SOHC'S V hearth gasafire

Hi Rudi,
The pic on your first entry reminded me of my beginning to wood gas. I think
you might be interested in my build and maybe get a “how I did it” idea or two for your
build. Go to the DOW home page and click on Forum. On the Forum page click on
“all categories”, then click on Small engines. Then scroll down to “My first small
engine run”. The blue index page will come up. You can click on any page number to bring you
to that page. I’ve posted details of almost every step of my build. Have fun, any questions?,
just ask.
Pepe

see Wayne’s comment below.

2 Likes

Rudi, I would be interested in more info on the Chev V6 pickup. That is what I have and would like to see how he did his and compare notes
Where did you get those cooler/condenser tubes. They are the neatest. TomC

3 Likes

Hello Pepe

You can also go to the search icon top right on this page and type ( small engine ) and it will pop right up :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Wayne, that certainly is less confusing for the new comers.

1 Like

Rudi, I went back to your introductory post with the video. I see your nozzle tip protrude quite a way out from the “air chamber”. Mine were that way also, and I was concerned that the tar gases would pass behind of the fire at the tip ends and not get reduced to usable gases. So I put a shield between the nozzles to force the gases through the flame. Picture #1 is how my nozzles protruded. Picture #2 is my shield installed — I call it a “tar fence”. TomC

5 Likes

Those nozzles are going to be replaced with cast iron ones when I get my arse into gear, I dont see how the tar could get passed the fire? they should get cracked in the reduction zone?

2 Likes

I will get more details on his Chevrolet, he has a proper Swedish hearth but has made a “hotscreen filter” and other parts

3 Likes

Have a look at his face book Stig-Erik Werner

2 Likes

Hi Tom, the shield above your nozzles is what @gasman Mac was talking about a while back on how you could cause the gas to burn under the shield for a more complete burn of gases and help with cracking of H2O down in the reduction zone to make more H2, if I recall correctly. Glad that you installed the shield that Max was talking about.
Bob

1 Like

I have know Erik Werner! He had a Chev V8 van. He was a regular contributor to Yahoo Wood Gas Group. I believe we lost contact with him when he lost a son in I think an accident or maybe a disease. He went to Canada and built a gasifier for someone and documented it all the way. Thanks for bringing up his name, but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t have time for us at this time. TomC

6 Likes