of Portugal, I can not do big enough for the reason that as much place as I have as it is badly organized so I limit myself, it is not me who is cut beams, I have a saw, but also not finished.

3 Likes

three electric KWh mobile gasifier, requested by a customer for the winter, load photovoltaic panels batterries.

obviously the recumbent bike is hanging.

in addition to my prototype manufacturing work in a biomass boiler plant.

9 Likes

monoroue gauche
monoroue droite
Uploading: monoroue gauche.PNG…

After three years of sleep, I’m relaunching the project, I had to admit that the trailer was too heavy, so I’m leaving on a single-wheel BMX bike here are photos of the concept’s restart, the advantage is that it will be adaptable to any type of bike, always charcoal or carbonite.

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes