Thrive Off Grid

Thanks Bob. Yes I was including Cody but you posted before I hit send. I have been reading so much it is difficult to say who did what. The updraft build I was thinking of was the two small propane tanks stacked with the 8 inch or so pipe between to feed fuel to the lower. I was thinking of the flute nozzle as I have some heavy wall copper pipe and use Matt’s water injection nozzle on the intake. Same as a lot of you guys, take a bit of this and a bit of that and mix it all together.

2 Likes

I wanna say that’s @Jeff that did the double propane tanks with the control feed and his Air Carbon Fuel Cell. I hope Jeff’s doing alright.

3 Likes

Hi Matt , i have more or less all the bits i am going to need to copy your design for a small reactor as a test for a cross/downdraft and as i mentioned before i once tried a downdraft with poor results so if you wouldn’t mind just set my mind at rest if i ask a couple of questions , the distance from the air inlet nozzle and the grate and then through down to the gas out i found one photo of your M1 i think it was and the 2 holes looked so close together i couldn’t understand how it could work as a cross draft when it would surely just want to pull it straight down , if you can help my old brain get around this .
Also your now proven nozzle , from the photo it looked like you were using a piece of 3/4 stainless pipe knocked into your 3/4 fitting then into a 3/4 to 1 inch to screw into the body of the machine very clever idea i guess you would have had to taken down the OD of the pipe a little to allow a plug fit into the collet , and is there now a exact amount that protrudes out into the machine from the outer bushing ?

Thanks Matt just trying to picture and pinch as many ideas as possible before i mess it all up

Dave

4 Likes

They are single nozzle designs the second port is for lighting and is plugged off after ignition,.

Distance from nozzle to grate should be 8 to 10 inches with at least 12 inched in depth to the back where you draw the gas, It must be sealed at the front where the nozzle is.,

The Nozzle half inch and is pushed into a 3/4 inch nipple. the nipple is then threaded into a 1 inch to 3/4 reducer.

Hope than helps

4 Likes

Thanks Matt a slightly better understanding now once you said it must be sealed under the nozzle to draw it towards the back end where it then passes under the grate and back to the gas outlet pipe that is under the nozzle .
And wow that nozzle looked bigger than half inch in the photo that’s why i mentioned taking down the OD of the nozzle pipe , now i understand ! lol .

Thanks for that Matt I shall start building it tonight while sleeping , should be ready to run just as i wake up fingers crossed unless the wife kicks me out of bed to let the dog out .
Dave

5 Likes

Hopefully you are building no-weld Dave, or else the sparks could set the sheets on fire. Wife’s hate that.

5 Likes

Hi Tom i was going to build a no weld version , but for some strange reason while sleeping i became a welding genius and decided to weld everything together just showing off my sleeping skill welding , cant wait to see what it looks like when i wake up though :rofl:

11 Likes

Struggling. It is not an easy trip.

Everybody, keep up the good work.

Jeff

11 Likes

Take it easy Jeff , rest up and do what i do and build a few more units in your dreams .
Dave

7 Likes

Brother Jeff, sorry to hear you are struggling we are praying for you. Asking YEHOVAH God to heal you back up In and By God’s Word Yeshua the Messiah. He will Do all this for His Name Sake. Call on His Name and He Will Hear you. Amen, Amen.
Bob

7 Likes

Jeff, we have not met and I am fairly new to the forum, but we are close by, just outside of Meadvillle. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know.
Kent

6 Likes

All right here it is the DF X - S4 running two generators in tandem!! This unit is for larger V twin and larger generators along with Pick up truck installations’. It has been up and running for about over an hour now without a hitch.

15 Likes

So total run time was three hours running both units in tandem. That was pretty cool!!

8 Likes

That is excellent Matt. Good Job.
Bob

5 Likes

As always Matt Fantastic build and to run 2 generators at the same time is amazing !

Its a real shame we are so far away and Aussie customs are a pain in the backside and charge the earth imports other wise i would have ordered a few off you for myself and Brian .
Anyway sure your gonna be real busy building these well done

Dave

8 Likes

What size engine do you plan on trying to run in a vehicle and what is the largest size you anticipate it could handle?

2 Likes

Big block V8 you can team up to three gasifier modules into a single Fusion.

1 Like

Will this single unit run your 283?

2 Likes

It probably could, but I plan to run two of them so I have larger capacity.

2 Likes

A 283 cu.in. or 4.6 L engine that would be very impressive Matt. Just sale the gasifer for emerging power generation. But on the side note it also can be used to run a vehicle down the road. Get around a whole bunch of government regulations that is in the auto industry these days.
Bob

3 Likes