These are my get rich quick ideas. Shoot them down

I think I’ll get rich quick with syngas and molton lead. It looks like two big opportunities with syngas. Carbon Monoxide is poisonous but it has other opportunities and uses.

I’d like to harvest CO and all the other gases refined to commodity quality with pre and post treatment. Distill, use charcoal.

The ratio of methane and hydrogen is good to use as is. The two can be mixed and still be treated like methane , this contamination example is a good development. You are left with Methane Plus.

1)CO has a generous hydrogen reaction if paired with water gas shift. This can be a coop plant.

2)CO is a fuel in it’s own right, why not calibrate it as such and use it as mass transit fuel? You might have to spike it with H but it’should run well. *

That’s a big deal because anyone can make that kind of fuel and this process will consume all the wood and paper in the bins

I’d like to see a syngas car using bottled CO, and hydrogen infused CNG, injected like CNG.

City gas economics look wicked good.

If CO doesn’t make it to the gas station it’s still excellent fuel for power plants

This field has lots of opportunities, you can recycle one ton of aluminum with wood fuel and make $1000 in one day. You learn that molton lead is a coolant and heat transfer fluid.

There isn’t enough hydrogen, if you want more hydrogen you have to go to space.

More that

Phillip

1 Like

Hey Philip, much respect in your research. I wish I still had my shop to continue my work but since I can’t right now I’d like to pass on a little project I did awhile back. I had experimented with all kinds of gases as alternative fuel sources for my house and vehicles including gasifiers and such. What I’m about to say is nothing you probably haven’t heard already. I ran a current through distilled water and to keep this short. Ran it to the carb of an old engine and it worked but the hydrogen basically destroyed the cylinder in the engine and I also had rusted engine parts. I milled down a porcelain coffee cup on a wood lathe (thinking about the porcelain tiles on the space shuttle). I got the motor to run but my idea was split water molecules and the reaction in the cylinder turned it back into water. The water is sent back to the fuel cell to be used again over and over this creating a vehicle or engine that gave no exhaust and only had to be fueled once. I lost my shop and house so I don’t have the resources to do these things myself anymore so I’m passing it on to someone who may have the means and mind to pull this off. Have a great day and give it a shot. Id hate to see all the work I have put into this project going to waste. Done right this could cure the world’s energy crisis. Thow me a shout-out when you hit it big and this works out. Have a good one bro

1 Like

I dont think hydrogen on demand is able to work- do too the fact that it takes tons of amps to make enough gas to run and engine. most of the motors i have seen running,were like 30 leters plugged into a wall pulling 30 amps times 220 volts to run a 5 or ten horse motor, in fact i have a 100 plate pack HHO cell setting in back of my shop on shelf–I have heard that the only way to run big engine off hho gas was if you could DIAL in some sort of MAJIC frequincy,So maybe it could be done if you find that MAJIC frequincy,if there was one i think more auto companys would switch to cars that run on hho fuel–I think my 100 pack of 7" plates stacked between hdpe and neoprene gaskets were not as perfect as recommended for max gas output. Though they might still be good as i rinnsed out the stack about 7 or 8 years ago.

3 Likes

So where’s the entropy change in this system? I think you’re making a perpetual motion machine.
Rindert

4 Likes

Off the top of my head it is called the resonance or possibly disassociation frequency. You don’t get as much energy out as you put in though.

4 Likes

I wonder how many members here would admit to trying the HHO idea? Somewhere here I still have the one I built years ago that did produce the hydrogen/oxygen mix and tried hooking it to my truck but never had any indication that it helped the gas mileage and might have even made it worse.

I did get a Chinese HHO torch that was sold as a plastic polisher. It has a very tiny torch that wasn’t powerful enough to do much more than polish the edges of plastic but did/does produce enough gas to run that tiny torch. Never checked how much electricity it uses.

I’d think wood gasification is a better idea than wasting time and money trying to get “free energy” from water but had to try it for myself. The real money is convincing other people to buy the plans with the “secret” method that the big oil companies don’t want you to know.

8 Likes

Yup, the crazy part is that those systems actually did produce results in some cases. What would happen is water vapor would be produced. When you put water vapor in the air stream it cools the air allowing more molecules of air into the combustion chamber. It also slows down the burn so it’s as if you were using higher octane fuel. Some wwii aircraft would do this. It’s an oooold trick.
Rindert

7 Likes

I had a ford fiesta and a geo metro and they both get 40 to 45 MPG with out any water mist. so maybe charco gasifier would run a long time on some of them little cars,and they have steam in the charco. or you could dry out the charco more and add in cool mist might work better. MY next project LORD WILLING- would be a charo gasifier for little car engine. Because then i could drive the small car on charco while my wood chunks are drying out enough for the truck, 2 or three weeks on a shelf in the boiler room in my shop,though i may need to vent my water jacket from the wood burner out of that room.

4 Likes

LOOKS like 20% gain unless you install 12 to 1 compresion pistons,according to this mother earth publication. I like 11 to 1 compression ,then you can still run regular gasoline with out needing water mist without spark knocking–and compression more than 10 and half to maybe 11 to 1 compression will cause spark knock with out running high test fuel-or or premium grade fuel.

1 Like

Yeah on one of my builds I machined these really nice aluminum end caps for my cell. Installed it and took a drive. The truck started to accelerate on its own!!! Yeah the sodium hydroxide made its way to those plates plus it was over flowing onto the aluminum intake of the engine making tons of Hydrogen!!.

When I parked it in the yard of the house it leaked every where. Nothing has ever grown back in that spot to this very day!! lol.

Since then Ive always wanted to make a sodium hydroxide reactor with an extruder in feed using aluminum welding wire. Ulimatly it could be a good way to recycled alum cans

3 Likes

K, so now some of us understand about water injection. This also works well for Diesels.
But what if we could just mix the water into the fuel itself. Well, it’s out there. I suspect that it’s just around the corner. Here are a couple of videos. youtube search: water in fuel emulsion
Rindert

2 Likes

OK. Being non-braniac I have a hard time figuring out what you guys are talking about. Tried to research Sodium hydroxide reactors and this was the best I could find.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0360319909008209

I was interested in homebrew hydrogen a ways back and even build a fuel cell from an Instructables thread but could see no way to make an amount of gas that real work could be done with. I’d like to hear more about Matts experience.

2 Likes

If you mix sodium hydroxide with aluminum, the acid will attack it and result will be a very strong hydrogen gas. I was thinking of a Sodium Hydroxide Bath < reactor: that you feed aluminum wire into that is controlled somehow. But figured this has to have been attempted before so my guess it wont work.

2 Likes

In the article they discussed the reaction of sodium hydroxide with biomass. I understood ( I think) that a lot of high quality fuel was made available ( see Gasification of Glucose paragraph) but that the process essentially dehydrated the mass and created tar and waste. I would have thought that in a gasification reactor the tar would have been burned just as with wood and that the addition of the sodium would just increase the amount of hydrogen being pulled out of the mass along with additional methane as evidenced by the formula in that paragraph. Perhaps one of the chemists here could explain that.

1 Like

I think getting rich is a bad idea in the first place. And getting rich quick seems like it would be worse yet. The dirty dogs who run us are rich. Better to store up your treasure somewhere in Heaven. Just saying. Surely the profit in running woodgas is all the Work we get to do in the process, And also all the wild ideas we come up with to give ourselves even more work!

17 Likes

And here I am just hoping to make enough money off of my small wood projects to renovate my shop and have power installed, haha. I think I may need to set my goals higher

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to getting rich quick but it generally means getting involved with people. I don’t like that. communication is best done in fairly short paragraphs.

13 Likes

Well, at least you didn’t have to get a mechanical engineering degree from Michigan Tech inorder to find out the HHO cell wasn’t going to give you free energy. It wasn’t HHO cell for me, it was the Fish carburetor in the back of Popular Mechanics. I thought if I went to Tech, I could figure out how that carburetor worked.

11 Likes

Lucky you. :slight_smile: Im still stuck on the Howard Johnson magnetic motor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had some crazy notion that I could make a super carburetor by boiling gasoline. LOL

1 Like