Super-capacitor generator setup

The outback radian offers the same features as the schneider hybrid. I don’t have enough exposure to schneider to poo poo it. It’s more common for industrial users outback is more common for residential.

1 Like

there are grid tied induction wind turbines . These are not 4 pole three phase generators . They are 32 or 64 pole generators . I have no idea how they work . I think super capacitors are used . I bought grid tied generator ,
Power company would not approve it . Outbackpower inverter was inspected and approved . It is powered by woodgas generator . Generator is not connected to grid . generator is connected to charger .

David your comment makes since to me. I actually think I read somewhere that the engineers once worked for outback or the other way around. I have just used alot of Schindler controls in my past life as a controls engineer and really like the quality of their products in general.

The story goes like this take it with a grain of salt. Trace inverter created the modern inverter, gets bought by xantrex, the engineer team goes outback and designs a new inverter leaves and forms outback goes so far as to name all their product “fx” something or other. Its supposed to mean “f%$k Xantrex” . The other half of the engineering team leaves xantrex and forms Magnum energy. Years later xantrex is bought up by Schneider. Our problem in the solar world is Schneider being an industrial electrical company distributes them through standard electrical suppliers. We can’t get them at a decent price not being their preferred electrical clients. I think its a mistake on their part because solar residential is more and more of the pie. I may be wrong and its all perception but finding a company that does residential installing them would be the exception not the norm.

1 Like

Interedting David because when I got a quote it was for Schneider controls. But the guy who put the quote together was also a controls engineer who went into installing solar systems. I had heard that story before but couldn’t remember the sequence.
But after looking at the quote I think I will do it all myself. Especially as it will be ground mounted.

1 Like