The workshop music

I started taking accordion lessons when I was seven. Took them until I was fourteen but I cared what my peers thought of me back then and an accordion playing geek was an embarrassment for them to be associated with. I switched to guitar. Your joke totally cracked me up Kent. You guys would love a summer trip to my town USA. They have a polka festival every summer. Big doings. This is a polish town. Apparently we are the sausage capitol of the world. Not sure I measure up to that claim. All the towns around here were settled by nationality. The next town west was German and north was Bohemian and farther north was Scandinavians.

Who knew “Take me home country roads” was a polka song.

9 Likes

And Hawaiian…

9 Likes

After i was in Tennessee for a weekend, and heard a bluegrass version of Mony, Mony, i came to the realization that all songs can cross all genres. they might of had an accordian player in that band of folks. They had about 15 people that rotated in and out. I think you got in free if you were part of the band. I’ll never forget that entire weekend.

4 Likes

like this. a Slovenian polka can be heard

7 Likes

Here’s a couple of YouTube channels I follow as they put up text lyrics. Helps me with a tweaky brain, I’ve has to bias to visual at the expense of audio brain:

6 Likes

Since music is the art of noise. Maybe this will inspire you as well. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

In 1993, when Frank Zappa died, my father, a depression baby and a much bigger fan of big band than anything post Beatles announced “That guy was a nut!” He wasn’t wrong, but I decided to play dumb and asked how. “Are you kidding me? He wrote all kinds of crazy songs like how we’re all supposed to eat yellow snow.” “No Dad,” I replied, “he specifically say’s not to…don’t you eat that yellow snow.”

8 Likes

I have easily listened to his Hot Rats album a thousand times.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=hot+rats

5 Likes

Tavelin’ music

3 Likes
4 Likes

Here Johnny Cash demonstrates how easy it is to get in and out of a Ferrari 308.

5 Likes

For our Mid-Summer music players:

American-pie-type version of accordion music. Courtesy from the UK.
Lyrics on the watch-on-YouTube below in the “more”.
S.U.

6 Likes

Boy, that brings back some memories. Haven’t heard it since the 70’s. Always good for a lascivious grin.

2 Likes

Because JO and Kristijan were reminiscing about drinking.

https://youtu.be/KsNWlM3fWmI

2 Likes

But this song is for our German speaking friends….

5 Likes

Sometimes you just like to hear something melodic.

2 Likes

Of course after the chit hits the fan you have Life in the time of war. After about two minutes you seem to lose muscle control. I thinks it’s something they are doing to the air.

3 Likes

Good one TomH.
I’ve only heard this song before. Never had the visuals. Amazing Gumby presenters.

Would have been a good song to have been used in the new Civil War movie.
S.U.

3 Likes

If you are a little kid and grown ups with beer put you on the back of a cow and laugh about you being a cow boy and the cow decides to lean your leg against the electric fence you would appreciate this song more.

7 Likes
8 Likes