The "What followed me home" thread

I have a JD 930 disc mower with fail conditioner and any vines will not clear the last disc. It will get cought on the leading edge of the mower you end up backing up and clearing it by hand. Not much fun and my fields are a mess with some nasty vines but getting better.

3 Likes

This followed us home from SC Yesterday. The extra motor has a problem with getting hot that’s why it was replaced, the barrels are full of chunked wood. The trailer is filled floor to ceiling with chunked wood. 150, 000 miles on the truck the motor has 110, 000 miles on it. Very nice build with lots of bells and whistles. The gasifier has around 10,000 miles of highway miles on it.
DSCN0058DSCN0056DSCN0059DSCN0057 DSCN0053DSCN0055DSCN0052

22 Likes

who built that truck?

4 Likes

Hi Don, that looks like Daniel Hightower’s truck that was just put up for sale the other day. Early Bird gets the worm.
Bob

7 Likes

Now you are two gasifier truck family. Good buy on the truck. If that truck would have been as close to where I live, like you, I would have bought it. Glad you bought the truck, I know it will be on the road again soon.
Bob

6 Likes

I want to know who painted that trailer!

7 Likes

Jakob, if you don’t slow down you will soon be the record holder in terms of projects and speed. Devided by age you’re already no1 :smile:

7 Likes

Hi KristijanL.
I am w-a-y behind on this issue.
Been super weeds whacking control busy. Then . . . three different family/friends post 2007 sideways V-6 DOHC vehicles all came due/overdue for their Iridium spark plugs changes. Have to top end engine dissemble for access to the back three cylinders coil-over-plugs. I bled differently for each one. A Toyota Avalon. A Ford Edge. A Hyundai Tucson.

On your multi-purpose do-all tractor . . . .
My dedicated multi-speed reversible chain driven rototiller does its work with just small-wide wheels and tires. I could only get the reversible usesage capability on a smaller diameter wheeled model.
Could you just for tilling swap over to smaller diameter wheels and tires to reduce your till-forward advancing speed??
Regards
Steve unruh

7 Likes

Probably. And l am thinking on that. Make small steel wheels like this
https://images.app.goo.gl/HeEmqJHFKDXNKZEV8
But like we say here, work shows you the way. One big advantige here is wheels come off in a second. One just pokes in the axis and tightens one bolt.

8 Likes

If you mean the box trailer I don’t Know I did not ask.

5 Likes

That was to be a funny, the truck looks good, the trailer not so much.

7 Likes

Well, I was going to show you my new truck, but Jakob beat me to it. That’s fine. I’ll just have him build me a new top hopper for it…Haha.

Other news. I was able to make the trip over to South Carolina yesterday. I had my dad drive so I could hang out in the back seat. My back didn’t give me any trouble. Some leg pain remains. It turned out to be a 19.5 hour day, and I probably did more minor work than I wanted, loading stuff…mostly putting on straps and such. Didn’t do any lifting. But I am encouraged about my back. The infection has gone.

On the same note. I was up and out all day today making training videos. Canning tomatoes and beans. Made something like 150 quarts. I’ll put up a picture on another thread. Anyway, leg is hurting, but not too bad.

10 Likes

Forgot one
DSCN9722

7 Likes

I want that Toyota forklift. But the best in my opinion is the old green pneumatic tire Mitsubishi forklifts. Beasts with decent rough ground capabilities.

Incidentally they use an indistrial version of the Mitsubishi F block , any Ford Courier or pre 85 Mazda engine should drop in as a replacement…

5 Likes

Twenty foot drop test? :thinking:

5 Likes

Price was free, may be more to get.

19 Likes

OK. So Jakob patched together the hopper on the new truck with some aluminum tape today so he could test the gasifier a little . He had it running when I came to get him to go to the doctor in town, so we decided to take it to town 14 miles and back. It was running so well when we got home, Erika and I decided to take it to Anniston (50 miles one way) . This truck is great. The rail temps are higher than most people ru them, but it is what the builder said he ran them. And he never makes tar. Anyway, I was easily able to drive all the way without filling the hopper. Had to switch to gasoline just twice on the way up, once on River Hill and once on Greenbriar Mountain. Both are really steep hills. I think once we get the hopper replaced and check it over some more, it is going to be a real good everyday truck.

13 Likes

What are the rail temps running at?

3 Likes

Between 500 and 750 drgrees F.

6 Likes

I think we must have a leak somewhere past the grate. The hopper stays under 100 F pretty much all the time. But running slow and easy as possible it stays between 550 and 750. More if you let it.

6 Likes