The DriZzleR - open top gasifier

I have mature birch on my land producing chaga. Little known fact, there is a very similar fungus that grows on the upper branches of trembling aspen. I have no idea if it is known to science, or what properties it has, but given that it is growing on aspen bark, it should certainly be good for a headache… :wink:

2 Likes

You can not prove it there is not enough money to prove it .
I put these post together for an world antibiotic resistance symposium . Did not get to use them .
When I got an infected minor cut . I would buy a new tooth brush and a new bar of soap . I would scrub out the wound with the tooth brush and soap and fill wound with sugar and bandage it .
I did repeat this . The wound healed rather fast .

Healthline

Honey on Wounds: When, How, Safety, and Effectiveness

Is it true you can use certain honey on wounds? We look at when it’s appropriate for wound care. How the pros use it safely. And what can make honey effective for healing.

bbc.com

The hidden healing power of sugar

Doctors are finding one way that sugar can benefit your health: it may help heal wounds when antibiotics fail.

Murandu always noticed that sugar seemed to help heal wounds more quickly than no treatment at all. So he was surprised when, having been recruited to come to work as a nurse for the UK’s National Health System (NHS) in 1997, he found that sugar wasn’t being used in any official capacity. He decided to try to change that.

To treat a wound with sugar, all you do, Murandu says, is pour the sugar on the wound and apply a bandage on top. The granules soak up any moisture that allows bacteria to thrive. Without the bacteria, the wound heals more quickly.

Concern over antibiotic resistance has increased interest in other potential treatments, like sugar

Evidence for all of this was found in Murandu’s trials in the lab. And a growing collection of case studies from around the world has supported Murandu’s findings, including examples of successful sugar treatments on wounds containing bacteria resistant to antibiotics. Even so, Murandu faces an uphill battle. Funding for further research would help him reach his ultimate goal – to convince the NHS to use sugar as an alternative to antibiotics. But a great deal of medical research is funded by pharmaceutical companies. And these companies, he points out, have little to gain from paying for research into something they can’t patent.

The sugar is the plain, granulated type you might use to sweeten your tea
The sugar Murandu uses is the plain, granulated type you might use to sweeten your tea. In the same in vitro trials, he found that there was no difference between using cane or beet sugar.

2 Likes

We need to start a new topic for alternative cures, I have always been very interested in this.

2 Likes

Would someone like to test wood vinegar ? Plain white vinegar test better them many hospital cleaners .

Micro-Kill Bleach Germicidal Bleach Wipes shown to kill Candida auris.
Northfield, Ill., June 14, 2019
For the first time, hospitals and clinics have a tool to combat Candida Auris (C. auris) a multidrug resistant fungus that can cause serious infections in hospitalized patients. Medline today announced the EPA has cleared its Micro-Kill Bleach Germicidal Bleach Wipes to be marketed as killing the fungus on hard, non-porous surfaces. The fungus, which has a mortality rate of 35%, has been shown to linger in healthcare facilities despite efforts to eradicate it with traditional disinfectants. The fungus, which can be difficult to treat, has caused outbreaks worldwide, including New York and Chicago.

ASSOCIATION OF FOOD AND DRUG OFFICIALS
RESOLUTION NUMBER 2019-01
Submitted by: Erik Bungo, Regional Director, Central Atlantic States Association of Food
and Drug Officials (CASA)
Date: July 9, 2018
Concerning: Charcoal aka Activated Carbon Used as a Food or Beverage Ingredient
Whereas, the culinary use of charcoal aka activated carbon is becoming increasingly popular
as a food and beverage ingredient to color them black for an exotic, fashionable appearance,
for an earthy, smoky taste, and for its supposed health benefits, which however are not proven,
and
Whereas, public health and safety risks may be associated with non-food grade charcoal or
activated carbon when consumed frequently over time as an ingredient in food or beverage
products, and
Whereas, according to 21 CFR Part 184, Direct Food Substances Affirmed as Generally
Recognized as Safe, charcoal and activated carbon is not specifically mentioned as a generally
recognized as safe (GRAS) direct human food ingredient, and
Whereas, the source of the activated charcoal may be unknown and may contain heavy metals or
residual plastics, and
Whereas, although consuming activated charcoal may seem like a harmless food/health trend,
there are several reasons consumers should avoid these products:

1. Activated charcoal will bind with all kinds of things including some of the vitamins, minerals,
    and antioxidants in your food and could lead to nutrient deficiency through lack of
    absorption.
  2. Activated charcoal can bind with some medications, including some antidepressants and
    anti-inflammatory medications, causing them to be less effective. Over time, this could have
    serious health consequences for some people, but it’s not explained on menus, on bottles or
    packaging where activated charcoal and food products containing activated charcoal are
    being sold.
  3. Activated charcoal slows down your bowel, absorbs water from the gut, which can lead to
    dehydration and is known to cause nausea and constipation (and black stools), and
    Whereas, the history of food and drug law illustrates the critical need for federal oversight through
    technical assistance to the states, guidance to manufacturers, information to consumers, and, where
    necessary, national legislation, therefore be it
    Resolved, that AFDO ask FDA to examine current industry use of activated charcoal in retail to
    determine if it is compatible with the requirements of FDA Model Food Code and, if use is not
    prohibited, identify appropriate controls to ensure consumer safety, and
    Be it further Resolved, that AFDO advises FDA of the need for federal leadership on the matter
    of activated charcoal used as food or beverage ingredients and for providing guidance and
    technical assistance to the states on appropriate regulatory intervention in order to avoid the
    creation of a patchwork of state regulations covering this issue.

I know weird things are used for wound healing when i was young about 10 or 11 i cut the back of my left leg on a auqa sled i made. it had a steel back wing . I cut the leg to the bone straight across the back my dad got a hand full of black axle grease and applied it to the cut then put a rag bandade on top of it. in a couple of weeks it was healed and i have no idea were that wound is it healed that good

2 Likes

I feel kind of left out here. Most of my wounds are treated with dirt, grime and grease… :thinking:

3 Likes

i have had every kind of treatment for wounds from a gas tank blew up 3rd degree burns to my face arms and hands medical anti infection drugs and wraped on plastic wrap type material dont know what it was called they said at the time dont remember cut my wrist with cain saw then walked out of the bush whent 40 miles to hospital got sewd up i dont remember the rest of treatment i have had so many supreme wound i cant remember most of them but yes i have stopped bleeding with pine gum. So dont feel left out jeff you are one of the lucky ones if you havent had a lot of wounds just try harder. ha ha ha just joking dont really try harder

2 Likes

Post that could provide information that could allow treatment , when more people need care then can provided . I think a catheter placement time of 30 seconds or less is possible .
Intraosseous infusion (IO) is the process of injecting directly into the marrow of a bone. This provides a non-collapsible entry point into the systemic venous system.[1] This technique is used to provide fluids and medication when intravenous access is not available or not feasible. Intraosseous infusions allow for the administered medications and fluids to go directly into the vascular system.[2] A comparison of intravenous (IV), intramuscular (IM), and intraosseous (IO) routes of administration concluded that the intraosseous route is demonstrably superior to intramuscular and comparable to intravenous administration (in delivering paediatric anaesthetic drugs).[3] This route of fluid and medication administration is an alternative one to the preferred intravascular route when the latter cannot be established in a timely manner. Intraosseous infusions are utilized when trauma patients have compromised intravenous access and need immediate delivery of life saving fluids and medications.[2]

Recent advent of spring-loaded
devices such as the Bone Injection Gun (BIG; Waismed,
Yokneam, Israel) and the battery-powered drill handle for the
EZ-IO (Vida-Care, San Antonio, TX) have made penetrating
the thicker bone in the adult tibia much easier. This, combined
with easily identifi able landmarks, has made the proximal tibia
the preferred site for military providers in the Battalion Aid
Stations (BAS). The U.S. Army has added the EZ-IO to the
BAS Medical Equipment Set. All deploying medical providers
are required to attend the Tactical Combat Medical Care course
where they are given hands-on training with these devices.
In the battlefi eld environment, use of IO infusion is particularly
relevant because of the type of trauma encountered, the
evacuation process, and the need for rapid access in austere
conditions.

Proximal Humerus Intraosseous Infusion: A Preferred Emergency Venous Access
James Paxton;Thomas Knuth;Howard Klausner;
Abstract
Purpose:
To assess the proximal humerus intraosseous (PHIO) catheter placement as a preferred method for venous access over conventional methods, including peripheral intravenous (PIV) and central venous catheters (CVCs), during emergency room resuscitation.
Methods:
In phase 1, conventional methods for venous access (PIV and CVC) were assessed for all patients presenting to the emergency department resuscitation bay. Outcome measures in both phases were speed, immediate complications, and pain. CVC placement was performed when PIV access was deemed impossible or when rapid volume resuscitation was needed. In phase 2, resuscitations requiring venous access or complicated by failed PIV access attempts underwent PHIO catheter placement.
Results:
Sixty-two patients received either PIV (57) or CVC (5) catheterization, and 29 patients received 30 PHIO catheters. PHIO catheter placement was significantly faster than conventional methods (1.5 [SD 1.1] versus 3.6 minutes [SD 3.7; p < 0.001 for PIV, and 15.6 minutes [SD 6.7; p < 0.0056] for CVC). No major complications were identified in either phase. Minor complications for PIV access included extravasation and placement failure. Minor complications for CVC placement included inability to thread the guidewire. Minor complications with PHIO catheter placement included placement failure, poor flow, and catheter dislodgement. Pain scores associated with PHIO insertion and infusion were higher than those associated with PIV and CVC catheter placement.
Conclusion:
PHIO catheter placement is significantly faster than PIV and CVC placement with increased minor complication profile and perceived pain. PHIO venous access is absolutely life saving when PIV or CVC placement is difficult or impossible.
https://www.teleflex.com/usa/en/product-areas/military-federal/intraosseous-access/ez-io-talon-needle-set/