Tomo Vinković 418 on woodgasdgas

What’s that? You need to inspect tractors as well? Unheard of to me :thinking:

7 Likes

Ofcorse. Licence plates and all,if you want to drive on the public road. And a special drivers licence (wich l dont have yet). If you only drive on your property, you dont need to register it but you still need the licence (officialy :joy:)

7 Likes

Hm…licence plates yes, but no inspections and only ordinary drivers licence. Still road worthy. Do you inspect mopeds too?

7 Likes

Mopeds fall under 2 categorys. Up to 45kmh and up to 25kmh. The 45kmh was always registred and a few years back, also the slower one.

Our bigest problem with mopeds when we were younger was makin them slow enaugh to pass inspection :joy: l still have a 49ccm 45kmh moped at fathers place that we tuned to get up to 95kmh, now that one never saw the inspecting office. Father goes there each year with a 20€ bill in the mopeds inspection booklet and they roll a old moped of their own out the back to put it on the dyno. Yes, they actualy have to dyno each moped or the programe doesent give you a pass!

10 Likes

We have both categories but neither requires inspection. With the 45 you need a drivers licence(light) though.
Hm, I wonder for how long we will be able to stay out of EU’s clows. My Fergie would never, ever pass inspection :rofl:

6 Likes

For tractors here in my state you just need working lights and a caution triangle strapped high and noticeable. I’m sure there’s a speed limit that you can’t go to, like a 45mph road being illegal to drive tractor on. We have just recently legalized Low Speed Vehicles which don’t need a license or plate and can ride on any road marked 35mph or lower, and can only touch a 45mph road if it’s for crossing. Helps out the elderly that live in town but don’t need to go out in the car.

6 Likes

Wow,Wow,Wow. I hope and Pray that this kind of regulations fall away in your government systems. It’s all about money anyway. Better to pay higher taxes then this rip off method. It seens here in the USA they are doing away with inspections for a carbon
tax now that we are paying. Do you also pay the Carbon taxes too?
Bob

6 Likes

Road tool, tax, carbon tax, insurance, inspection and probably other things are all incorporated in the anual inspection/registration. The cost is proportional to engine size/hp. The entire yearly cost for a moped or tractor is under 50$, not terible but its a nusence. For a mid size car say up to 2l displacement (or what you Americans wuld call a lawnmower :joy:) yearly cost to make it road legal is about 500$

As much as l hate inspections, they do serve a purpose. I can honestly say l was shocked when l came to the US and saw vehicles with missing lights, fenders etc driveing around. Here, such a vehicle wuld be pulled of the road imediatly by the cops.

7 Likes

That depends what state your in. Washington is very stringent, and each county is different from the next. I can’t drive through enumclaw or black diamond WITHOUT getting pulled over, no matter what vehicle I’m in. We actively route trucks around those towns at work. My truck is filthy right now, I would get pulled over for being a road hazard there, but most anywhere else I drive they don’t bat an eye

Seems appropriate I was using it as a skidder the other day pulling logs, got some mud on it haha

8 Likes

Kristian; Do you have any place you can buy implements for it?. I see on Youtube they are pulling 2 bottom mold board plows, and a sickle mower for hay, and best of all in my estimation a roto-tillar. With a plow, an old spring-tooth drag would be needed. No doubt that little tractor can pull so equipment that hooks to the back and runs off a PTO probably would work except for your hills – corn harvesters; corn planterss; even maybe hay baler
As for your hood my suggestion would be; cut the hood in-two where the nose part meets the engine cover. Mount nose permanent. Run 4 pieces of flat stock, one to each of the corners of the engine cover. Then run them down and back to the frame-- make them longer than needed to reach the frame so the engine cover when pushed towards the steering wheel, the cover will go upwards as it moves backwards. TomC

6 Likes

The design of your engine cover would allow you to separate it into a front grill shell and a engine cover or what we would call a hood. They could then be bolted back together and seem stock. You are craftier than me and I know I could do it. I’d mount the gasifier on a pipe frame so that it could be slid onto the front of the tractor into some sleeves fastened on the frame rails. May not seem like it right now, but pretty soon these governments are going to collapse and no one is going to worry about your equipment unless it’s to steal it.

We had stop and frisk vehicle inspections in this state about 50 years ago. I could drive down the road and see traffic backing up and know the State cops had a site set up and I’d immediately turn around before they noticed me. I was always driving hot rod junk that was held together with baling wire. Then when we lived outside Detroit there were annual emissions tests but they didn’t check anything else and just shoved a probe in the tailpipe.

5 Likes

Hi Kristijan, my internet was down for 7 hours, sigh.
I watched your video’s. That is a small machine alright. Maybe too tight in the pivot area for my gas flow axle ball in socket idea.
Suzuki Samurai front axle end. See here beginning at 1:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pbWbL-Hq8
This is part five of a seven part video series.
Skip part six.
Roll into part seven. View the ball seal installation at 5:17 thru 7:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXUvmfIp_g0
Regards
Steve unruh

2 Likes

Suzuki samurai all years and Toyota pickup 79-85 and all years land cruiser had the same setup, enclosed ball pivot and birfield axle joints. At least state side, I know the rest of the world had solid front axles longer then us

3 Likes

My “new” tractor has no number plate, and if I have to drive on the road I have to do an origin check which costs 1100sk (118dollar) and then I have to inspect the tractor, it costs 3125sk (335dollar) and if I can not go to the inspection a guy comes home which costs 750sk (80doller) for every hour started, and then I will have motor insurance

5 Likes

Seems things just dont want to run around here lately… I went ploughing with the tractor today, did half the feald then a nasty sound and lack of clutch forced me to take the engine off.

Almost a fistfull of minced springs, spring cups, bolts, nuts…

6 Likes

Oh no! :grimacing: Looks like you need some spare parts.
No equipment means lot’s of work. Equipment means lot’s of work. No matter where we turn there’s always work.

9 Likes

Sorry to see that you had problems. And unexpected extra work and. expense. I am sure when you get it repaired it will provide years and years of service like the original one.

6 Likes

JO, eactly what you sayd.

I may have been lucky.

With minor modification, the clutch basket from the old Škoda might fit! But thats all l could squeeze out of today, time for some after night shift sleep.

JO, you still remember them? Im sure you miss them now :grin:

8 Likes
2 Likes

Haha! I don’t think anyone will ever miss nightshifts. I sleep 8 hours every night now. I’ve haven’t been more alive for decades.

13 Likes