Test # 3 completed. The wet test, I pulled the socks out of the wash, spin dried. Everything was cleaned up.
Put the damp socks on, and put everything back together.
Run about a gallon of ash through the filter, but this time I put water in the bottom of the bucket like I had originally planned to trap the char and ash when it is forced down thorough the holes in the plate and then up into the black 4" pipe to the top of the bucket. The gas will then travel down into the second trap area and then up into the nozzles with socks attached in the top container. Here’s the out come of the test.
Very little in the second trap area above the clycone. It looks like my black pipe did not seal completely at the bottom.
Looks like most of the char and ash is in the water below. Some stuck on the black inside pipe and top of lid.
Yup the black pipe lost It’s seal on a small part. Will fix that when the hole is cut into the plate.
There was a crack in the plate that might have let char and ash through, I cut the plate to small, will make a new one.
Most of the char ash is right here in the bottom of the bucket, and looking at the under side of the liner bucket plate.
Very little dust in the gas outlet exit pipe.
The clycone marked the buck, lighter on the back of the nozzle wall. You can see the off set of the black pipe in the bucket. Seems to be working good, forcing the gas down into the holes. The next build will have a deeper sump for the water.
The inside of the sock had some char ash caking on them.
The socks look like the way I put them on.
Black gold slurry from the bottom of the bucket, some went down the sink.