Too Cold For Tape to stick

We are finally below freezing here … Even aluminum tape won’t stick … I have to run a torch over it first and then it pops off the metal … You folks down south enjoy your warm weather … We can forget condensate tanks now here … I just re-insulated the water line to my trailer this afternoon (possums ripped off the last batch) … Hopefully it will make it till Christmas before it freezes … Stay well amigos, Mike LaRosa

Was 20° here at daybreak … Forget letting condensate sit around … M

LOOKS LIKE WINTER IS MOVEING IN MONDAY OR TUESDAY. WE GOTTA GET THEM WOOL SWEATERS OUT. NOV. 10TH and 11TH 2014

Kevin, Where is 48768 ?? It’s up to 35 now on the hill. The furnace in my office went out last night and I just got that going again … It was in the 30’s in here (office). I usually don’t go in here over the weekends but I had to repair the the controller for my solar panels. A battery cable went to hell and I had to bypass the controller to keep things rolling … I am frozen right now … It’s all mental exercise !!! Like what did I hook to what ??? I have a dump load and 12V heater in my office … Maybe I can work on my cyclone later … It fell off the gasifier yesterday … Always something … over 60 and it’s all tougher… Stay warm … Mike
http://userpages.mhtc.net/~mlarosa/woodgas/

It was another round of bad weather hits the plains when I had to move it. Last year when Chicago New York and Washington had to move it it was a polar vortex. Go figure
Tomw

Hi Tom, I stopped to see Jonathan S 5 years ago on 10/9 in Martell 15 miles south of Lincoln. I saw his old ford with too tall gasifier … I took off for Beatrice but all the hotels were full because of some car race on 10/10 … Jonathan said they were supposed to get 2 inches of snow that night and it was 60 degrees and sunny. I was real tired as it is 400 miles or so from here to Lincoln and I did some of it on wood. I was turning 55 on that trip … I drove west and wound up in Fairplay I think it was and got a great room for $29 … The room had just been redone and I set the thermostat at 80 and slept nkd the the whole night with no sheets … When I got up in the morning I pulled the drapes open and there was 2 inches of snow and ice on my truck … I drove all the way to Vega Texas that day in freezing rain … I don’t know if they had that car race in Beatrice … I slid down a bridge sideways in Salina Kansas … I had 2 gasifiers on that truck …
You are in the real HEARTLAND … Thanks for getting back to me … All my web pages are gone now … sorry or I’d send you picture links … Much of that stuff is on the yahoo woodgas site but I can’t even access that site … Mike

MONDAY OR TUESDAY, HIGH IN THE 30’s

Been very nice up here. I am in the lake daily doing rip-rap. No ice or frost in the ground yet. I sure hope it holds out for a while longer. This is my first big job this year, just been puttering and tinkering. I love this time of year, you guys can have that hot sunshine, I want no part of that till about January. A little sunshine is great at 20 degrees.

I will be putting sides , a back door, and an open top, with ladder rack, just trying too damper speculators/ I am not into spectator/ explanations,

Kevin, Just be careful !! Even Doug ??? from New Zealand, I think, the older woodgas wizard built his gasifier into an international travelall and almost killed himself with CO so he warned about automotive use … Things get hot and you need to get at them in a hurry sometimes too. Wayne’s low profile AND airtight gasifiers as well as a symetrical cooling rack system keep him just under the radar as far as appearance goes. I don’t mind sticking out a bit and grow a long beard etc etc etc … My latest system is plain Jane … It is very light and I can hook it up and take it off without a jack and I forget it is behind me when I drive … I am waiting on some flex pipe I ordered to finally seriously roll with it … They thought I’d have it on Friday … I’ll look your zip up on the USPS site … It is 40 here right now at 7 PM and going down. They predict snow by the weekend (again)

… Mike

Kevin, We had one of our first get togethers in Akron which is close to your zip … Jim Mason from All Power Labs flew in to Detroit and brought a GEK with him which we assembled at the workshop. I drove Laren Corrie (created the yahoo Woodgas group) up to Saginaw Bay on wood … I think it was around 5 years ago ??? Several folks on this site were there … Mike

just thinking a little less noticable. seem like around here they are looking for any thing too pull over.like you say it would not be good for camping; i would like too sheet the sides with aluminum/ with open top and ladder rack for more utillity if cash permits in time. your set up looks apealing. its light, easy too tow with gas missor cars, if i get cash some other time i would like to build a lighter wk gasifier to mount on
trailer.another wood gas meet makes it close to vassar, mi 48768 , or akron would be close, let me know so i can get too meet you and BBB folks.THANKS MIKE/ time too go weld about 10 more back welds on the tube finns.that part is done tonight. THERE is a sawmill by me there should be plenty of wood in spring or summer for sure , not sure in the winter how much he has too get rid of, mostly cotton wood.The other guy has big trailer loads of ash & oak hard wood for $100.00 .a while back he had at least 4 semi loads pree cut leaned up to his barn at least 10 feet up by 80 foot long,lots of hard wood not far from vassar 3 miles.any body is over this way just email me i get his number check on his wood supply.