The air we breathe

If i review our work here in Thailand , then President Trump must be right…
Air pollution might be a hoax, fake news, because its a source of sustainable energy…

I am very proud to be part of a larger world wide group researchers, engineers, university’s, industrials.
Together we develop technology, perform research, do practical engineering, build equipment and put things to the test…

We are using “air pollution” as fuel with the help of bio carbon material.
At this moment we have a proven track record of 2 million miles driven with vehicles and more then 2,4 million megawatts of energy produced.

Used as fuel: 425,000 ton of air polluting Carbon Dioxide…
We obtain a higher energy conversion then fossil fuels ( more then 30% better efficiency )
We can produce substitute for any existing fossil based fuel
No need to convert existing cars and other generators.

The point: The tech exists, is available, only to be used…

Again, i am proud to be one of those that care about the air YOU breathe…

7 Likes

For those not familiar with what is meant: everybody who wears the label “I DOW” is part of the practical engineers…
We have the confirmed blessing from at least 1 university, more to follow…

4 Likes

I am pretty sure when trump talks about saving beautiful clean coal that isn’t the same thing as DOW. One definitely has a different impact on air quality then the other… I know your joking but just saying…

4 Likes

I believe that Koen is absolutely correct in forecasting that the best future of humanity on Earth will involve switching to the Bio-Carbon Cycle as opposed to the fossil-fuel cycle which still dominates global energy fuels. however, we haven’t arrived just yet, and without the fossil-fueled initial climb out of the horse-powered past into the current modern world, there would BE no current modern world. And come to think of it, tragically, much of the technologies that we all take for granted were derived from heavily subsidized government research and development efforts by major military establishments due to verylarge and destructive wars…
In other words, the world has paid a heavy price to get to where we are today.
And it has been noted, that if we were to have a world war using all the nuclear stockpiles,
there would not be enough fossil fuels left to climb back to the level of technology we have globally achieved.
We are rapidly approaching that “third-stage separation” event where we have run out of adequate fossil fuel to even maintain the level of global civilization that we now have, and must learn to operate on re-newable biology-based fuels, and use them most efficiently. I predict that we will have to learn to farm algae in the oceans for gasification feedstock at scales that will boggle our minds, before this is through…

5 Likes

I will NOT make any comment on Trump. He is just too polarizing. Leave it at that. I will make a comment on air pollution. The biggest offender is the diesel truck. Coal plants have scrubbers. Coal plants in China are responsible for destroying thousands of hectares of farmland, polluted with metallic and radioactive fly ash. No scrubbers. They are building out solar farms as fast as possible.
In the West, they have mandated diesel particulate filters. I maintain them and, know them well. The diesel ash is just the wrong size to be absorbed into the blood stream, in the lungs. The DPF was a good advanvcement. The other big problem was; oxides of nitrogen The Europeans first came up with selective catalytic reduction. This system injects urea into the exhaust stream. The NOX formerly caused the chest pains that you felt on a smoggy day. You can now be inside a closed shop with a running diesel and, not choke.
America reached “peak cheap oil” a few decades ago. Fracking is not the answer because of the well-depletion rate. To keep the current production going, big oil needs 1.5 million new wells at a cost of $4.5 trillion dollars. They have been operating at a loss for years.
Chevron borrowed from the credit martkets to pay stock dividends.
Here is where I go out on a limb. In the mid-60s, Philo Farnmsworth invented the television tube, and MANY other tubes. He invented one in particular that produced controlled fusion. This was during they heyday of big oil. His employer shut things down very quickly.
Since then many people have bullt replicas. You can even buy a kit. This brings us to today. The big oil squeeze is on and the State is finally letting the Farnsworth fusion device out of the closet.

Why do I write about this on a woodgas forum? Things are turning very dark and, we all need a reason to hope for a better future. We all know that the whole world can’t run on woodgas. The destruction from fracking is very obvious. While solar, wind and geo are good for stationary applications, only oil serves for shipping. America uses 19.1 mbd and half of that is used on the road. Woodgas is just a small niche for transportation.
This isn’t meant to be a political post or a “free energy” post. It is meant to be a message of hope as the days get darker.

2 Likes

Hi WD,

I use

merely as catalyst… to gain on momentum, believe me, its needed…

Using fossil fuels is taking oxygen from the air and in return giving it Carbon dioxide… only polluting not cleaning up the mess we make…
Yes, talking … but zero doing…

on the other hand, using wood as fuel, is taking Carbon dioxide from the air, giving back oxygen, use the energy from it, then releasing only as much carbon dioxide as we did take first… less if we replace concrete by wood products…

Why would we defend the use of fossil fuel if the same energy can come from wood, but , proven, with wood having a much better carbon footprint and overall a more efficient energy balance ?

I prefer the air that we breath to be less polluted, so i DO with WOOD…

The factory i work with for their energy needs turned down the use of fossil fuels 30 years ago… they pay the price: double of costs compared with using coal…

Now, thats a statement they made… being clean and sustainable…

Now they want to turn into gasification with some of my work incorporated… recycling CO2 and turning that into clean energy…

Renting land from farmers for growing bamboo as fuel, paying those farmers also for their time as employee’s

Now generating clean energy can be done… but never with fossil fuels…

another part of the plan: with gasification , simultanious, making liquid fuels ranging from gasoline, diesel and synthetic LPG… For their own use and for the people working here…

That is a clean energy vision…

3 Likes

Actually there is more then enough solar and wind energy to support our society. It is something on the order of enough solar power hits the earth in one hour to power mankind for one year but I don’t remember the actual quote on it. The issue is storage of that solar energy for times when we need it. Trees are a great battery in that respect. We have proven in the past we demand more energy then trees can produce as we deforested regions before the coal age. But in ballance with renewable energy sources like wind solar and hydro bio carbon definitely has a place in our energy future. The biggest lesson of our times is there will be no single source solution to the energy needs of the future.

3 Likes