Tesaludian man 2 propane tank

Anyone built one of this guys gasifer? Looks pretty simple but components larger than most recommended sizes for generator use.

5 Likes

Do you mean Mr Teslonian?

His gasifiers don’t crack tar, plenty of people have made them and posted on the forum about their problems.

8 Likes

The main issue with Mr Teslonian is he’s a sort of Gimmick/Fad alt energy guy, and he’s sponsored on YouTube. He will jump into the next fad and never follow up.

Like his Chevy LUV truck. He never did a follow-up with his gasifier he built for that. His gasifier for that truck looks like he tried to build a Mother Earth News gasifier without buying the plans.

If you want to build a gasifier from tanks I highly suggest you get the Mother Earth News plans or get the Ben Peterson Wood Gasifier Builder’s Bible. Both can power generators or vehicles and there’s examples of both doing so.

14 Likes

As a new builder struggling to get my first gasifier up and running, my personal experience Mr teslonian and you tubers like him can lead you down a bad path that mostly comes to a dead end. You are lucky you found the DOW - these guys here can help lead you in the right direction if you are wanting to build.
I wish I had found this place first and bought a good book on the subject. Even though I am 90% of the way through my project - I am probably going to buy the book on this site and upgrade my membership soon just because of all of the information I have been given here. It is a wealth of information and these guys here are the best.

9 Likes

Thank you! Ive been trying to convey this as well. Its not that simple!

9 Likes

I watch a lot of reality TV.
It sure looks easy…

5 Likes