Test

Is that your shop assistant Terry?

I tried to submit this 3 times. I copied the text, backed out to ‘What’s new’, clicked back in and able to post when I pasted the text

We’re still tinkering… Keep up the errors guys! Theyre really useful right now. As in next half hour or so.

Hi Chris,
I tried to post today in Forums, Charcoal gasifiers, “Making charcoal in a stove” by David Baille. I got the “Forbidden” message. Quit and logged on again, same results.
Pepe

Hello Pepe

If the site could be fixed with a chain saw, welder , ax or sledge hammer I would be in here slugging away. I know this is way over my head but maybe we will be back to normal before to long.

Thanks
Wayne

Hi Wayne,
I know things will get back to normal and as Chris said, every error report helps that along. I have the same tools as you that I feel way more comfortable with. Take care,
Pepe

Hi Pepe and others,

Thanks for the bug reports. I really need a timestamp and/or the contents of the failed post (email me) in order to diagnose the problem. I’m making a list of the errors we get and we’ll have another bug hunt soon.

Give the time as close as you can using a computer clock and include the timezone. For example it’s 9:34 AM EST here now.

This is the first time I have been able to get the Forum to load in about a week. Yeah!
Loud an clear - from here…

Al D

Images now pop out, but the View Original link is missing…

EDIT: Fixed it a different way. Now you just click the picture, it pops out a bit larger and has full screen arrows, bottom right. Click those to get the full screen image, right on the same page.

They will take a bit longer to load now in pop-out view, sorry dialup users. It only loads once you click the popout. Once it’s loaded it should stay in your browser cache.

Hi Chris, Here’s the body of the text ( may have some very slight edits) and the properties of the file I made shortly after the bug.
The “error message” was recorded on 12-12-2014 @11:24 pm. I don’t think its related to first bug, but I could be mistaken. This is EST zone.
Will start keeping better notes.
Pepe

Chris, I tried to start a new forum topic with a long, multi-paragraph post. I was refused. Then I tried to start it again with a one-liner. It worked. (Brian Woodrow’s 1973 F-350 360ci 4 speed manual) Then I continued adding paragraphs until I was refused. So I started a new post.

I tried uploading photos, but it gave me the same type of error message as Richard above. I don’t have screenshot capture, so I can’t send it to you.

Also, I noticed that when editing my posts, I have an administration feature that I don’t think I should have. Maybe that is where the problem lies: the server thinks I’m an administrator when I’m not, and that causes some kind of error.

Hope this helps.

Hi Chris
Thanks for all the work trying to get the site up to speed again!
I tryed to post on Brian W 's thread, I added a smiley face and it gave me a 80 error.
7am Central African time or British mean time .
Thanks Patrick

HI Chris,
Wasn’t there an ‘add content’ button on the left of the ‘what’s new’ page? For some reason I’m having a hard time finding out how to start a new thread.

I was thinking the same about the add button. I had to go to my blog, and start a new one there about condensate tanks. It came up on what’s new, but don’t know if others can see it ,no responses yet.

Is the forum sort of down or has there just been no posts all day? I can read everything but 11 hrs of no posts in the middle of the day is strange.

Seems to be working now at least…

1 Like

Hello Brian .

I have videos coming but it will be in the morning . Computer very slow at uploading to youtube .

3 Likes

procrastination, waiting for time and few more peice’s too drive on wood.picture test.

1 Like