The Barrel in Barrel in Barrel gasifer

I don’t want to hijack Mr. Bobs topic so I will be brief.

The gasifiers in those days and places were competing on the roads with pedestrians , horses and bicycles .

Now days it is common to be in bumper to bumper traffic at 70-75 mph :frowning_face:

Edit

Mr. Bob

This being your truck and short clip I will post :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Speaker claimed methane.

2 Likes

Hi Wayne, I do not consider talking about gasification and any input on my planned build Hijacking. I love that old video. Only 8 nozzles the old firetube design I am rebuilding right now. There is no wood gas automixer just manual controlled. And you going down the freeway 75 + miles per hour.
With my auto mixer I can get up to 75 mph but it takes a long time to get there on flat ground. I still believe the truck has lost some of the performance that it once had. Even with the new fire tube I can not over pull the gasifer. 1 7/8" opening for wood gas at the mixer is the restiction point, Instead of two, 2" wood gas openings at the mixer, and manual control on the air.
This next unit will have manual control for mixing the air.
Thank you for the video.
Bob

3 Likes

Yes thanks Steve, Henry, Tom, Joni, and JO, for your imput.
The short period of time 1940 to 1945 they use these styles of gasification and they worked, with lots of man power maintenance to keep all the gasifers going. And at the time it was the best technology they had developed. When the war ended the gasifer were going head to the recycling pile when they were no longer needed. They had now gasoline and diesel fuel again to use.
Now today only 1 in 1,000,000 people use this wood gas technologies in the world. I am glad I stand with you all as a part of that group of wood gasification people.
Trying to build a light weight gasifer is a real challenge like Joni has done. Can it have any of the WK fire tube build in it? Some things but not the heavy firetube design. So over on
the WK premium members I am reworking the old WK firetube to make it lighter.
The Three barrel design going the change, to much weight. I love constructive criticism… if you see me making a mistake tell me. This is why I putting it on paper first. All of this imput has been excellent.
The concept I am try to achieve here is using the common barrels no a salvage barrels. Small ones like Joni uses for smaller gasifers running 4 cylinder engines and larger barrels for the larger gasifer running 6 and 8 cylinder engines. Thanks again for all the imput.
Bob

3 Likes

I think that nothing can be done easier and more efficiently than such a gas generator. Another thing is this design needs to be equipped with a steam and resin condensation system. Which will allow her to be almost flawless.

this is a restored copy of the Visko factory production

4 Likes

What did you use to bend that pipe the nozzles are in, Joni? I’d sure like to see more details of that unit.

2 Likes

May initial search did not give me the information I wanted. BUT you and others are making me think and look beyond for the answers for this I Thank you and everyone else for the brain exercise.

Blessings
Tomw

2 Likes

Ceramic matrix composites

Matt said something about this . Wanting to make some part of a gasifier out of ceramics . Some are using nozzles made out of different material . Some where in there is the difference between tar and ink which is an reaction with iron . There is a number of jet engines built . at one time there were no jet engines built but there were a lot of wood gasifiers .

Tom,
the unit couldn’t be easier! My 4.0 version was a copy of it (tuned to my motor) and was supplemented with a bunker heating. She showed herself well and it was very easy to assemble it. At the time when I used this system, I did not yet have information about such a design of the cleaning system, so I decided to go further. Returning now to this system, I think that this is a very good and workable thing. When making my gas generator to make an air nozzle ring for the air nozzles, I just bought four 3/4 "steel water pipe corners and welded them in a circle.

2 Likes

these are the photos that we managed to find about my version # 4.:grin:

6 Likes

the process of working on the gasifier version # 4 го

7 Likes

enamel finish would prevent erosion pin hole of gasifier

Ha,ha, Joni even in your country you are referring the gasifer in the female from. Yup,
You understand Gasifers.
Bob.

2 Likes

Hello,
this is a cross cut of the WISCO-gasifier Joni is referring to:

Just scroll down a bit. Truly a clever and compact design.
It is the web page and car of Daniel Hagen in Switzerland. Many of you should know him.

12 Likes

Excellent Til.
The sites to-English-text is near 100%.
Pictures shows his added grate motor actuator. He refers to an added system on-demand shaker.
The YouTube video lower down watched on YouTube CC/translates to English ~90%. And he explains his “bet” long time in winning. Clearly states he kept this duel-fuel gasoline.
S.U.

1 Like

Thanks Tel. I thought I recognized the Opel when I saw the back bu,mper he made. I have been envious of that car since I saw the first report. And then he came out with that ‘‘cherry’’ Model A. TomC

1 Like

Okay I got things on the right thread this time, sorry Joni it is late here and I was commenting about your gasifer but I wanted on my thread.
The Barrel in a Barrel in a Barrel has change thanks to Joni and other members you know who you are. The problem I have is I want to build everything way to heavy so the only way I can build a light weight gasifer is to copy a proven design that will work on my Subrau Outback. The drawings above is what I think mite work. As always your input is always welcome, I like constructive criticism and you can hurt my feels because I have alright be wrong on this build from the starting of the first drawings. Lol
You just got to love it.
Bob

3 Likes

Bobmac,
all this is good, but you need to raise the tuyeres upwards by about 10-15 degrees, and you do not need an “umbrella” above the air supply ring, it will be made with coal … You need to be guided by this picture.

That gas generator (with air supply through a pipe is designed for a 5.5 liter engine but with a low compression ratio (6: 1). And one more thing, I would make a grill. The tables show the dimensions for engines 3.25 and 5.5 liters.

4 Likes

What is that business where the pipe to the nozzle ring feeds through the shell. I wish I could expand this view.

1 Like