Saman's gasifier project

I think it would be more difficult to raise the ring Kristjan. I am sure there are plenty of rings that are on the bottom. An ash cone will build up around the ring and protect that portion of the fire tube. This way he has more charcoal for gas conversion available.

If the ring (restriction) is the same diameter as the id of the firetube it can be moved up and down easyaly.
The restriction that low wuld make the oxy zone much too big (15cm high) and the reduction much too small (3cm) for good clean gas production.

1 Like

My first gasifier I ran with wood chips was a 10cm fire tube with 8- 6mm air jets that were 20cm from a fixed grate. It ran a 13hp Honda just fine with no tar buildup in my engine. I started out like Saman here with the only difference of having preheated air jets.

Befor you change you system try Mr. Wayne suggestion. If you can’t get a flammable gas, the you can make physical changes as Kristijan is recommending. Check your vacuum. TomC

1 Like

No restriction? Well l guess good preheat might made it somewhat similar to wk design.

I stand corrected. I just found a drawing of my first gasifier.

1 Like

Like this?

4 Likes

Exactly. Be sure to report your sucess!

4 Likes

Kristijan, he needs a grate, yes?

1 Like

Yes, sure, he shows the grate on all top skeches and most likely forgot about it here.

1 Like

Yes i forgot to draw a grate.

1 Like

I hope he doesn’t forget to let us know what happened.

1 Like

Coming from the dark side of gasification, this conversation really helped clarify my understanding of how a small and basic wood gasser woks. I too hope to hear good news from Saman.

3 Likes

:joy: :grin: :joy: :rofl: NOOOOOO
I do not remember, I’m sure.
I’m a member of this group from now
I hope that I will be useful

2 Likes

Hi
I repaired my gasifier
I am very glad. I’ve had good progress with your help
Thank you all
I completely ignited the charcoal. Then I added the pellets
The device worked after 30 seconds and the gas ignited
But after a few seconds it did not work anymore
I think I have 2 problems

1. My pellets are 10% or more of stucco For better pellets presses
  2. Fire tube was not air tight :roll_eyes:
  3. Airflow is fast or slow
    please help me again
    Thank you

2 Likes

Iranian music by: Hossein alizadeh :relaxed:

Allright! Looking realy good!
Feels good to see that flame for the first time no?

How do you seal the firetube to the gasifier shell?
Fix your airleaks! When air from a air leak meet the hot woodgas, it egnites in the gasifier, burning a part from the gas!
Allso, the gas seems steamy. Is your wood too moist?
You may get a lot better resaults with actual wood. Just cut a old wooden board or a pallet to about 1x1cm peaces and it shuld work good.

Allso, every gasifier needs time to set its self properly, so try burning it longer next time

Yes, I felt very good
I had closed the fire tube with the uncertainty way. I’m not sure if the air has gone inside or not. Are the wood(1×1 or smaller)better work than pellets?

1 Like

The stucco binder could produce a slagging problem. Open top gasifiers with a divorced fuel magazine like pellets but some closed designs have a problem with moisture getting into the raw pellets and they start to fall apart. Solid wood is the standard to judge all other fuels by.

I like the music in the video!

3 Likes