Saman's gasifier project

Saman to confirm AbnerV’s charcoal fuel biscuit work search up for the “Nepal Honeycomb Charcoal Stove”.
The work was done by Pakastani? India? UN workers to allow remote Nepal villagers space and cooking heat using invasive weeds then as the input fuel stocks. Rather than transport in tins of expensive liquid petroleum fuels. And to STOP stripping the mountain sides of any remaining trees and bushes, put the weeds to use.
The holes in the made up charcoal biscuits, billets, patties importunate to control the heat output burn rate.
Regards
tree-farmer Steve Unruh

2 Likes

Thank you for your guidance

1 Like

Hi my friends
My gasifier works great,but I have a problem with vapor and tar on the fan outlet.
I want to remove them,because i want to take GC (gas analyze)test in university.And to make the test answer correct i have to remove them.
What offer do you have for vapor and tar removal?
Is it necessary to put another cyclon filter?or heat exchanger?
I think it can be works good if I make a flange filter with a tissue paper.
Thank you so much

My understanding is tar is unconverted energy. Can you find a way to preheat your incoming air?

1 Like

But I’ll preheat the air.Do you think is it need for more preheat?

1 Like

First of all, is it producing tar after it has ran for a while or just at the beginning? When the unit is cold as it is during start up, tar is likely to be produced. The more the incoming air is exposed to the exiting gas, the hotter the incoming air will be. Example is on the GEK, they use longer tubes inside the gasifier before entering the fire tube.

1 Like

It always product tar and vapor

1 Like

Here is an example of what I mean. Notice the amount of surface area around the tubes. My guess is they also insulated the outer housing to minimize the amount of heat escaping before the incoming air is heated.
http://kaspar.rammo.net/puugaas/gekveeb/gasification/gek/gekreports/report1/ssairpreheat.jpg

1 Like

A basic question. Why we do preheating?for remove moisture of air?

Hi Saman,

It’s all about heat. We want the heat concentrated at the right places. That way the tar will burn and the gas will be clean.
We try to achieve this in different ways, heart geometry, keeping the heat in (insulation) and adding heat.

Air preheat is just about capturing some of the heat that would otherwise been lost with the outgoing gas.

4 Likes

Hi jan
Thank you so much

Samoan; I don’t want to come off as a ‘‘smart posterior’’, but, as I understand you are doing this for an advanced degree. It appears that you have relied on this group for information on how to proceed. The members are saying you need to make HOTTER gas they have put forth the easy solutions of ‘‘heating the air going into the gasifier’’ and ''keeping as much heat as possible in the gasifier ( insulation). My suggestion go to the DOW library and ‘‘study’’ chapter 4 of ‘‘1949 Gengass a Swedish ---------- .’’ This will give you all you need to calculate the dimensions of your gasifier. If everything is sized properly, it does give modifications that will affect gas exit temperatures. ( this chapter contains information on both wood and charcoal gasifiers. You should pay particular attention to the wood ) TomC

5 Likes

Hello mr Tom
Yes you right,i want to build a new gasifier after Thesis defense(next mont)
I must adhere to all technical and scientific matters And use your experiences.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Hello friends
I was busy with making a new gasifier,this week.
The new gasifier is excellen.
I made it with kristijan’s help and map
This system works by air compressor.

7 Likes

Allright Saman!

This is a healthy flare! I bet you are pleased.

We want to know more. Pics and video :slight_smile:
Did you manage to gasify compost?

2 Likes

Thank you kristijam,it was yor plan :clap:
I have good air and fuel preheater.
But it has big problem :slightly_frowning_face:it need shaker.
Ypu can see in my video,how i shake it

3 Likes
5 Likes

This is kristijan’s plan.and my gasifier
06242ada9338d5472665458477cc10fc017ebcb1_1_375x500

Noooo.i have problem about compost again :pensive: