The loss of a great friend

I wanted to inform everyone that Dr. Larry Winniarski passed away this morning at about 3:30. He was a great man with a heart to serve. He devoted his life to helping those who needed it. He was a great friend. He will be missed.
Likes will mean “My Condolences” I will make sure his family gets them.
There is a possible memorial service at the end of the month but nothing planned yet. Possibly something online for those a long ways off. I will let y’all know.
If anyone has any stories about Dr. Larry or something they would like to share with the family post it here and I will make sure they get it.

We took this Picture with him when we were taking Luke’s graduation pictures.

And one of us on our trip up to Argos 2019 (Wayne took the pic)

22 Likes

A few from 2009 when we first met him.

12 Likes

A great man. Enjoyed meeting him at Argos.
Prayers for friends and family, my heart goes out to you all. Thank you for sharing Jakob, he will be missed. Yehovah will be with you all in His Word Yeshua.
Bob

6 Likes

A little background on Dr. Larry for newer members…https://rocketstoveinstitute.org/larry/?fbclid=IwAR1ZzSzWFCQrpaIVAJalY81L3CG5ntLGEjpQjCWlndMKllPx9TpQ7mvlK1c

8 Likes

It was an honor to get aquainted with him. He will surely be missed.

6 Likes

This was not a post l expected or hoped for this morning… A great loss. Driving to Argos we had hours to talk trugh. He was one of wery few people you culd talk about just about any technical thing and he wuld have something relevant to contribute.

9 Likes

What Kristijan said.
I remember our last meal on US soil was with Dr Larry in Chicago two years ago.

9 Likes

Very sorry to get this news. Dr Larry will be missed.

7 Likes

It was an honor to talk to Larry at Argos around the lunch table and despite his great achievements he was such a humble man and was quick to share his faith. He will be missed!

8 Likes

A sad day. I enjoyed sitting at the table with him at Argos 2019, drawing sketches and discuss details with Dr Larry and the other DOERS in the wood gas world.

Too bad Jakob’s trip was delayed as his road trip across America would have been a highlight for Larry. But like most adventures the planning, anticipation is a large part.

7 Likes

Last time at Argos I was afraid to show Dr Larry my most recent attempt at a rocket stove because it wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do (make noise and have a good looking burn) he gently brought me back to the real intension of the stove GET THE HEAT ON THE POT and my stove would do just that. Sometime you need a reality check. I will remember that teaching lesson

10 Likes

Dr Larry was truly a great friend and i enjoyed being around him at Argos HE WILL TRULY BE MISSED

8 Likes

i am a person of few words when it comes to posting but i had to add one or to more things i always loved the way his wheels were turning he had that kind of mind and i had the privilege of helping him a few times, my prayers go out to all those who will miss him.

11 Likes

I remember picking up Dr. Larry and Mr Billy North at the airport. What a fine person and spirit Dr. Larry is. I wish him well with his doings in heaven. He will never be forgotten. The best thing we can do for him is to continue progressing out passion for innovation of practical technology. I think he would like that.

15 Likes

Larry Memorial Invite with Zoom Link (1).pdf (806.6 KB)

1 Like

Reg Guard Proof.pdf (79.4 KB)

1 Like

It was an honor and pleasure to meet Larry at the 2018 meet, picked up some wise advise on my rocket stove mass heater build from him. I look forward to a reunion in Heaven with him and lots of great people who have already gone on before. Thanks for the update on Larry!

7 Likes