Ron H 1994 Dodge Dakota 4X4 WK Gasifire Project

Neat !! Thanks for the pictures ,

If I paid closer attention to pic 4 would have seen the optical illusion caused by the camera flash. Also viewing from my little screen phone through trifocals doesn’t help. Looking good now: *)
Tomw

Update on the cooling rails. I meant to say 2”, not 2 ¼”. Also there is a total of 72’ of steal pipe to cool the gas, starting from the heat X to the rear condensate tank. Hope this is enough cooling of the gas.

The 3” body lift also proved to be very beneficial for me. If the weather permits I will try to post a pic. All of the 2” PVC from the rear condensate tank to the hay filter laid below the truck box and on top of the frame, as anticipated. Same thing from the hay filter to the engine compartment. The pipe laid right on top of the frame and made for a very easy installation, and limited most of the low points that would have other wise required low point drains.

Ron H

I am taking the advice of many builders on here and starting out with a 6” restriction and if I remember right it is 13” below the nozzles. Now I have a Question and hope someone can answer. The grate is at the dimensions Mr. Wayne Keith gave in his instructions. Am I to low to the grate, or does it matter?

Ron H

Good Morning Ron.

I’m not sure I am clear on the question.

I like to have the grate swinging 1-1/2 to 3 inches below the fire tube . The distance from the restriction to the grate will be 3-5 inches .

Thanks
Wayne

And thanks for the post. My grate is 1 1/2" below the fire tube, 6" restriction is at 13" below the nozzles. So I think you have answered my question. Thanks for your help Mr. Wayne.

Ron H

Got the blowers mounted up, not much room back there after the hay filter is installed, hope the location isn’t going to come back to haunt me.

Ron H

Looking at your pusher blowers…
If it were me. I would drop the left side a few degrees, enough to insure positive draining.
Looking good.
TerryL

Hi Ron…your is real similar to the way I installed mine. I have had no problems, but have not gone through a winter yet. Time will tell. You are getting close and looking good. Link below…

http://www.driveonwood.com/comment/25714#comment-25714

Gary

and some people don’t. I have and could only recommend a design that allows replacement without major disassemble. Wayne’s baptism in diesel is a good restorative measure for troublesome blowers too.

Ron …do you have a sliding back glass in your truck? I can get to mine through the back slider, makes it a lot easier if like Carl says you ever need to work on or replace one.

Gary

I placed mine in the same place just up and down so the smoke shoots straight up .and if I flare it looks cool

Gary, I tried to click on that link and says “access denied”?

We all have it in some shape or form. Each one of us has a different looking pile of ubtaineum and very different skills, tools, trucks, not to mention eco systems to deal with. At least for me it was/is hard to make any kind of a decision to even get started. So after many hours of reading I just went for it. Hopefully when all is done I will be able to DOW. Again I Thank each and every one of you for all the great help and inspiration I have received on this web site.

Hi Terry Lavictoire and thanks for the input. Only problem is the blowers were installed back in July and I’m not able to change this at the moment. I will use them as is and see what happens.

Carl Zinn, I am hopping that I will be one of the few that don’t have a problem. But if I do perhaps like Gary L. explains, opening the rear slider may work out just fine.

Ron H

Some months back I was poking around my junk pile and found a SS Kleenex box, what can I use this for Hummm?

Ron H

thats cool!
switches and a couple tissues to keep the hands clean.

Bill…where you logged in when you tried the link? Works when I click on it. Other than that I have no idea.

I’ve not seen the guy with the generator yet. Will let you know when I find out something.

Gary

Yeah, I’m logged in Gary.
Thanks for keeping me posted on the generator.
Maybe Chris can look into this for me.

After installing the gas inlets to the air cleaner I wasn’t happy with the very small air leak between the bottom of the air filter and the throttle body. So I made a bracket out of 1/8” X 1” and this seemed to solve my problem. Also installed the two dog balls, springs, etc. and beefed up the air cleaner lid with a thin piece of drum bottom. I still have to build and install distributor advance.

Ron H

looking nice and clean.