Small Engines to Woodgas Run

It looks it made for a four jaw, it has the threaded holes for the other type as well. I was hoping to find this thread on though as they are much easier to use. But yeah I may have to go and get a puller :slight_smile: Those cheap things never last and I end up tossing them out after a few uses.

1 Like

The 2 hole gear puller?
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-522-Large-Pulley-Puller/dp/B000OQKJB0?

You have to find the right threads for the holes.

2 Likes

They are M-6 threads. I might just just make one Im just tired of making stuff. lol.

3 Likes

This is the only one I found with 4 bolts.

1 Like

Yeah thats pretty pricy for me. It might have to wait anyways. But yeah they wont be difficult to get apart after I re build them. Im not putting any of the panels back on. You just unbolt the frame at the base and the whole thing comes off the top and exposes the engine.

2 Likes

I thought it was a bit pricey as well. I would go see what the auto parts store has for loaners. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi All,
Here is another Predator 9500 inverter-generator video with relevant info in it.
Pay attention to his added magnetic plug metals found at the first two short interval oil changes. This is real. Real on all of the modern precision mass-manufactured four stroke engines I have new put into service in the last 20+ years. Why I became so early-then change it out fanatical in the first 30-50 hour breaking in. I could see the glitter in the bottom of clean pans drained into. Much of that glitter is aluminum non-magnetic. So get it out with oil changes.
Second pay attention to his monitoring system runout of fuel output voltages and wave patterns! This system does not weird-out voltage spike or sag harming supplied devices. All direct driven synchonous will do this.

These points. Plus the fact an “oversized” “fuel-hog” large unit like this 9500 or the DuroMax 16,000 will not actually hog gasoline or propane because they will run mostly in low RPM Eco why I can say just sell-off, gift-off your old 3600 rpm screamer and go-forwards invest in a proven quality brand of engine driven inverter-generator unit.
Looking forward to DIY fueling it on wood.

I did once pay $4,000 for a new Miller 10,000 watt Trailblazer welder-generator. to get the more fuel efficient EFI. At no-load low RPM it would still eat nearly 0.4 gallon of gasoline per running hour.
Great unit. Would have been super expensive to ever have to repair down the road.
As this guy says; a fellow could buy TWO H.F. 9500’s and then have the safe power.
With a half system then down still have some safe power as your belt to go with your suspenders.
S.U.

6 Likes

My 9500 is back together and back to work. Used it today to power the WEN splitter and charge the batteries today.

9 Likes

Nice, I like that dry storage place you built Matt. That would hold a lot of charcoal in a bulk pile.

5 Likes

I think it makes better sense to get two Predator 9500 or DuroMax 9000i Units than a single V twin. The reason is all you have to do is combine them and you have the same power capability. but you also have displacment on demand. Dont need the full power? Turn one off.

It is tempting to go with the V twin but I really like having this twin set up. Ive ran generators in tandem off one gasifier many times. Its not problem at all. Share the mixer when one unit is off it is its own valve. So there is nothing special you have to do other than teeing off after the mixer. Once you got one generator running its really easy to get the second one running.

Im pretty sure you can swap in that new Predator in either make. Duromax also sells thier version. Unfortunatly time constraights stopped me from pulling the rotor to confirm this 100%. :frowning:

8 Likes

Hi All,
I am going to post up this longer DuroMax V-Twin 16,000 inverter-generator here.
I watched in detail not for the fellows extended running install kit but for the from many angles viewing of this systems insides:

Very generous room inside this system versus any of the large single cylinder 8000-9500 units.
Ha! you can see the same cast aluminum corner posts system.

I’ll be watching these for users usages accumulated usages. Saving back now money for one of these myself. Ha! Take me about 9-10 months.
I fully expect winding its way trough my State’s Legislature a bill restricting the sale of all new Lawn&Garden small IC engines will slam in-place here as early as January 2025. My States and California’s Governor are in a race to see who can get the most Ultra-Green and now four decades, brainwashed Go-Along’s votes. Each wanting to angle for the U.S Presidency. Be a Progressive national/international recognized name.

Be nice to still be able to buy this in-State and not have to “illegally” smuggle one in from the adjacent states of Oregon or Idaho in the back of the can’t-see-in Penske box-van.
In-fact I could transport in 10 of these when Harbor Freight released and supplied; or 15 of their 9500’s.
Bootlegging-smuggling it only pays to deal in high value, fewest exchanges. Re-selling actual quiet units to those who want to live Rural-quietly would stretch out the time before it would become unwound. And me, tracked down, and prosecuted. As an offense to the Eco-Carbons-Haters. The IC engine haters.
You fellows would still write to me in prison wouldn’t you? Than a convicted felon criminal.
Regards
Steve Unruh

4 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning:of course we would write. It is going to be real, the ice ban?

On our news was all EV in the near future, in the USA. I like ev , but must , I dont like :frowning:

2 Likes

Become real, yes just like in California now real since January 2024.
Begins with the easy to restrict Lawn&Garden comsumers products. Then quickly expanding out to light commercial. On road scooters. No more new Vespa’s in California. Then off-road motorcycles.

My older sister just bought a made-in-2022 house in early 2023. She has a street gas fireplace. A street gas kitchen stove and oven. Across from her are now three added new houses. Those build in late 2023 the same sized and floor plans had no installed gas appliances. Illegal now in any new residences sold here as of January 2024 here.
He place asked to be used as an live-in example had new buyers disappointed that they could not get theirs like hers with still-works in Grid-downs gas appliances.

ALL! Pay attention to your areas upcoming laws, rules and regulations. Pick and choose carefully those you would wish to defy.
S.U.

3 Likes

When the grid is down, gas is useless to. Gasheaters need electricity too to function.
The same overhere, new houses have no gas. Heatpump is ok if you need low temp water but sanitairy in winter. I dont understand. Nucleair power is the only hidden agenda I can think off. Well, we only use 50 m3 a year for cooking. And that is going to change, some day…

3 Likes

Our policy under Obama, was to avoid mandate at all costs and was just electrified vehicles which includes hybrids. It creates too much dissent which creates a backlash, which you are trying to avoid as much as possible.

IF we get 5 minute charging for EVs, the market will explode overnight. The the home solar market will skyrocket after people see their electric bills.

China and India both mandated EVs by 2030 but I think they have both backed up on that position to some extent.

2 Likes

Mwa. Charging is ok. 15 to 20 minutes gives time for a cup of coffee. We went to London last Xmas, no stress. Range is enough too. Nothing wrong with ev s today and they will do better every year. Downside is short lifespan compared to older cars. No car today will make it to be an oldtimer. Just like washing machines etc. All smart and electronics. Looking for an old van to keep it running besides the modern stuff.

2 Likes

American’s aren’t going to want to wait that long. We are impatient bastards. It does work for some people. If you can charge at home and start from full everyday, the need for waiting to charge decreases immensely. 5 minute charging is just like gas. and I suspect the vast majority of people don’t like going to the gas station and don’t like doing oil changes.

As far as longevity, I suspect the EVs will generally last longer before major repairs. The battery is the big one. Ford is the only company i am aware of that you can mix n match different battery chemistries and replace sections of the battery packs by design.

2 Likes

I put a couple of songs in the music thread for you SteveU.

2 Likes

Wrong on the Sister systems JeopK.
When her grid was down this winter in a sudden lowlands snow storm; her gas fireplace did manually lite.
Her kitchen stove top and oven did manually lite.
She had some heating.
She had the ability to cook, make tea. And would have later been able to heat water.
Municipal water. It stays flowing from water towers in short grid downs. She filled one of her two tubs.
All of these somethings meant she did not even power up her Yamaha 2000 inverter generator.
Her newer neighbors will go cold, cold within hours.

We are being fed fears of street gas explosions and fires.
Being fed the garp that all use of petroleum fuels is b-a-d, d-a-n-g-e-r-o-u-s. Socially irresponsible.

The crazy thing is the forcing social-changing fears-mongers fail to even expect that there will not be more and more lashing backs now occurring.
You walk up to a shot down animal and you best step on and hold a horn down when cutting its throat. They tend to kick and flail angry as hell.

S.U.

4 Likes

Hmm. I have seen a lot of gas house explosions in the news lately. Could it be a plot?

6 Likes