Tarred motor cleaning

Good morning Bruce S Just curios what you get in miles out of soft wood char on 15 gallons,?? I get about 18 miles on that much dryed wood.

So far as about 8 barrels of pine and cotton wood i have had no sticky or sticking throtle plates out of all four plates includeing the carb plates. Just that i ran about 250 pounds of wood through the motor with no hay filter, even then no sticky throtle plates, just excess soot in short time.Not really a good test till warmer than freezeing weather, because any excess water or tarry moisture that might have made its way too the motor freeze’s in bottom of the hay filter area and metal pluming.

Arm chair data spec.1 liter petro = 1.5 KG CHARCO. 3.8 LITERS in ONE GALLON. TIMES 1.5 KG = 5.7 KG. CHARCO PER GALLON PETRO. SO 5.7 KG = 12.5 pounds charco per gallon petro. NOT ADDING WATER OR EXOUST COOLING.OR ANY OTHER VARIABLES.

I get about 3 miles to a gallon of charcoal.

1 Like

I wounder how much waiste veg oil could be driped in without oiling things up too much, or dirtying up emmision readings.And too much could make for an oil fire and implosion in the hopper.

Thanks for the real world driveing results on charco use per mile on the little mg triumth.