Saman's gasifier project

Allright! Looking realy good!
Feels good to see that flame for the first time no?

How do you seal the firetube to the gasifier shell?
Fix your airleaks! When air from a air leak meet the hot woodgas, it egnites in the gasifier, burning a part from the gas!
Allso, the gas seems steamy. Is your wood too moist?
You may get a lot better resaults with actual wood. Just cut a old wooden board or a pallet to about 1x1cm peaces and it shuld work good.

Allso, every gasifier needs time to set its self properly, so try burning it longer next time

Yes, I felt very good
I had closed the fire tube with the uncertainty way. I’m not sure if the air has gone inside or not. Are the wood(1×1 or smaller)better work than pellets?

1 Like

The stucco binder could produce a slagging problem. Open top gasifiers with a divorced fuel magazine like pellets but some closed designs have a problem with moisture getting into the raw pellets and they start to fall apart. Solid wood is the standard to judge all other fuels by.

I like the music in the video!

3 Likes

Exactly what Jeff sayd. It will be a kot easyer for you if you first know your machine with wood chunks.

4 Likes

so i will test with wood chunk

3 Likes

Hi my friends
I test my gasifier just now.it worked
It was ignit about 30min just with 450g wood chunk
Thank you so much
You are best

3 Likes

15 Likes

I think I can speak for all of us— Congratulations and good job. TomC

8 Likes

Congratulations Saman .

Seeing the flame for the first time always put a smile on your face . :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you so much :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you wayne :blush::blush: :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Wonderful ! !

Your on your way now.

Graduate with your Degree ! ! !

3 Likes

Way to go
You have that first flare grin!

5 Likes

I’m not graduating now. I must test different fuels. I need to make a pellets from Mushroom compost waste. What do you think?can it produce gas?

1 Like

Two weeks ago I purchased a truck load (big dump truck) of mushroom compost to mix with my homemade compost and charcoal fines. It arrived very wet and stinky, but once I mixed it into my piles, it proceeded to heat up and do some additional composting. When I turned it with a front-end loader, it had black sections looking like charcoal, and they were so hot it appeared that they were smoking. This load was expensive, and I am surprised that it might be considered as waste, but I suppose it could be. It could be called Spent Mushroom Compost (SMC) because it has been used to grow mushrooms, and has been replaced with fresh growing media.
Some mushroom compost contains lime and gypsum (calcium sulphate) so it might not need any “stucco”. (What is the composition of your “stucco”?)
It might work well as a fuel if a mix of coal (powder or fines) or charcoal fines were mixed with the SMC before it is made into pellets. It may act as a binder to hold the pellet together. (If Iranian coal is lignite, additional binder may be required.)
Here is a paper you will find interesting: http://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/15170/1/522017.pdf
It has 309 pages, and specifically pages 104 to 131 discuss pellets. There is plenty of information about Spent Mushroom Compost and Coal Tailings, too. Pellet experiments are discussed on pages 140 to 166. Lots of good reading. Good Luck.

3 Likes

any bio-matter can produce gas. it’s more a matter of dealing with the matter…how it burns, cracks, holds together, makes ash, etc…Lots of variables. Congrats on getting it to burn…:relaxed:

3 Likes

First flare is special. Congratulations!

3 Likes

I made agglomeration (fireballs) from all kind of stuff, mushrooms and compost - but not spent mushroom compost. The bacteria should make the binder. For gasifing you will need to balance the draft just right. The denser the pellet the better to maintain a charcoal bed. Today I use stuff like that for the soil and plant trees for fuel.

2 Likes

Yes :blush: :blush::blush: :blush::blush::blush:
Thank you

1 Like

I have to test it then I’ll let you know.
Thank you :blush: