Saman's gasifier project

Hi ray
This article is very helpful. It’s a great research work. It can, of course, help a lot. I need to study as soon as possible.
I think you have not bought waste compost.You have bought new compost.becouse The reaction of animal manure, straw and lime will produce such heat.
Thank you :hugs:

1 Like

I think mushroom compost has a good gas production capacity, because it contains a lot of carbon and straw and animal manure.

1 Like

How about animal manure? Can it be used alone and used in my system?

Yes, If you can make 25X25mm compressed manure briquettes that are dry. I have read somewhere that manure has a greater energy density by weight than wood. If you have pieces of manure that can be broken into small chunks and are thoroughly dry, they might work.

1 Like

Ha, actualy l was thinking the other day about this matter. I have free range rabbits and they produce quite a few piles of perfectly round fuel pellets that dry fast on the sun. I have no dubt they wuld be great for a gasifier!

I think mushroom compost might be problematic. It has high mineral content that might be problematic for plugging.

3 Likes

Here are some test with different fuels including a mixture of pelletized chicken litter .

If you include with your fuel enough wood to keep a char bed it seems a gasifier will run on many fuels . I once made a statement that I thought I could get 5 miles from a dead cat :grinning:

http://www.driveonwood.com/library/auburn-test/

2 Likes

You used dead cat as fuel? :thinking::thinking::open_mouth: really?

1 Like

No not really , Just pulling your leg ( joke )

With a good deep char bed you can burn a lot of different fuels .

3 Likes

I seem to remember Mr. Wayne did put some turkey bones in after thanksgiving dinner. I guess it was just enough to get him away from the table. TomC

4 Likes

I never thought of the rabbit manure being pre-pelletized. It would probably work well, but I always teach people to not think of manure as a fuel source, but rather use it for agriculture. That is usually the best use for it, especially in a development situation. But if you have plenty of nitrogen for the garden and plenty of rabbit pellets, I guess it works out ok.

2 Likes

I have mashroom’s dark greenhouse. I have about 30 tons of waste every 3 months. I think it would be very beneficial for me to turn it into fuel. I’m really interested in the relationship between agriculture and mechanics.

2 Likes

Much higher percentage of nutrients (nitrogen and phosphorus) are in urine, plus we excrete 10 times as much urine as feces. In our sanitation system we mix charcoal with urine to make inoculated biochar fertilizer. Solid waste (manure) is as an excellent energy-dense charcoal binder to make great odor free cooking briquettes.

2 Likes

And, Billy, the older ya get the more ya peeeee ! ! :confused:

5 Likes

Hello every body
I am in the largest greenhouse in the Middle East now,just for visit.in iran,Tabriz, the city of Jolfa, the border between Iran and Russia. Here it is built by the stolz greenhouse company in netherland.It has a total of 36 hectares (360,000 m2)of greenhouses.30 hectares of tomatoes. 4 hectares of peppers. 2 hectares of eggplant.
It is very advanced here and in all respects. But what’s so interesting is that they do not have any programs for grass and grass waste and they only throw it away as garbage.
They have about 20 to 40 tons of weeds per day.And the weeds caused by the planting end after about 9 months are about 800 thousand tons
And it hasnt any Nutritional Value for animal.so thay have to throw away.
I have a question? Is it technically and experimentally able to install a gasifier unit to supply the gas needed for boilers, and supply it with weeds?
Thank you

2 Likes

4 Likes

http://www.stolze.nl/en/projects

At one time I would bale weeds to burn in a primitive boiler but pelletized weeds would work much better in a gasifier.

3 Likes

Hi Saman,
congratulations for your very interesting project. In that scale of waste, there are many possibilities for a very interesting eco-susteinable enterprise.

Here are some ideas from You Tube. I will try to make a video of OUR manual briquette machine that has been working por about 25 years now …and it STILL WORKS!

Nice work! Keep it up

Regards,
Abner

9 Likes

Thanks for your ideas. I’m happy to hear new ideas from you and other friends.
Thank you do much

1 Like

I would like to see that also.!!

4 Likes