The truth about Ukraine

Here are basic information for Ukrainian people.

Oranzove.pdf (1.3 MB)

I sent an email to Katya already. Hope for good response.

7 Likes

I am in touch with Katya so no worries!

12 Likes

https://youtu.be/A-6hKtEp99c
Правдиво про головне

5 Likes

That’s great, @KristijanL. Makes a lot of Hope.

7 Likes

I have no words for it. Mad and sad the same time. How desperite are when you ask to take care of your child? She is the same age as my daughter

6 Likes

I hope all of your family will make it out alive. Are you in the cellar of your home or in a community bomb shelter? I have heard that the militaries are shooting people out on the roads east of Kyiv.

3 Likes

Did Spain really blow up the Main?
Did the North Vietnamese really attack the US in the Gulf of Tonkin?
Were there really weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
Was Osama Bin Laden from Afghanistan?
American leadership has a way of lying America into wars.
WWI started in June 1914…the US didn’t enter until April of 1917.
WWII started in September 1939…the US didn’t enter the war until December 1941.
America sat on it’s hands during the battle of Britain in 1940.
America seems to wait too long during righteous wars.
And then there is this…
Jan 2004 to Feb 2020 there were 14,000 drone strikes in four different countries with 20000 people dead.
Conventional warfare help doesn’t look good for Ukraine.
But…if we sent in the drones…

I bet anyone who served in the 3rd ID in Europe during the 1980s is screaming at their TVs now. I know I am.

7 Likes

Joni,
For some of us, Prayer is the only effective weapon we have. Our “Statesmen” do not listen to our begging for them to help you. Prayer Helps, you don’t need to agree, I will keep praying! God Bless All of You!! In Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God We Trust!! I know many in Ukraine have lost faith. Don’t lose hope!
Джоні,
Для деяких з нас молитва є єдиною ефективною зброєю, яку ми маємо. Наші «державники» не слухають нашого благання, щоб вони вам допомогли. Молитва допомагає, не потрібно погоджуватися, я буду молитися! Благослови вас усіх!! Ми довіряємо Ісусу Христу, Сину Бога Живого!! Я знаю, що багато людей в Україні втратили віру. Не втрачайте надії!

10 Likes

Thank you Mike. Truth is truth in any language we speak and Almighty God The YEHOVAH the creator of everything understands all languages. In His beloved Son Name Yesuha the Word of God.
It is written: Call out loud my Name, YEHOVAH and I YEHOVAH will hear your cries for help.
If only the whole nation would just do this. It starts with just one person then two then three then more until millions are shouting His Name for help. Then YEHOVAH with His Word Yesuha would crush the oppressors with His Might of His Nature. No man can stand up to His Might of Power.

Bob

5 Likes

Then it probably doesn’t look that good for civillians…

The main problem is if you start a war, it doesn’t come out of the US budget, so it is a way to spend money without it being approved for the budget since there is no budget for war. They can deficit spend, which to some extent pumps up our economy. However, other countries have interest in the US spending money to prop up their own economy now as well because we have such a huge trade defict, some of that money is bound to end up in their country.

Our current inflation issue revolves around the fact we spent too much money for covid relief and it was reactionary spending that wasn’t terribly well planned out. (I’m not arguing about the need for it, just the monetary policy side.)

Biden wanted to work with NATO to get this resolved, rather then to directly go in. He wanted to avoid a unilateral conflict. But the main problem is the EU countries are tied to Russia economically, so even the sanctions are significantly weaker then they could be.

It is far more complicated on the world stage, then just going in. The fastest way to resolve this is for the Ukranians to hold out and have Putin be disgraced and most likely poisoned but I don’t think Ukraine prepared for this.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/flash43191300

Досить правдиво, щодо подій російсько-української війни.

3 Likes

@Joni @KristijanL @KKubu

Kristijan and Kamil, as you’re the closest and you’ve already been in touch with Joni’s daughter, tell me if there’s anything I can do from up here.

9 Likes

When we are Blessed we then can help others with what we are being Blessed with.
Just be thankful and then help others who are in need. I am with you JO, I feel bad inside myself with tears for all the people who are suffering right now.
So as a group of DOW members, a family of brothers and sisters how can we all help? And I mean in a form of action to help.

6 Likes

I received two e-mails from her yesterday. She is unharmed, but very much frightened. She is stuck in Cernihiv northeast of Kyiv without chance for escape. There Is next to nothing we could do until she reaches the EU borders. Unless one of you is retired SEALS with pack of old comrades and few copters spared.

8 Likes

Not a SEAL, but there are many in the neighborhood talking about the idea. Truth is though, it’s a really bad situation…with very few options for us here to do much., unless of course someone happens to have a surface to air anti-aircraft missile platform just lying around.
Our leaders have manuevered us into a very small corner.

Please let us know if there is anything we outsiders can do.

9 Likes

An Amphicar with a gasifier might help. :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah I am not seeing a clear way out on foot. It doesn’t look like friendly borders on the east either like even Khazistan doesn’t border. However, supposedly people are attacking the 40 mile long russian caravan, which means there are friendly folks that might be able to help her across the highway… and I am guessing someone has a boat to get across the river… But it is still a long walk.

Actually now that I think about it, a gasifier to put on an abandon russian tank might be helpful. Apparently there are a bunch of abandon ones.

2 Likes

Ukraine has a good surface to air missile system. They just got some more drones, and other weapons. They are actually doing significantly better then Putin thought. Ukraine is accepting volunteers. (apparently because of all the tank scrap metal available, Ukraine announced they wouldn’t be taxing it.)

It is a chess game. Putin threw a sucker punch. Because Branden took a completely different strategy then Putin expected, it has thrown his whole game off because now all his propaganda that was aimed at gaining him popularity, and outlines the US and NATO as the arch enemies, is not effective because they aren’t involved at all. If Ukraine can hold on, Putin’s strategy completely backfires.

I’m all for Ukraine winning and they are doing an awesome job. I am all for helping out, but i also understand there is a lot more strategy and more at play ‘officially’ then just the defense of Ukraine.

It is a chess game not a street brawl.

Here is a list of legit places to donate money. It was posted by someone local who made some really gorgeous Ukranian pysanky (decorated eggs), and I assume they are originally ukranian.

5 Likes

Hi, Joni!

Being in the city during the war is very difficult. In 2014, I once spent the night in my apartment in Donetsk in a multi-storey building. Three mines exploded 50 meters from our house. I saw this in the morning. The last floor is dangerous by folding concrete floors - I also saw this in neighboring houses. The first floor is immediately left without glass and fragments of mines pierce all the rooms. Shells also flew into the apartments of the middle floors …

Shells also flew into the apartments of the middle floors … In addition, the city is instantly left without electricity, heat, communications, water and food. I can’t imagine how much money is needed now to get to the European Union, and how much money is needed later to live there, but now my eldest son (he is also 19 years old, like your Katya) is blocked in Donetsk, and the city continues to be shelled daily. First in one area, then in another - explosions, destruction and death every day.

I cannot evacuate my son from shelling, because we have declared a general mobilization, and all men from 18 to 55 years old are caught and sent to war. The transport stopped because the drivers were taken away, or they are hiding from being drafted into the army.

For all 8 years of incessant conflict, the safest place turned out to be a remote village without a shop, without a post office, without authorities and without a school. Huge columns of military equipment passed by, first on one side, then on the other. But no one stopped here and did not create firing positions. From our village you can not see the surroundings beyond 1 kilometer. Such a topographic location. But there is water in the well, there are a lot of dry trees in the nearest forest belt, I taught my youngest son how to use a chainsaw, recently we butchered a goat together and cooked stew, my wife cooks cheese from goat milk (we have a broken refrigerator and there is no money to buy a new one), there is a basement with a supply of conservation and a supply of wheat and corn, so that you can make flour and cook corn porridge when the money for food finally runs out. There is also a gas generator, but the youngest son regrets that we did not have time to make a woodgas generator for the car and for our power plant.

Maybe you can hide your Katya in one of these villages in Ukraine? I found our village in 2013 using Google Earth. There were only 10 houses in the village and large plots of land near them.

I think you should not count on the participation of the EU or the US against Russia. Nobody wants World War III and all countries will be waiting for the capture of Kyiv to see what Putin’s next move will be. Yes, everyone will express concern, send money and weapons, but this will only prolong the war and dramatically increase the number of victims. In fact, no one needs Ukrainian land - in Ukraine, any citizen can get 2 hectares for free to grow food on it, but there were no more people who wanted to move from the city to the land after the adoption of this law. And here in the Donbass, many have already given up farming, at current prices for fertilizers, pesticides, diesel fuel and spare parts for agricultural machinery.

In the war for someone’s redistribution of power, the most important thing is to save the lives of relatives and friends, instead of searching for and punishing those responsible. I have already buried one of my sons once, but I was strong enough not to take revenge on those whose actions led to his death. Revenge burns the soul. That’s why I won’t take up arms. I have brothers and sisters on my father’s side in Russia. I have brothers from my grandfather in Ukraine. Who should I fight against? May they all stay alive and well. The war will end, and the brothers will be able to reconcile, those who remain alive. Now it seems incredible, but a normal father, having lost one son, does not send all his other children to the meat grinder, but, on the contrary, tries to save them.

But someone may decide that it is necessary to take up arms and defend some higher values ​​- well, everyone is given the right to their own choice.

Привет, Джони!

Оказаться в городе во время войны — это очень тяжело. В 2014 году я однажды ночевал в своей квартире в Донецке в многоэтажном доме. Три мины разорвались в 50 метрах от нашего дома. Это я увидел утром. Последний этаж опасен складыванием бетонных перекрытий — такое тоже видел в соседних домах. Первый этаж сразу же остаётся без стёкол и осколки мин прошивают все комнаты. В квартиры средних этажей тоже прилетали снаряды… Кроме того, город мгновенно остаётся без света, тепла, связи, воды и продуктов питания. Я не представляю сколько сейчас нужно денег, чтобы добраться до Евросоюза, и сколько их нужно потом, чтобы там жить, но у меня сейчас старший сын (ему тоже 19 лет, как и твоей Кате) заблокирован в Донецке, и город продолжают ежедневно обстреливать. То в одном районе, то в другом — взрывы, разрушения и смерть каждый день.

Я не могу эвакуировать сына из под обстрелов, т. к. у нас объявлена всеобщая мобилизация, и всех мужчин от 18 до 55 лет ловят и отправляют на войну. Транспорт остановился, т. к. водителей забрали, либо они прячутся от призыва в армию.

За все 8 лет непрекращающегося конфликта самым безопасным местом оказалось глухое село без магазина, без почты, без органов власти и без школы. Мимо проезжали огромные колонны военной техники то одной стороны, то другой. Но никто здесь не останавливался и не создавал огневых позиций. Из нашего села не видно окрестностей дальше 1 километра. Такое топографическое расположение. Но в колодце есть вода, в ближайшей лесополосе много сухих деревьев, я научил младшего сына пользоваться бензопилой, недавно вместе разделывали козу и варили тушёнку, из козьего молока жена варит сыр (у нас сломался холодильник и нет денег, чтобы купить новый), есть подвал с запасом консервации и запас пшеницы и кукурузы, чтобы можно было сделать муку и сварить кукурузную кашу, когда окончательно закончатся деньги на продукты. Ещё есть бензогенератор, но младший сын жалеет, что мы не успели сделать газогенератор для автомобиля и для своей электростанции.

Может быть у тебя получится спрятать твою Катю в одном из таких сёл на Украине? Я в 2013 году нашёл наше село с помощью Google Планета Земля. Всего лишь 10 домов было и большие участки земли возле них.

Думаю не стоит рассчитывать на участие ЕС или США против России. Никто не хочет Третьей Мировой Войны и все страны будут ждать захвата Киева, чтобы посмотреть каким будет следующий шаг Путина. Да, все будут выражать озабоченность, присылать деньги и оружие, но это лишь затянет время войны и резко увеличит количество жертв. На самом деле никому не нужна украинская земля — в Украине любой гражданин может получить 2 га бесплатно для выращивания еды на ней, но желающих переехать из города на землю не стало заметно больше после принятия этого закона. И здесь на Донбассе уже многие бросили заниматься фермерством, при нынешних ценах на удобрения, ядохимикаты, солярку и запчасти для сельхозтехники.

В войне за чей-то передел власти важнее всего сохранить жизни родных и близких, вместо поиска и наказания виновных. Я уже однажды хоронил одного своего сына, но мне хватило сил не мстить тем, чьи действия привели к его гибели. Месть выжигает душу. Поэтому я не возьму в руки оружие. У меня родные по отцу братья и сёстры в России. У меня родные по деду братья в Украине. Против кого мне воевать? Пусть все они останутся живы и здоровы. Война закончится, и родные братья смогут помириться, те кто останутся живы. Сейчас это кажется невероятным, но нормальный отец, потеряв одного сына, не отправляет в мясорубку всех остальных своих детей, а наоборот, старается уберечь их.

Но кто-то может решить, что нужно брать оружие в руки и защищать какие-то более высокие ценности — что ж, каждому дано право собственного выбора.

15 Likes

Marat, good to hear from you too. Seems you are doing relativrly fine.
You can still make a gasifier if you feel the need, we will gladly help with designing a simplest possible working sistem.

It has been 24 hours from our last contact with Katya and Joni, l hope they are ok and its just internet outage. Do you have any insight on this? Is phone signal also being effected?

15 Likes

I also hope Johnny is ok. Viber writes that he is online now.

10 Likes