Some more finding on this gasifier. Open up the hopper inspection hatch and the end of the ash drop box and clean out.
Looks like used about 2 gallons of charcoal out of less than 1 hour total run time.
Very little ash or char dust accumulation here, there was a lot more last time.
Ash and slag started to show up at the end of the top plate.
A lot less ash and slag on this longer run. Must be doing something right but what.
Nozzles look great and no crushing on the ceramic insulation yet. Must not be getting very hot there.
Here is the ash and char dust that was found below the nozzle on the curved plate.
Now with the slag on top. Still melting down some nails in every run.
I needed to make a inspection of the clycone/sock filter to see how much ash/soot and water had been collected.
Really clean in the upper bucket socks still look clean. Some ash/soot moisture has collected below in the upper chamber of the lower bucket.
Didn’t shake out of the socks much in the way of ash/soot.
Will not be cleaning this very often looks like the ash and soot in the bottom of the bucket where it belongs.
Not as much as I was expecting but the water ash/soot is in the bottom.
Okay here is some to think about for everyone: I ran the gasifier twice as long as the last run and at the last part of the run at full throttle on the vacuum blower, and there is less ash/soot. I put more exhaust into the nozzle and my Charcoal had more moisture in it.
I took the hole batch of charcoal and ran it through my grinder/trommel classifier it looks great the big pieces are smaller now. The ash/soot is all gone, ready for another run.