Tomo Vinković 418 on woodgasdgas

How about coming off the axle on both sides down low making a U shape. Then supporting brackets off the roll cage down low. You could rubber mount to dampen the vibration. Attach a mounting bracket across the U bracket up front.
Bob

3 Likes

O.K. I’ll be the radical and give my position suggestion:
In back as a tall skinny assembly just behind the operator.

Why? It in the last picture. Operating a mini-tractor up close to trees you want the best forwards visibility possible. I’ve even removed hood to get the very best tight front wheels visibility in close.
Yes a person does need to be able to look backwards at implements working off of the rear. looking over one should or the other. Strait back and you’d have to have an owls neck.
The added weight back there will compensate for you Mr Skinny Kristijan.
Then you’d be away from engine vibration.
Gas joint find an old closed knuckle 4x4 front axle end. Adapt that . They are a thick metal hollow ball-in-socket.

4 Likes

Bob, l cant quite visualize what you mean. Front or back?

Steve, thats an option too. Koen stlye. And the filter can be on the other side, long and narrow. Beybee l can even use the roll cage it self as an aditional cooler!

What kind of knuckles are you thinking about? Im not sure l understand what you mean

5 Likes

Steve, only downside is heat. Heat near my skinny butt :grin: but then again better here thain low over the ground…

5 Likes

The brackets from the roll cage hold the front U shaped brack up. They are 45° angle to the frount U shaped bracket.
Bob

4 Likes

Ha, Bob, unfortunaly thats not sn option here.
This is the only video l found that shows how this thing pivots on the midle. There is a hinge in the middle that serves for both steering and leveling. Dont mind the wreckless kid destroying the tractor thugh :disappointed_relieved:
https://youtu.be/57DNBKUy7RY

Here is a litle tugowar. Despite only having a 20hp engine those tractors are remarkably strong and good on the slope with low center of gravity.

https://youtu.be/QfO8epmZRPk

6 Likes

Okay in the second video he had a plow attach to the front. I would say no problems attaching a charcoal gasifier. That tractor is a pulling beast.
Must be something to attach to in front go off to each side.
Bob

5 Likes

…It’s a mini skidder from our side of the pond!
https://youtube.com/shorts/toCIHnEryx4?feature=share

5 Likes

Marcus, everithing is bigger in America :joy: except beer cans :grin:

Bob, weight is not a problem at all. Keep in mind the gasifier will be tiny. The tractor has a 700cc engine that will run dual fuel so it will consume wery litle gas. We are looking at close to a fist size hearth, that is if you fists are Waynes size :smile:

6 Likes

Both of my fists are smaller then Wayne’s one fists lol . Yes it will not be that big of a gasifer with hopper and with cooling tubes and filter. But you are going to build a down draft and not a up draft. Right.
Bob

4 Likes

Interesting project Kristijan.
Up or downdraft? Flute design?
Just a suggestion - try make it easy to use for a mother for your mill and maybe other future equipment.

4 Likes

Yes, what good, a lot of pictures and explanations, so I understand how to do on my tractor. :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

JO, you mean clip on-off? Or drive by and hook a hose to the engine next to it?

Certainly not updraft. I doubt l will ever build one again.

But l havent yet decided on the design. I have found the hevy WK hearth have in my Škoda doesent serve my needs. It requires almost 5 miles to barely start working. Thats 5 dino miles. It makes wery stable ang good gas once warmed up thugh… So lm thinking to put the 8"wk on the tracor and put flutes back in the Škoda.

4 Likes

Jan, its a first for me too :grin:

4 Likes

Drive by - hook up was my thinking. Just make an extra outlet with pre-mixed gas.

4 Likes

JO, lm thinking to not install any gas mixer at all. Something like this

Tractor idles on pure diesel, only pulling a tiny bit of gas just to keep a bit of draft on it. Mix is too lean to ignite. When you want power, give the governor throtle and the engine revs on diesel. Then start shutting the throtle valve shown on the skiz. The mix becomes richer and combustable, the governor start to cut down the diesel to stay on set rpm. Kinda how Tone does, only without an actual mixer.

6 Likes

How many gears does this tractor have? It seem it will be a much narrower RPM range than your truck. So it makes sense to design it that way. Across WK/Imbert design maybe that will heat up faster. One thing on a WK Gasifier is on starting it up, it helps to use a big blower that can move a lot of air. A small blower takes a long time to get things heated up. The preheated air off the exhaust is the other thing that speeds things up on a WK Gasifier. I know this first hand when at Argos wood gas meet up when I lost my preheated air capability. You were there that year Kristijan. 5 times longer to bring it up to running temperatures. It is not a race to me anyways on starting up. but facts are facts.
Bob

5 Likes

Seems like the easiest thing would be to cut that engine cover so it could be pulled off without having to pivot it forward. If it’s cut just above the headlight where the front and cover come together it would be seamless. Unless that was a problem with cooling with the gasifier in front of the radiator.

3 Likes

Bob, there is a steep downhill down the mountain that streches for 1.5miles continuously. I go WOT second gear pull starting the lit cold gasifier and at the end of that path l only barely start to get combustable gas, no power. Its a nother mile couple of miles of hybriding later that l can go 100% chargas. That engine pulling on it at WOT is one hell of a blower… But true, l have no air preheat.

But it makes sence. The gasifier is less thain 8" yet that few fistfulls of char need to heat around 20 pounds of steel to a red glow.
@Norman89, l wanted to post this on your thread before regarding that hewy flywheel you got but since the talk brought it up here l will do it here. I wanted to say a lot of mass can do more harm thain good, but in the end of it all it all boils down to personal needs. My super hevy litle gasifier is not bad, as a matter of fact its excelent, but it does not fit my needs with the Škoda.

8 Likes

Tom, l can alredtly hear the laughter of you guys over the pond since most of you dont even have car inspections but belive it or not, here even those litle tractors need to pass a annual inspection. Its best to keep things as original as possible.
But! I have thod about geting a second engine cover and incorporate the gasifier in this one.

9 Likes