Season's greetings

That’s a fairly neutral and non denominational way of saying it.
(but you know what I mean HA HA.)

Wish you all a Safe and happy Christmas or what ever faith and traditions you follow this season.

Watch the roads where it snows.
Don’t drink and drive
Be nice uncle Basil (even if he’s a drunk).
Don’t over eat this year ( like that aver happens )
Make sure to water the tree so its not a fire Hazard.
Keep all the receipts because odds are something is not going to fit too.
Be sure to hug everyone
( hugs are free and socially acceptableness this time of year as long as your not weird about it. In fact I think hugs are under rated as a way of saying things you always wanted to but can’t find thew words for )
And most important don’t leave anyone out.

Do a random act of Kindness this year.
Find something that’s not right around you and do something kind to try and make it right.
Does not require money just some effort.

We can make the world a better place.
Peace, happiness and good will to all.
Wallace.

9 Likes

Thanks for the good wishes, Wallace, a good mantra for life. Many happy returns to you
and yours.
Pepe

4 Likes

Merry Christmas to everyone in the DOW family!!

5 Likes

Wife and I went over to the neighbors last night for a gathering. I believe everyone present sang, picked or drove a wood power vehicle to the event :grinning:

Merry Christmas to all.

8 Likes

True spirit of the season.
Thanks Wayne.

Its not about what you bring ( in the sense of things )to a gathering its about what you Bring to a gathering ( in the real spirit of friendship and brother hood ).
I would love to join in, but I only play a harmonica.

There should be a button that’s better than just like…

3 Likes

" That’s a fairly neutral and non denominational way of saying it.
(but you know what I mean HA HA.)"

Here is another neutral and non denominational greeting.

—-Festive Greetings—-

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

In addition, please also accept our best wishes for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make this country great (not to imply that this country is necessarily greater than any other country or area of choice), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual orientation of the wishers.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. ‘Holiday’ is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all.
This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher actually to implement any of the wishes for the wisher her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of it.

This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

6 Likes

Gee Don
Thanks for bringing up all the political correctness legal weasel stuff to set me straight.:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

What Wallace said​:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Don:
I am not a religious man.
But some faiths are so kind as to forgive my indiscretions

I deeply respect people of faith.
Good God fearing people of all faith believe in the same things and around the same times we all share holidays.
Good people, some with no faith at all believe in the same things.
This time of year is focal point for all of that.

We should all be kind, fair, and honest with each other.
We should all share, protect the weak and innocent, save those in peril, share in the good earth bounty.

Life is very simple.
DOW dove tails with this, tree farmers, and responsible stewards of the land and seas…
Goodness will save the world if we let it.

7 Likes

Wallace,
That is well said. I kind of moved away from the religion I
was born into, but I look on the 10 commandments as a guide for
living a life respectful of others and self. I offer this poem again.
Pepe

5 Likes

Hi Pepe, I could not read the poem, when I expanded it. You are so right about the 10 Commandments of God. Blessing if we live by them.
Merry Christmas to you.

2 Likes

Hi Bob,
Try this pic, I think it will be OK.

1 Like

Yes, season’s greetings to all!

A friend of mine told me that Jesus turned the 10 commandments into 10 promises. I like reading them that way.

Although we don’t know Jesus’ birthday, we do know his death day. The political and religious authorities colluded to torture Jesus to death because he declared their religious tradition misguided and their political power irrelevant.

I am glad for a holiday around the solstice and appreciate each longer day as we enter the new year. feels like coming back to life. Best of all, we do know Jesus’ resurrection day! As the old Christmas hymn reminds us, “meek souls receive him still.” What a gift!

7 Likes

Getting late:

The winter solstice is upon us.
The low darkest hours until this night ends once a year.

Then comes the light.
I hope for a new year of peace, goodwill and happiness to all.

Merry Christmas.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone. Just follow the YOUTUBE link.

3 Likes

Thank you Mr Wayne. I just love that home grown music. I don’t know how those folks learn to play. I’m thinking the way they teach music in the family more like “conversational” language teaching rather than school lean’n where they brake everything down into verbs, participles, and such that never get to the real art of speaking. ( Was that you over in the red shirt, guarding and sampling the punch bowl???) Thanks again and Merry Christmas. TomC

1 Like

Hello Mr. Tom and Merry Christmas .

I was behind the camera. The tall fellow in the red shirt is one of the the main singer and picker . He and a few others are waiting for fingers to get tired so there will be enough room for them to get in the group. He is also the host .

3 Likes

The closest I ever come to being able to play and instrument, was the Jew’s Harp and since I have false teeth that isn’t even possible. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Mr. Wayne. TomC

4 Likes

I can play the shoe horn. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok! You got me on that one. To play that do you stick the toes in your shoe and use the shoe horn to get you heel in? Or are you seriously talking about something like the “bones” or “spoons”? TomC

Ha Ha, it is the toe and heel thing. That was one of my dad’s old sayings. We had a piano in the house where I grew up and when people would ask him if he played the piano he would say “only for my own amazement”.

4 Likes