Supercharger videos?

ok so im tring to buy a supercharger i found the perfict one now i dont acctualy plan to run much boost oly like 1-2 it basicaly only there to over come the the restriction that the gasifier casuse the motor now i aware of all the extra demands this might cause but with this post im looking to see if ant one has videos of a supercharged unit other than the “bever energy” video B/C that guy dosent really go into much depth of how much power you would have to gain… on a side note im putting the super charger for gas as well to over come the altitude problem i know that a turbo might be better for this but the cost of the sys i designed with a supercharger is like 10X cheaper than the turbo and more controllable so links please or anything i might be over looking
i have been building muscle cars and high horse power engines for along time but this will be my first “supercharged” engine i have done a turbo 440 but never a blower im REALLY existed =) its all up to my credit card now i hope it holds lol

2 Likes

I wanted to make sure you was aware that Beaver Energy’s supercharged car made an official top speed of 47 mph on a mile run 8 or 9 years back .

When supercharging a gasified vehicle we are opening a can of worms.

When supercharging a gasoline or diesel vehicle we have all the the fuel available we need and we are supplying a means to consume the fuel a lot faster. With a gasified vehicle our first concern is making the gas before we can burn it. If we tune the gasifier so it will supply enough fuel for a supercharged vehicle and enough power to go fast, at slower speeds it will run cold and create a lot of problems .

I think it is much better to tune the gasifier to take care of the lower power needs and if or when you need more power add in a little gasoline .

8 Likes

thats easy for a fule injected car but there is no way to itroduce small amounts of gas with a carb

what is the wood gas land speed record i have allready had my VW past 60 mph??

1 Like

el mirage is about an hour away for me i plan on going there with my cousin who dose land speed racing and running my car in the open class i was going to do this in 2015 but life fell on me but IM BACK lol =)

2 Likes

Sure it is possible. My Mercedes has a K-jet injection wich is in some ways similar to a carbourator. I have the throtle arranged that upon pressing the pedal, the woodgas throtle opens first and when it comes to WOT, a second throtle body starts to open adding petrol/air mix in with the woodgas/air mix. All automatic and care free.

6 Likes

look guys i just want the super to over come the altitude on gas and wood gas and i prefer if im going to be running on wood to have it not use gasoline at all i really want to just take the carbs and gas tank out and run strictly on wood i have AAA with 100 mile towage its stupid my car runns so much better on wood than on gas CA gas SUX!!!

1 Like

OK. Pulse 20 characters

1 Like

well with my sys anyways my carbs are capped and no air goes threw them when its on wood gas

1 Like

Hi Xioe, if you are planning on not running on petrol fuel at all, then for get about a supercharger and bring your compression up on the engine. Not sure of the cost to do it on a VW engine. But it will run better on wood gas.
One other question I have is, have you found the best spot on your timing advancement, for when running on wood gas. If I do not change it back from wood gas advance timing to normal petrol timing my truck will not run very good when running on petrol.
Bob

2 Likes

:timing: to tell you the truth i havent noticed much difference were i set it
:compression on a vw engine its super easy its just changing the shims under the berols and it changes your deck hight them math dose the rest =) and i am in the opposite mind of thinking hydrogen cant be compressed very well b4 it blows by the rings so im thinking lower thw compression and as a blower we wont know untl till we try =)…and thats half the fun of wood gas =)

2 Likes

When I change my timing while going down the road from my adjustable cable. It is very noticeable. It is jumping to the next point in the rotor cap and then the computer does the rest over the timing adjustment, V-8 92 OBD 1 system.
I take it your VW engine is older with no OBD 1 at all.
Bob

1 Like

Many have reported improved performance by increasing CR. Most suggest up to 14:1. At least one lab found no problem running a spark converted diesel at 17:1on producer gas.

2 Likes

I can not remember for sure but I thought I could add gasoline with the MEN carb. But that was back in 1981 any now a smokey memory.

2 Likes

its from 1976 there is no management

1 Like

im going my own way =)

1 Like

Many have and found success. I call it experimenting.
Bob

2 Likes

i call it fun time =)

2 Likes

Bobmac-
Tell us/me more about the timing change.
-Do you have an idea of the number of degrees of change?
-When you say “jumps to the next point on the rotor cap”, doesn’t that stop the engine or at least make it misbehave badly?
-Do you change timing to try to match gas quality?

Pete Stanaitis

1 Like

Hi Pete, this is on the 1991-1995 Dodge Dakotas V-8
318 cu in OBD 1 this computer management system does not care if you advance to the next rotor pin firing order. The computer seems to have around 20 degrees of adjustment it can do electronically. For every pin point on the rotor is a 45 degrees change. 360 * ÷ 8 = 45 * . I have not put a timing light on it or a dwell meter on it going down the road, so I can not tell you what it is run at in advance degrees running on wood.
If I move the advancement back to normal for petrol fuel, I notice a power loss.
This is the way that @Wayne set it up and it works great.
If @SteveUnruh can cut in he probably fill you in on all the details of how this OBD 1 system works.
This would be different on a 6 cylinder engine.
360 * ÷6=60 * change on the rotor from one pin to the other.
4 cylinder engine
360 * ÷4=90 * change on the rotor from one pin to the other.
The V-8 engine is just right for this rotor pin change up.
Bob

2 Likes

The OBD1 Ford 5.0/5.8 is the same. When I was running the 5.8 on wood I would move it one plug wire advanced. If the dist. turns ccw you move the dist. cw, or visa-versa. My Ranger OBD2 does it on it’s own.

4 Likes